Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Worried about savings.

I am travelling to Manila on 22nd December to be with my new wife for the Christmas and New Year celebrations and also to submit her application for a Spouse Visa.
    Couple of concerns I have:
    1. At the moment I have only about £600 in my bank account. Normally I do have more than this but since we got married in the Philippines in October, a lovely church wedding and reception, and the fact that I also visited her in August to arrange the church, wedding licence, seminars etc. my funds are a bit low. I have also just paid £1100 for the flight to Manila for my visit this month. So obviously I have paid out about £9000 in the last 4/5 months but have low funds in my account.
    2. A lot of my income is from expenses and other income but I have only got payslips for salary and not these expenses so it looks as if I do not earn as much as I actually do.

Should I explain all this on Visa Application and on a covering letter?

We have been together for 6 years now and this will be my 24th visit to Philippines as well as her coming here for 6 months on a V. Visa so I can't see a problem there it is just the financial side

Thanks

I think savings are less of an issue than you're income allowing you to support her when she comes to the UK.
    I would explain it on the covering letter, but very straightforwardly so it doesnt look like wheedling. You will need backup documentation, so payslips and bank statements are essential, and your bank statements hopefully can show a solid financial situation.

My biggest surprise here is how much you paid for flights to manila! I generally have been able to get flights for about £5-600 return!
    'The mind is like a parachute - It works best when its OPEN'

If you find my posts useful, amusing or interesting please feel free to add to my reputation

congratulations,
    you plans are fine if i was you i would write a letter being frank and honest detail your finances and the history of your relationship so they can see the expense that you have gone to a basic income and outgings list would not go amiss and they would be able to see on average what you have left each month for support...it has been said £90 per week after all bills is considered enough.

hope this helps

jonathan

IMO savings is important but I could be wrong It would be advantage if you could explain all this on Visa Application.Goodluck!
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Quote Originally Posted by MarBell379 View Post
    My biggest surprise here is how much you paid for flights to manila! I generally have been able to get flights for about £5-600 return!
    i would be surprised if you can get a flight now, to go to the phils just b4 xmas for £500-£600..

first time i went to the phils, i landed on xmas eve, and the only ticket i could get was with BA and that cost me £1,100 and the was more than 8yrs ago.

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    With the flight costs I guess it depends on how soon before you fly as to how much the flight costs. If you booked back in September, you could have got a return flight for £355 to fly just before Christmas. Just found return flights with KLM this month for only £526 which is pretty good.

Thread Information