Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

FLR visa extension

hello all.

my wife may or may not pass her life in UK test before her current flr spouse visa runs out.

i know that she will need to apply for an extension and to state the reasons why she needs it.

two questions if any one knows the answers.

if she gets an extension is it for a full two years again?

if for example she passed the UK test shortly after getting an extension can she apply straight away for ILR or will she need to wait again for two years.

when ever i email the immigration people i always get half the question answered, so i thought i would try the mine of information on here .

regards

john

i think it will be granted for 2yrs

and yes, once your wife passes she can apply for ilr.

Hello,
    I came here in spouse visa last 2005 but unfortunately i didnt know that i have to take a test to become a resident here, it was too late for me to find out that i ahve to before i can apply ILR, i felt that i diddnt have enough time to study so i applied for extention instead, and yes they will xtend her visa for another 2 years, i just took the test this january and i passed it, i have thesame question can i apply for the ILR now or do i have to wait til my visa expire this oct,any help much appreciated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bagaholic View Post
    Hello,
    I came here in spouse visa last 2005 but unfortunately i didnt know that i have to take a test to become a resident here, it was too late for me to find out that i ahve to before i can apply ILR, i felt that i diddnt have enough time to study so i applied for extention instead, and yes they will xtend her visa for another 2 years, i just took the test this january and i passed it, i have thesame question can i apply for the ILR now or do i have to wait til my visa expire this oct,any help much appreciated!!!
    Arrived 2005 so you were supposed to apply ILR 2007 and we are now year 2009..you left it too long

You can apply for your ILR after you've completed your 24 months of stay (start date since you arrived in UK with your spouse visa).

Even though Im very confident to answer your query, Its also a good idea to ask advice from Home Office.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    You can apply for your ILR after you've completed your 24 months of stay (start date since you arrived in UK with your spouse visa).
    yes you need to have been in the uk at least 2yrs -(upto 28days ) and have passed the life in uk test to apply for ILR under current immigration laws, which could change soon

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    Arrived 2005 so you were supposed to apply ILR 2007 and we are now year 2009..you left it too long

Even though Im very confident to answer your query, Its also a good idea to ask advice from Home Office.
    Yeah i know, i should have applied for it, that time but i only found out that i need to take the life in the uk test mid sept 2007 and my visa expired 9th of oct, so i didnt felt that i had enough time, so i applied for extention instead and now, my question is do i have to wait nearer my xpiry of my extention visa b4 i apply or can i apply for the ILR now even my visa will run out this oct since i've been here more than 3 yrs, thanks alot for all the answer

how much would an extension cost?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AJS View Post
    how much would an extension cost?
    Currently £395 for postal or £595 if applied for in person at a PEO.

The prices are likely to go up soon - probably by £70 on 1st April.

Respected Member
    thanks guys and girls

regards
    john

Quote Originally Posted by bagaholic View Post
    Yeah i know, i should have applied for it, that time but i only found out that i need to take the life in the uk test mid sept 2007 and my visa expired 9th of oct, so i didnt felt that i had enough time, so i applied for extention instead and now, my question is do i have to wait nearer my xpiry of my extention visa b4 i apply or can i apply for the ILR now even my visa will run out this oct since i've been here more than 3 yrs, thanks alot for all the answer
    We have answered your question already
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    The prices are likely to go up soon - probably by £70 on 1st April.
    yes it looks like it will be on april fools day , thats when they have always increased the prices, but mid feb and only 6wks to go, but no official news

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sit...edfeesin200910

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    yes you need to have been in the uk at least 2yrs -(upto 28days ) and have passed the life in uk test to apply for ILR under current immigration laws, which could change soon
    Hi Thanks for the reply, i've decided to apply for ILR this month even though my extention will expire on Sept,How i wish i knew that last year i could have applied for it and not waited for the extention to expire coz thats wat i thought this forum is really helpful thanks alot

Thread Information