Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

travel clearance and cfo seminar for minors - help and advice please.

hi guys,

we finally sent the documents to my 15 year old daughter for her settlement visa application.

please enlighten me, there are two things that are not clear to me,
    the first thing is, does she needs to attend the cfo seminar? and secondly, do we need to apply a travel clearance for her?

Thank you.

jbt
    "Chains do not hold a marriage together.It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.That is what makes a marriage last - more than passion or even sex..."

Respected Member
    if she will travel with you or her mother, she wouldn't need a travel clearance.
    regarding CFO i'm not really sure... but i did get a CFO sticker also for my son who is 4years old, he didn't attend the seminar but i did.
    so i guess she'll need a seminar too, coz she's 15years old already.

This from the DSWD website regarding travel clearance:

Who need a Travel Clearance?
    * A minor travelling alone to a foreign country.
    * A minor travelling to a foreign country accompanied by a person other than his or her parents.

Who does not need Travel Clearance?
    * All minors other than cited above, for example:

* A minor travelling to a foreign country with either parent or with his or her solo parent or legal guardian;
    * A minor travelling abroad whose parents are in the Foreign Service or living abroad or are immigrants, provided he/she is holding a valid pass such as a dependents visa/pass/identification card or permanent resident visa/pass/identification card which serves as proof that he/she is living with parents abroad and their travel does not constitute child trafficking.

For CFO seminar.. try calling them

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by jbt View Post
    hi guys,

we finally sent the documents to my 15 year old daughter for her settlement visa application.

please enlighten me, there are two things that are not clear to me,
    the first thing is, does she needs to attend the cfo seminar? and secondly, do we need to apply a travel clearance for her?

Thank you.

jbt
    Hi JBT,

When we brought my step-daughter, then 9 years old, here to the UK, she didn't attend a seminar, but we did have to fill a form in at the NAIA to get a CFO sticker on her passport. It cost about P200 - P250 and we also had to pay Philipinnes Travel Tax for her but less than the full amount, about P1,000.

Iain.

thank you guys for the replies.

i've just read in the cfo website that

"Those who are 12 years old and below are exempt from attending the PDOS. They must, however, be registered, even if by proxy. Children of emigrants, aged 13 to 19, are required to attend the Peer Counseling Program to help facilitate their adjustment to a new environment".

I hope if my daughter will be granted a visa, she can just get the cfo sticker in the airport as an option or maybe she really needs to attend the counselling program, as stated in their website.

by the way, sorry i forgot to mention, that aside from my daughters settlement visa application, we will also apply a visit visa for my sister (her guardian in the Phils.) to be her adult travelling companion and a visit visa for her 6 year old daughter as well. I would love my sister and esp. her daughter, who i treated as my own, to come and see England.

I am just wondering if I'm not gonna be the adult travelling companion of my daughter, if she will still need a travel clearance even if she's gonna have a settlement visa.

so worried and confused now, esp. that I am not there to go with them through all the process.
    "Chains do not hold a marriage together.It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.That is what makes a marriage last - more than passion or even sex..."

Thread Information