Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

requirements for cfo

hi, i understand that st mary euphrasia foundation 1043 araura boulevard is the adress my wife needs to go to thursday to get her cfo sticker.
    i looked at the documents etc to bring with her
    one was a duly completed guidance form. what is that and how does she get it ?
    other documents as may be required .what could they be ?

at the cfo at quirino avenue
    i presume that given to her after the counseling session
    a duly completed emigrant registration form. what is that and where can she get one from ?

and payment of an authorised registration fee. has anyone paid that lately if so how much was it ?

I would apreciate any help with this because my wife says she is not good at doing things like this so i told her i would help her all i could

Quote Originally Posted by chris40 View Post
    hi, i understand that st mary euphrasia foundation 1043 araura boulevard is the adress my wife needs to go to thursday to get her cfo sticker.
    i looked at the documents etc to bring with her
    one was a duly completed guidance form. what is that and how does she get it ?
    other documents as may be required .what could they be ?

at the cfo at quirino avenue
    i presume that given to her after the counseling session
    a duly completed emigrant registration form. what is that and where can she get one from ?

and payment of an authorised registration fee. has anyone paid that lately if so how much was it ?

I would apreciate any help with this because my wife says she is not good at doing things like this so i told her i would help her all i could
    Hi Chris,
    If you go to http://www.gov.ph/download/ and then scroll down until you see:
    Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO)
    Downloadable Forms
    You can get it there, although their website seems to be having a problem at the moment. I have a copy of the form but it's from 2006 and I don't know if it has been updated since then, but at least it will give you an idea of what it looks like and the sort of information your wife will need to complete it. I beleive that the section of the form that refers to "Petitioners Data" means the husband.

CFO Information sheet for Filipino Emigrants.pdf

Iain.

The guidance form is to be given and completed in the center, Chris. It's better that she call to ask for the extra requirements. In other CFO center, they ask for a photo of you with your wife. I went to SMEF-COW in Aurora Blvd and all they asked from me were my ID (my driver's license), Birth Certificate and Marriage Contract (both from NSO) and my passport and photocopies of each. I paid P250 for counseling and another P400 for the registration fee. I was done in less than 3 hours.

For more info, check this out: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/cfosmefcow_guidelines.pdf
    Faith makes all things possible.
    makes them easy.

Hello Chris,

I agree with empott, the guidance form is to be given and completed in the center. Just tell your wife to provide 3 copies of her birth certificate, Passport with Visa. If she can attend the morning session at 11:00am, she must be there at least 30 minutes before the session start to fill up the registration form. Prepare 800 pesos ( 400- registration fee & 400 for the sticker)

Had my CFO seminar in SMEF-COW last December 2008 and it took 3 hours.

Goodluck

Respected Member
    thanks so much for the help everyone, i,m sure my wife will be pleased with the info i will give her. she had a headache earlier from the stress of worrying about not knowing what to do. i will download the form from the site. its up and running now iain. thanks

Tell her not to worry, Chris. People are helpful there. If there's something she doesn't understand, all she has to do is ask. Better to ask than make a mistake.
    makes them easy.

Respected Member
    just a quick update , i,m glad to say my wife has her cfo sticker.
    she is very happy ,which in turn makes me happy.she can now relax until her flight.
    thanks again.

Respected Member
    just a quick update , i,m glad to say my wife has her cfo sticker.
    she is very happy ,which in turn makes me happy.she can now relax until her flight.
    thanks again.

Congratulations Chris. For sure your wife can now sleep well lol.. Have a safe trip to her soon.

Anyways my spouse visa application is turning 13 weeks on Monday. It will be exactly 3 months and still there's no new updates. Do you think that's why it's taking long time because it's refused or what?Any idea?.. Thanks and wish me luck. May God bless us all.
    Life can be happier & less stressful if we remember one simple thought..We can't have all that we desire,but prayers will give us all that we deserve.God bless everyone!

Respected Member
    hi shayla , thanks very much . i can only give you a very uninformed opinion.
    my wifes visa aplication was based on this .
    i own my own house so there is no big mortgage repayments.
    she is 33 and i am 41 so theres no big age difference.
    it is her 1st time aplication.
    and we made sure to have as much documents as we could and fotos.
    so i think they only looked at it for a short while and accepted it straight away.
    whereas any application that they need to look at further they put aside to look at in further detail when they have more time.
    thats just a theory i have because you asked me.
    please be patient and remember no news is good news.
    i wish you all the luck in the world with your aplication and may you get your visa soon.

Congratulations to your wife, Chris. May she'll have a safe journey coming there.
    makes them easy.

Respected Member
    thankyou empott

Respected Member
    hi shayla , thanks very much . i can only give you a very uninformed opinion.
    my wifes visa aplication was based on this .
    i own my own house so there is no big mortgage repayments.
    she is 33 and i am 41 so theres no big age difference.
    it is her 1st time aplication.
    and we made sure to have as much documents as we could and fotos.
    so i think they only looked at it for a short while and accepted it straight away.
    whereas any application that they need to look at further they put aside to look at in further detail when they have more time.
    thats just a theory i have because you asked me.
    please be patient and remember no news is good news.
    i wish you all the luck in the world with your aplication and may you get your visa soon.
    Thanks Chris for your personal view. Anyways I will just wait for it that's only I can do and same I submitted the mortgage statements and photos which are loads ..

Only the reason I think why it's taking long time it's because of my age but the rest there's no problem.

Thanks once again and have a flight to your wife. She's lucky because it's not too cold in the UK now as Spring is on the way..

God bless us all..
    Life can be happier & less stressful if we remember one simple thought..We can't have all that we desire,but prayers will give us all that we deserve.God bless everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Shayla View Post
    Thanks Chris for your personal view. Anyways I will just wait for it that's only I can do and same I submitted the mortgage statements and photos which are loads ..
    Only the reason I think why it's taking long time it's because of my age but the rest there's no problem.
    Thanks once again and have a flight to your wife. She's lucky because it's not too cold in the UK now as Spring is on the way..
    God bless us all..
    Shay u will be posting from Newcatle in no time thats certain
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger@tigress View Post
    Shay u will be posting from Newcatle in no time thats certain
    Hello Ate Ma.

Are you living in Newcastle?I'm just curious that's why I want to know!. Cheers! (",)

Quote Originally Posted by Shayla View Post
    Do you think that's why it's taking long time because it's refused or what?
    If your application was to be turned down simply because of your age, I would expect the refusal to be notified fairly quickly.

... i think they only looked at it for a short while and accepted it straight away.
    Yes, I had this thought after I spoke to the Consul last week. Perhaps straightforward applications are dealt with 'quickly' (ie, an eight week turn around), whereas more difficult cases are being put aside and dealt with later (the four month turn around).

Thread Information