Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie (Restricted Access)

I am falling in love with a Filipino lady

Hi all, i have been searching the web in order to find out what makes a Filipino lady tick. Alas, i find myself here! I live in western Canada and met my new love through a friend. She has been living here in Canada for 5 months as a live-in care giver. From the instant we met, her charming ways have opened my heart for her. I have never dated a Filipino woman before (but i did put my order out there for the universe to take care of) ...and who shows up but she. I have been looking for a life-long mate that is honest, caring and above all, a lady that is willing to work hard at growing and tending to, a life time commitment. I did not know when or how my "order" would transpire, and a Filipino woman had not crossed my mind. Then a friend of mine through work started telling me about his new love, a Filipino lady. The more he told me about her and Filipino values, the more the prospect of finding a Filipino woman appealed to me. Fast forward, the universe has brought a beautiful, warm hearted Filipino woman into my life. I do not question the universes plan for me and am confident this is meant to be. Now that you have a brief description of my current situation, I would like your input if you will? I am aware that courting a Filipino woman is different than courting a western woman, and the more I search the web pages the more informed I am becoming as to Filipino women and their ways. I was raised with values that I hold to this day, and one of them is to take things slowly when getting to know a woman. I was under the impression that Filipino women were the same (another thing that I respect in a women-Filipino or otherwise) but...here is what happened on our first meeting. We were introduced and within minutes, she wanted to know "what do you think?" pointing to herself. By the time the night was over and it was time to go...she had kissed me , not just a kiss but many. I was not sure what to think, but I knew that with her charm and what I have heard about Filipino women, I wanted to get to know her better. Of course I enjoyed her affections, but it totally caught me off guard! If your still reading this, here is my question(s). I have been reading that a Filipino woman will make you work for her love and that actions speak louder than words. Fair enough, but why did she kiss me so soon? Another question; she told me guys tell her they love her, but that it is hard for her to believe them, because they hardly know one another (one guy that she is chatting with in the states, said he loves her, and she can't believe someone she has never physically met would say such a thing) She says it is easy to say the words " I love you"...true enough. Then on our third meeting...she tells ME that she loves me! I truly believe that she is a kind soul and that she is committed to finding a man that is in it for the long haul. I do love her...as much as one can, for the length of time we have spend together. And I am falling more and more in love with her. I believe the universe wants for us, what we want for ourselves. But I am concerned about how forward she has been at such an early stage of our relationship. Am I just that damn irresistible If you have any suggestions please do. Our time is precious and I very much appreciate your time in reading this. Good luck to all of you!

Banned
    hmmm you are lucky,she already kissed you or maybe you are gentleman enough to deserve a kiss,or handsome enough to make her fall for you , what ever it does all i can say is... ENJOY KNOWING EACH OTHER

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Respected Member
    First of all welcome to the forum

I think she might feel very comfortable and secured thats why she is acting that way But goodluck on you relationship
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Banned
    You are, like many other members on this site, Doomed....
    Don't ask yourself the hows and the whys "hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" style, just relax and go with the flow.
    There is plenty to read here just by using the search function.
    Or visit Pete's site, it is a mine of information unequalled.
    http://www.british-filipino.com/

Welcome aboard.

She only kissed you I slept with my husband the first time we met And that's nearly 20 years ago

Tish

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tish View Post
    She only kissed you I slept with my husband the first time we met And that's nearly 20 years ago

Tish
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Quote Originally Posted by tiN View Post
    Must be love/lust at first sight

Respected Member

thanks for making me laugh!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missionforlove View Post
    Hi all, i have been searching the web in order to find out what makes a Filipino lady tick. Alas, i find myself here! I live in western Canada and met my new love through a friend. She has been living here in Canada for 5 months as a live-in care giver. From the instant we met, her charming ways have opened my heart for her. I have never dated a Filipino woman before (but i did put my order out there for the universe to take care of) ...and who shows up but she. I have been looking for a life-long mate that is honest, caring and above all, a lady that is willing to work hard at growing and tending to, a life time commitment. I did not know when or how my "order" would transpire, and a Filipino woman had not crossed my mind. Then a friend of mine through work started telling me about his new love, a Filipino lady. The more he told me about her and Filipino values, the more the prospect of finding a Filipino woman appealed to me. Fast forward, the universe has brought a beautiful, warm hearted Filipino woman into my life. I do not question the universes plan for me and am confident this is meant to be. Now that you have a brief description of my current situation, I would like your input if you will? I am aware that courting a Filipino woman is different than courting a western woman, and the more I search the web pages the more informed I am becoming as to Filipino women and their ways. I was raised with values that I hold to this day, and one of them is to take things slowly when getting to know a woman. I was under the impression that Filipino women were the same (another thing that I respect in a women-Filipino or otherwise) but...here is what happened on our first meeting. We were introduced and within minutes, she wanted to know "what do you think?" pointing to herself. By the time the night was over and it was time to go...she had kissed me , not just a kiss but many. I was not sure what to think, but I knew that with her charm and what I have heard about Filipino women, I wanted to get to know her better. Of course I enjoyed her affections, but it totally caught me off guard! If your still reading this, here is my question(s). I have been reading that a Filipino woman will make you work for her love and that actions speak louder than words. Fair enough, but why did she kiss me so soon? Another question; she told me guys tell her they love her, but that it is hard for her to believe them, because they hardly know one another (one guy that she is chatting with in the states, said he loves her, and she can't believe someone she has never physically met would say such a thing) She says it is easy to say the words " I love you"...true enough. Then on our third meeting...she tells ME that she loves me! I truly believe that she is a kind soul and that she is committed to finding a man that is in it for the long haul. I do love her...as much as one can, for the length of time we have spend together. And I am falling more and more in love with her. I believe the universe wants for us, what we want for ourselves. But I am concerned about how forward she has been at such an early stage of our relationship. Am I just that damn irresistible If you have any suggestions please do. Our time is precious and I very much appreciate your time in reading this. Good luck to all of you!
    welcome to the forum!!!

just spend more time together and know each other well...
    as u have said u r both looking for love and commitment. so this must be it

Awwwwwwwwww i can imagine the BIG smile on your face as i read your post... enjoy each others company and goodluck hope it leads to the altar...
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

Hi all... Good luck to all of you!
    Welcome here!

Reading your thread is so enjoying... lol... But she is quite forward hehehe...

But you can't compete with Tish's reply

There are plenty of things to know about dating a Filipina, yep I also strongly recommend Pete's site:
    http://www.british-filipino.com/

If you are really looking for a genuine and life time commitment, let yourself know her better and let her know you more.

With the I love you thing... hmmm... this is case to case basis. Some folks fall in love easily, some not... Take your time mate! Being in love is such a wonderful thing> it is a journey of unlocking the mystery hehehe (i am so cheesey)

hi welcome to the forum

Banned
    I can't help but comment as I see myself in the girl.. I have the same thinking... Filipinas are generally very hard to court ONLY IF they do not like you or you haven't captured their heart yet... but once you do, they'll be so fast that you won't know what hit you! ... her behavior (being fast and furious.. i mean forward) doesn't necessarily mean that it's something negative... it's just how she feels for you.. that she has already fallen in love with you and would like to show and say it... such a lucky lad! some guys had to court Filipinas for years before they can even hold their hands... enjoy this stage... good luck!

Welcome to the forum missionforlove,

I think there is no correct or wrong answers with regards to questions like kissing or sleeping together during the first date. It all depends on the feelings of the individuals concerned. Some may think it is quite forward or some may think that is love at first sight or simply irrisistible? Some had dated for years before they got married but separate ways after a short period of time, and some had dated for a few months but still together after about 5 or more years.
    Enjoy your getting-to-know each other stage.
    Best of luck!.
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Respected Member

Wow nice one hahahaha. Lucky u

Welcome to the forum

Tish.. you make me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    Wow nice one hahahaha. Lucky u

Welcome to the forum

Tish.. you make me laugh
    I make myself laugh too

Plus I still love and lust over him after all this time

I make myself laugh too

Plus I still love and lust over him after all this time
    Lucky husband

i second the motion

...me again, thank you all soooooooooooooooo much for your encouragement. I have goose bumps on top of my goose bumps, damn near dropped a couple happy tears...but i am man, hear me roar! I'd give you all a big hug...i am giving you all a big hug! ...and believe you me, I am and I will be forever grateful for this beautiful and incredible creature...damn i'm listening to love songs now...it's been a bazillion years since i listened to love songs...live is good! thanks again to each and every one of you.

Respected Member pacificelectric's Avatar
    I am pretty sure the Filipinas have a way to make us westerners fall for them. My GF, who lives in Davao, had a hard time convincing me through the net that our age gap was not important for her and she encouraged me... now we are talking on the phone each day and writing and I will see her this coming July.. don't know what will happen, I won't rush her but I am pretty sure she already knows what she wants (or does not want) to happen.....

Banned
    ...me again, thank you all soooooooooooooooo much for your encouragement. I have goose bumps on top of my goose bumps, damn near dropped a couple happy tears...but i am man, hear me roar! I'd give you all a big hug...i am giving you all a big hug! ...and believe you me, I am and I will be forever grateful for this beautiful and incredible creature...damn i'm listening to love songs now...it's been a bazillion years since i listened to love songs...live is good! thanks again to each and every one of you.
    hahahahaha.... falling in love does make you cheesy.... LOL

filipina, filipina,
    We have our own ways. Yes, different attitude, different qualities, but what make us the same was "love is all we need"

Tish is unique and different as well,
    Me? my husband arrived Mar 31 to our house in the phil.
    We got married April 12, thats the only time he got my treasure hahaha

Just simply show your love and honesty Missionforlove,
    and be faithful bcoz filipina is a one man woman.
    If you will have another woman oh thats the trouble. filipina will not keep their mouth shut hahaha
    "Praise be to the LORD, for he showed his wonderful love to me when I was in a besieged city"...
    (Psalm 31:21)

interesting comments about how how cool Filipinas can be when getting to know you but when THEY decide they want you THEY REALLY WANT YOU. I will give you an example. My wife and I met through competing in hill/mountain racing and I introduced her to my hash house harriers social running group. After a few runs people are given a hash name that is usually related in some way to your character. I had been thinking of something like "ICE LADY". It was around this time after a few months of getting to know each other that Ligaya DECIDED that I was the one. (

Well lets just say that Ligaya was named a few weeks later..... SIX TIMES A NIGHT (STAN for short)

She will kill me when she reads this

Scott
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pacificelectric View Post
    I am pretty sure the Filipinas have a way to make us westerners fall for them. My GF, who lives in Davao, had a hard time convincing me through the net that our age gap was not important for her and she encouraged me... now we are talking on the phone each day and writing and I will see her this coming July.. don't know what will happen, I won't rush her but I am pretty sure she already knows what she wants (or does not want) to happen.....
    she's from Davao? I'm from Davao too.. but living in Manila... goes home often as my parents are still there... good for you pacific! when a filipina's mind is set on anything, she'll have what she wants... she her mind set on you so regardless of race ,age, religion, location, etc... she'll have you... lucky fella!

Respected Member
    Love is in the air

Something with you is irresistible....go on...life is to short,asking stupidity....row,row row you boat....but gently down the streammm...ok.goodluck and have fun.

Banned
    :good luck to all of you!
    Hi and welcome,

Sounds like YOU are having good luck also.

I think her forwardness is probably partially due to her being in Canada, where life is different than the Philippines.

When you are smitten by a Filipina, there is no turning back.

The endearments and constant words of love and affection are, to my experience, like nothing the west has to offer.

I am still amazed at the depth of love my wife communicates to me over the phone, even at a distance of thousands of miles.

When we meet and the door is closed the hugs are non-stop and the warmth is never-ending and I feel so lucky to be in the company of such a lovely lady.

You will continue to feel this warmth if you stay with the lady you have met.

(BTW, just a request: please punctuate your long paragraphs into less daunting sentences. Far easier to get to the meaning. Thanks)

Respected Member katie37pinayuk's Avatar
    ...also maybe she has to let you know and show that she is interested..that she won't lose...that she has found what she has been looking for...and not lose you. enjoy each other's company and goodluck

Respected Member katie37pinayuk's Avatar

Tish
    if you want it...just doh it...go girl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information