Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Visa problems for my wife to come to the UK

Hi all,
    Some might remember me from my last post about my wife disappearing after we married in the Philippines in April 2008.
    We did make contact again after around 2 months, she was scared to tell me she has spent the money I had left with her for the visa interview and travel cost, on an internet scam, but contacted me on my birthday in June.
    She is now having the medical before the visa interview.
    I am worried about my income now, when she disappeared I was very upset in not knowing what had happened, and my employer gave me the option on having an early retirement (I am 64)
    Because I took retirement 6 months before I will be 65 I am receiving Pension Credit until I can receive my state pension, will this affect my being able to support her?
    My living conditions are:
    I am in a nice Housing Association flat, that is as secure as it can be, and I have had a letter from the Housing Ass to go with our application that the one bedroom flat is suitable for both me and my wife to live in.
    I also receive £60.00 per week from my Occupational pension
    And £45.00 per week from Disability Living Allowance
    I have savings of £12,000
    Hoping somone can help,
    Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by mickcant View Post
    Hi all,
    Some might remember me from my last post about my wife disappearing after we married in the Philippines in April 2008.
    We did make contact again after around 2 months, she was scared to tell me she has spent the money I had left with her for the visa interview and travel cost, on an internet scam, but contacted me on my birthday in June.
    I am worried about my income now, when she disappeared I was very upset in not knowing what had happened, and my employer gave me the option on having an early retirement (I am 64)
    Because I took retirement 6 months before I will be 65 I am receiving Pension Credit until I can receive my state pension, will this affect my being able to support her?
    I am in a nice Housing Association flat, that is as secure as it can be, and I have had a letter from the Housing Ass to go with our application that the one bedroom flat is suitable for both me and my wife to live in.
    Hoping somone can help,
    Mick.

I would imagine that amount of savings would be good but as i am sure you know your wife will not get any public funds but she will be able to work!!

you shouldnt have a problem but dont tell them your wife disappeared with your money!

how do you know she wont do it when shes there?

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Red face Hello everyone Im new to the forum

in response to your thread, I would really think hard before I bring her over. She doesn't sound trustworthy to me and she might make you very unhappy in the long run. sorry.

Must leave now Im off for a job interview. be back later.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    you shouldnt have a problem but dont tell them your wife disappeared with your money!

how do you know she wont do it when shes there?
    Quote Originally Posted by aec5968 View Post
    in response to your thread, I would really think hard before I bring her over. She doesn't sound trustworthy to me and she might make you very unhappy in the long run. sorry.
    I thought the same thing Mick be aware please,you see in the first place she already done that,what more if she is there already,aside from your 12,000 gbp savings Don't want to see you posting here saying she's with another man, how old is she??

P.s dont mis interpret some of replies here,we just care

Hi all,

Mick.
    What's the medical for? You are applying for a UK Spousal Visa, aren't you?

Banned
    Oh yeah, and why you are sure that you're wife will have interview knowing she will just put her application as spouse visa,keep in touch on the forum Mick,you will learn loads of things here

Hi all,
    Hoping somone can help,
    Mick.
    If she is applying for a UK (spousal) settlement visa, as Mavid has said, she doesen't need a medical and she will not need to have an interview unless the ECO (Entry Clearance Officer) who deals with her application decides that he has insufficient information to make a decision about her visa application without speaking to her personally.

Are you really sure that she has submitted, or intends to submit an application this time? If she has, or when she tells you she has, she should be able to give you the Application Reference Number, so you can track the application online.

Iain.

Surely there are still some trust issues to be sorted out?

What proof do you have that she will def come over?

Hi, Mick here.
    Is it that becouse we are married she does not need the medical or visa interview, I thought she still needed them?
    I have thought long on this, and do love her and want to make a go of this, yes she is younger than me we both knew that from the beginning, her family accepted me and we had 100 of them there at our wedding.
    Mick.

Respected Member
    Hi, Mick here.
    Is it that becouse we are married she does not need the medical or visa interview, I thought she still needed them?
    I have thought long on this, and do love her and want to make a go of this, yes she is younger than me we both knew that from the beginning, her family accepted me and we had 100 of them there at our wedding.
    Mick.

There's no medical if ever its settlement visa as a wife and about the interview, not sure because in my case I've been waiting for almost 11 weeks and they never give me a ring yet for the interview!.
    Life can be happier & less stressful if we remember one simple thought..We can't have all that we desire,but prayers will give us all that we deserve.God bless everyone!

Generally, a medical is not required for any kind of visa to the UK. An x-ray...YES, but not a medical.

Visa Interview like Iain said, it depends on the ECO handling her application.

Banned
    Hi, Mick here.
    Is it that becouse we are married she does not need the medical or visa interview, I thought she still needed them Mick.
    No she don't need any medical to apply spouse visa mick ,also about the visa interview you are saying,once she submit the requirements of her spouse visa,you both don't know yet,if the ECO will call her for interview ,coz some didn't ask for interview if the ECO are satisfied on the documents you submitted

Hi, Mick here.
    Mick.
    if the worse comes to the worse, you've got 2 years to decide if she is trust worthy, if you don't trust her don't sign her ILR and she will have to go back to the phils

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    Oh yeah, and why you are sure that you're wife will have interview knowing she will just put her application as spouse visa,keep in touch on the forum Mick,you will learn loads of things here
    You're right Ma'am Juliet, best Mick will keep in touch with the forum because people here really helps a lot.

About Mick's wife, I think she don't have a word of honor because you can see she tell lies and she spent the money to other things though it's intended for her visa fee and the worst thing was she didn't ask her hubby's permission to spend it.
    Life can be happier & less stressful if we remember one simple thought..We can't have all that we desire,but prayers will give us all that we deserve.God bless everyone!

They say love is blind which is true but it can cost you a lot of money also if people decide to leave their common sense at home..

I hope she has changed and you make a go of it but you have not really said anything to convincing to prove otherwise...

Married or not tread carefully

hi shayla when di u submitted ur visa pls just want to know how long to wait for the isa.coz some r just 7 weeks and some r 8 and some r 12 13 14 weeks so just want to know when did u submitted urs so i can expect mine too.

Hi shayla, I am afraid my case will not help you, we sumitted an online applacation last April 2008.
    After we resolved some issues my wife has re submitted becouse the online referance no would no longer work,
    I hope anouther member can help you,
    Mick.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nidadonnachie@y View Post
    hi shayla when di u submitted ur visa pls just want to know how long to wait for the isa.coz some r just 7 weeks and some r 8 and some r 12 13 14 weeks so just want to know when did u submitted urs so i can expect mine too.
    Hello Nida,

I submitted my spouse visa application last November 24, 2008 and I've been waiting for almost 11 weeks..By Monday it's exactly 11 weeks of waiting..

I'm still waiting for the result though and speaking of some here got their visa result earlier than mine.Yes you're right some got their visa in 7-8 weeks but it's depends on the cases of the applicants, maybe there's nothing to check about their application that's why it was fast. Anyway sooner or later I will hear from it.Hope to have a positive result.

How about yours?When did you applied?

Respected Member
    Hi shayla, I am afraid my case will not help you, we sumitted an online applacation last April 2008.
    After we resolved some issues my wife has re submitted becouse the online referance no would no longer work,
    Mick.

Hi Mick,

I see and that's okay.

I was only telling you about my case that I'm still waiting for my visa result and it's nearly 11 weeks now of waiting and there's no update yet.

Anyway both parties don't know either there's an interview or not the day you submit your application so that's why it's best to wait and see.

Good luck in your case. Hope your wife will be truthful to you always.

we sumitted an online applacation last April 2008.
    Mick.

hmmm.... who filed the application online? you or her? also, submitting twice coz online reference no longer works....? hmmmm.............

just be very careful of whatever she is saying... £12000 is such a lot of money!
    i pray you will not be fooled again...

Hi Zobel, we were together with her brother in law when we filled in the online applacation in April 2008, then I tried to use the reference number we were given in January 2009 but I could not find the link to enter the number, my wife was then going to the British Embassy as she is in Manila to check and said she re submitted the applacation.
    Everyone seems to be saying be carfull, I am thinking of all I can, but I also see us being together as a chance of happyness for us both, if I did not truly love her I would have backed out long ago.
    Mick.

hi shayla i sumitted mine last month and i hexk it already that its on a high commision already from the day i apllied,just wondering how long its takes mine too,im worried and nervouse coz when i submetted my doc my husband ddnt gv me his salry slip yet,but i have hos bank statement and our pic of wedding and some family pic, and emails,and chat and letter cards on ocassions,and some bills on our name togethere here in manila where we r livng together.just worried too hope taht ur visa well be there wit u soon and i hope thta i wont wait for a ong time too wanna be with my husband by end of march. thanks shay for ur answer and goodluck to urs think positive girl.

hi mick sorry to hear ur situation mick,dont know what to say coz im new here too.and i kow that most of our foumer here knows bette and good in advicing things,so lets listen to them and think about.good luck to u mick hope and wished for ur happyness.

Banned
    when we filled in the online applacation in April 2008, then I tried to use the reference number we were given in January 2009 but I could not find the link to enter the number,
    Everyone seems to be saying be carfull,
    Mick.
    that was obviously too long,application is only 13 weeks

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nidadonnachie@y View Post
    hi shayla i sumitted mine last month and i hexk it already that its on a high commision already from the day i apllied,just wondering how long its takes mine too,im worried and nervouse coz when i submetted my doc my husband ddnt gv me his salry slip yet,but i have hos bank statement and our pic of wedding and some family pic, and emails,and chat and letter cards on ocassions,and some bills on our name togethere here in manila where we r livng together.just worried too hope taht ur visa well be there wit u soon and i hope thta i wont wait for a ong time too wanna be with my husband by end of march. thanks shay for ur answer and goodluck to urs think positive girl.
    I see. Well some here never give their salary slip and still they are approved. My husband is self-employed and we never submit any pay slips just the bank statements.

I do hope and pray to get the result this week or next week.One friend of mine told me that there was 4 applicants who applied as spouse visa last October and was interviewed yesterday but the 4 of them are approved.

How I wish no more interview in my case and so u are. Too hard waiting for another 2-3 weeks for the result.. Grrrr ..I'm mad lol.

Banned
    Mick.
    It seems to me that if you haven't received an answer by now, you never will.

Sorry, but if you have let her re-submit the application by herself the chances are that there was something wrong somewhere.

After reading your posts regarding the debacle from the very beginning I am still of the opinion that you should jump ship and row as fast as you can away from this sad experience.

I presume rightly or wrongly, that all the forumers here have had constant contact with each other while waiting for the visa to be issued.
    Some had to wait longer than others for various reasons, ie. lack of necessary documents, money in the bank, accomodation, no work, etc.
    But in the end, they still manage to keep in touch and keep the relationship going, because they want it to succeed, and ultimately they get together again, wether here in the UK or the Philippines is unimportant.

In your case, it is apparent that only one party wants to keep it going.... You.....

Do yourself a big favour, enjoy your retirement, ditch the dubious one-sided relationship and start a quickie divorce.
    I am really sorry for you.
    But smile because everyday is the first day of the rest of your life, and you never know what is to be found around the next corner....

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    It seems to me that if you haven't received an answer by now, you never will.

But in the end, they still manage to keep in touch and keep the relationship going, because they want it to succeed, and ultimately they get together again, wether here in the UK or the Philippines is unimportant.

In your case, it is apparent that only one party wants to keep it going.... You.....

Do yourself a big favour, enjoy your retirement, ditch the dubious one-sided relationship and start a quickie divorce.
    I am really sorry for you.
    But smile because everyday is the first day of the rest of your life, and you never know what is to be found around the next corner....

we will be praying for you...

Banned
    Hi all, Some might remember me from my last post about my wife disappearing after we married in the Philippines in April 2008...
    Mick, please be VERY careful here. Take some time and read many people's experiences on this forum.................
    If she re-submitted her settlement application, she will know about your savings (if you have included this with your documents showing your ability to support her) and that is a very dangerous thing as she has already jumped ship once and could be ready to take you for a ride again.

Did you send her the visa fee again?
    Are you sure she has not run away with the PHP 38,000+ for the second time ?

Hi Oposhark,
    I am thankfull for the post reminding me to proceed with caution.
    My wife does not know about my savings, I have never said anything to her about them.
    And no I have not yet paid the visa fee again, I had hoped when I knew the applacation was going through to pay it direct to the British Embassy in Manila,which she does know about, but they will only acept payment from a Philippine bank, and that was what my first post was about _if_ there was a way of paying it from a british bank to a Phililippine bank at a reasonable fee.

I do honestly think we can be together, and I could not live with myself if I gave up,without going any further, I would always be wondering, I did before we met, meet more Filipina's in Dubai and it was one of them that helped me meet my wife.
    Mick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information