Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

15 Feb BBC 2 at 9.20pm

"Explore - Manila to Mindanao"

A BBC2 TV programme called Explore has an episode about the Phils.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00htg7d

Unfortunately, they meet that awful b**ch Imelda Marcos & give her publicity. This just perpetuates the only thing most Brits know about the country – Imelda and her shoes.

Andy
    Surrey

Thanks! I will watch it.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Respected Member
    I was about to post something similar. I may record it and send it to Shei.

It's a programme called "Explore: From Manila to Mindanao". I just watched the last episode when he was in Turkey. The main presenter, Simon Reeve, has a refreshing style. While walking through a Kurdish area with a former mayor, followed by lots of kids he said "Bloody hell, there's little hands going into my pockets... the little scamps".

I am disappointed I missed this series, but have Sky Plussed for next week. I think it will open people's eyes to a country seldom featured. Remember, the Philippines is the third largest English speaking nation in the world, and all most of us know is Manila and Marcos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ady View Post
    I think it will open people's eyes to a country seldom featured. Remember, the Philippines is the third largest English speaking nation in the world, and all most of us know is Manila and Marcos.
    I agree, other SE Asian countries (I'm excl Thailand which is popular) are mentioned in holiday TV progs, travel sections of newspapers, cookery but never the Philippines. You see/read info on other "low profile" countries - Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, but never the Philippines. When something eventually arrives it's got that bloody woman in it - for God's sake they were kicked out over 20 years ago. Hopefully her segment of the programme will be small. The Filipinos should have done the same as the Romanians in 1989 - put against a wall & shot.

i write it down in paper already as a reminder hehehe...

I always watch explore since it started in ARgentina

After I watched it last sunday in turkey when they showed the next show will be in the PI i was shock And we set a reminder in our telly for that

My husband is excited to watch it

Lets hope they show a more positive side of the phils and not the usual negatives like smokey mountian/corruption etc

Simon Reeve and his group are really good when they present and go around and explore other countries, I hope they do give good justice as well when they explore our beloved country..Philippines..

I'm also hoping they'll give a more balanced view of Philippines! It could be a great tourist destination but the bad news makes people feel twitchy about going there..

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Thread Information