Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

14 weeks and still waiting

Need your help guys and girls put in for wifes visa on 29th October, no news as yet does anybody know the wording i.e. the time limit of which a desicion needs to be made, or is it on going with no time scale? I have noticed somebody has waited 14 weeks and somebody commented that is the longest they have known.Mine is longer so getting concerned.
    Yes my wife is only 20 years young but embassey said that is not a problem.

Banned
    call them ,email them as Shayla just call but since she is just 11 weeks they told her to wait 13 weeks,so make some action now guys

yes it's time you called them, as i said before it looks like they might be dragging it out til she's nearer 21

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by socool007 View Post
    Need your help guys and girls put in for wifes visa on 29th October, no news as yet does anybody know the wording i.e. the time limit of which a desicion needs to be made, or is it on going with no time scale? I have noticed somebody has waited 14 weeks and somebody commented that is the longest they have known.Mine is longer so getting concerned.

Hello Socool007,

I applied a spouse visa last Nov 24, 2008 and still waiting for the result too... Exactly 11 weeks on Monday. My friend told me that there was 4 applicants who applied a spouse visa and they lodged their applications last Oct 2008 and was interviewed the other day and got their visas after that..

Anyway I phoned the Embassy as well as the UKVAC about the age raised but they said that's not a problem as long as your legally married here in the Philippines.

Maybe the result will be made late..

Good luck for both of us.
    Life can be happier & less stressful if we remember one simple thought..We can't have all that we desire,but prayers will give us all that we deserve.God bless everyone!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    yes it's time you called them, as i said before it looks like they might be dragging it out til she's nearer 21

Hi Joe,

We will see what happens soon.. Anyway result is on the way....
    Life can be happier & less stressful if we remember one simple thought..We can't have all that we desire,but prayers will give us all that we deserve.God bless everyone!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    call them ,email them as Shayla just call but since she is just 11 weeks they told her to wait 13 weeks,so make some action now guys

Hello Ate Juliet,

I agree with you,Socoo can phone them and ask why it took long time so he will be given an advice then but I think it's really delayed the results now because of the new processing time...

Quote Originally Posted by Shayla View Post
    Anyway I phoned the Embassy as well as the UKVAC about the age raised but they said that's not a problem as long as your legally married here in the Philippines.
    that's not true at all, you need to be 21 or over, most of those who applied before the date the change was brought in should be ok, i've heard of one case up to now, where a 19yr old American was refused a spouse visa for being under 21 and they applied before the rule was brought in.. as its been 14wks i'm sure they are dragging it out, so by the time she gets her visa she will be 21, i'm wondering if an immigration officer could refuse her for being under 21 when she got to the uk, so maybe the embassy are making sure this doesn't happen ?

no news is good news in a funny way for you, at least they haven't refused you yet , just hold on

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    that's not true at all, you need to be 21 or over, most of those who applied before the date the change was brought in should be ok, i've heard of one case up to now, where a 19yr old American was refused a spouse visa for being under 21 and they applied before the rule was brought in.. as its been 14wks i'm sure they are dragging it out, so by the time she gets her visa she will be 21, i'm wondering if an immigration officer could refuse her for being under 21 when she got to the uk, so maybe the embassy are making sure this doesn't happen ?

no news is good news in a funny way for you, at least they haven't refused you yet , just hold on

Right, best thing to do is to wait and see for the result soon . ...Who knows it's approved?..What will be will be...Only the ECO knows!

I have called them twice last week, i asked them how my wifes visa is doing and they said it has been done on the 17th dec. how they knew this info without knowing her name as they did not ask i do not know-unless they have unknown super powers ??? Then i said to them i think you need to know her name, then she came up with end of January/ early February.sounds odd to me :s

Respected Member
    I have called them twice last week, i asked them how my wifes visa is doing and they said it has been done on the 17th dec. how they knew this info without knowing her name as they did not ask i do not know-unless they have unknown super powers ??? Then i said to them i think you need to know her name, then she came up with end of January/ early February.sounds odd to me :s

I really don't know how they will work out the visa but I think waiting for 14 weeks is too long.It's more than 3 months processing .

Just very strange that they told you it's done last 17th of December and up to now no result yet.

Try to phone them again, who knows maybe next week it's ready

Good luck!

Banned
    that was so annoying eh they didnt realize what is the pressure of the person whos waiting for their visa and they just answer

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    that was so annoying eh they didnt realize what is the pressure of the person whos waiting for their visa and they just answer

Correct..correct...correct Ate Juliet..

Respected Member

Hello Socool007,

Kindly let me know when your wife receive her visa result..Thanks!

Good luck for both of us.

Respected Member
    this seems strange.
    what is happening with the embassy ?
    are they not issuing visas anymore ?
    anybody have any idea of why visas are taking so long ?
    HAVE FAITH IN GOD !

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TONY73 View Post
    this seems strange.
    what is happening with the embassy ?
    are they not issuing visas anymore ?
    anybody have any idea of why visas are taking so long ?
    Hi Tony,

I think the Embassy is very busy at the moment that's why they are not issuing the visa and not giving us the result .

Respected Member

Hello Socool007..

Any new updates about your wife's visa application?????

Thread Information