Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access) vanny02's Avatar

hi guyz i need ur help and opinion about my application

i applied for student visa and its 4 weeks now after that, but still they didnt release my visa yet huhuhu, but my course in london UK started already last week but i call my school already and they change already my starting date. im just worried if it will not affect in my application?? please tell me something im sooo ahhhhhh :((

Banned
    Lucky the VFS accepted your application,because i had chance to chat with one of the staff there months ago while waiting for something....and she told me that British Embassy told them not to accept student visa applicants not more than 10 applicants in a day

Did you track your application ?

They're checking on the genuineness of your application based on your supporting documents, i guess.

I've heard from some applicants who attended the same seminar i have been before i lodged my appl for a visa....
    these questions:
    >One student asked why the long wait, she presented docs like receipts (of her tuition fees, uniforms, accomodation etc).
    >Another student said she has presented a fat passbook and the date of the classes indicated.

Just be patient hope you will get your visa soon. AS long as your docs are genuine and complete.

Best of luck..
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vanny02 View Post
    i applied for student visa and its 4 weeks now after that, but still they didnt release my visa yet huhuhu, but my course in london UK started already last week but i call my school already and they change already my starting date. im just worried if it will not affect in my application?? please tell me something im sooo ahhhhhh :((
    If you search on here you will see that applications are taking much longer than 20 working days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    Lucky the VFS accepted your application,because i had chance to chat with one of the staff there months ago while waiting for something....and she told me that British Embassy told them not to accept student visa applicants not more than 10 applicants in a day
    Did you track your application ?
    Might be wrong but I thought that was just for NVQ applications.

Hey guys thank you for your reply i was so worried about it but now i m bit relaxed .
    yes i track my application on their website and it says it has been forwarded to british high commission. but still i have one qus ? why we need so long time for our applications (i mean we Filipinos) , i checked on internet and i found that other people(other countries) need just 4 days or a week ?

hi vanny,
    would u be taking up NVQ? there are so many applicants for NVQ course and because of this, there is a delay with the processing. As of this time they are dealing with applicants who lodged their documents last Dec. 2008. This only applies for NVQ student applicants. If ul be taking a different course and ur documents are complete it would only take 15 to 30 working days.
    hope this will help!!!
    goodluck!!!!

hi pinky thank you for your reply, no i didnt take NVQ student course but thank you for ur information. and yes i hope it take only like 30 working days and ahhh i hope i get the visa na huhuhu ... ..

thank you guyz fot ur replies

Banned

Wink

Hey guys thank you for your reply i was so worried about it but now i m bit relaxed .
    yes i track my application on their website and it says it has been forwarded to british high commission. but still i have one qus ? why we need so long time for our applications (i mean we Filipinos) , i checked on internet and i found that other people(other countries) need just 4 days or a week ?
    You should know the answer as we are living in a 3rd world country and its not a rich country thou....and some people pretend using student visa but actually thier purpose is to find a job here,IMO

ya thats true thats why :(,

but im really a student and im not like that

thanks for ur reply Mrs.JMajor

A filipino applying for a student visa in the UK is really loaded. Tuition fees are much more expensive converted to peso so they have to show the CEO that such is really genuine.
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

but tell me guyz u think it will not have a problem about that the acceptance letter from my skul that i submitted is last week date?

hey vanny dont worry girl you will get your visa for sure it takes time but yo be always happy and just be+ and best of luck for your career .

but tell me guyz u think it will not have a problem about that the acceptance letter from my skul that i submitted is last week date?

The ECO will decide... whether to grant you a visa or not. It is not only about the acceptance letter but the whole thing. Did you use an agency/consultancy?

if u have your doc correct than no prob i think ....... and i think u really should not worry maybe it takes long time every country has its own procedure for visa you will get it girl ......dont worry be happy

i just did by myself the whole thing

ya thank you Mr. R i hope so huhuhu

i just did by myself the whole thing
    oh cool!

yes thank you, but its was really tough

yes thank you, but its was really tough

tell me what TOUGH means... lol (maybe if you want, read my previous posts regarding Student Visa) it wasn't fun at all...

but anyway, God bless you! Hope things will be well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    tell me what TOUGH means... lol (maybe if you want, read my previous posts regarding Student Visa) it wasn't fun at all...

but anyway, God bless you! Hope things will be well.

i mean its really hard

anyways thank you Jay&Zobel for ur info.

i mean its really hard

anyways thank you Jay&Zobel for ur info.
    hehe course i know what tough meant...

anyway...
    http://filipinaroses.com/search.php?searchid=529055

Regarding the students visa that most Filipinos applied to enter UK and as we knew that some don't come here to study as it is far expensive than in the Philippines, I am just wondering how do they switched their student visa to a work visa? hmmmm..

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bread2lk View Post
    Regarding the students visa that most Filipinos applied to enter UK and as we knew that some don't come here to study as it is far expensive than in the Philippines, I am just wondering how do they switched their student visa to a work visa? hmmmm..
    Under certain circumstances someone can switch their student visa to a work visa at the end of their studies, but I guess a large number of students won't be eligible to do this.

The rest of the students are working because they are here doing an NVQ and it's part of their course, working the number of hours they are allowed to (20 hours/week term time, 40+ hours/week during holidays) or they are working illegally (more than 20 hours/week during term time).

hello everyone... hope you can help.

i applied online yesterday via the VFS website. After trying to book an appointment, the site said there are no more available dates. Would anyone know how to proceed? How will this impact the application? Does that mean that my March application is still valid but I can only book an appointment after March?

I need to advise the school ASAP.

Thanks!

Thread Information