Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Submitting "further information" after the application?

Hi,

I wonder if anyone knows the answer. When we were applying for a visa, I asked for a 6 month statement from Halifax with regards to my ISA Savings account. I was told it would take 1 week. However, when the statement arrived, it was for 24 months - and I didn't particularly want to send the extra information. So, I asked Halifax again, "6 month statement please", 1 week later I got a 2 week statement. In the end, Halifax sent me a letter detailing how much I had in the ISA account. So, I had to send that instead of a statement.

In the meantime, I have lodged a formal complaint with Halifax (The story is far too long and boring, including them telling me the statement had been faxed to my local branch, only to find they didn't have a fax machine). Halifax have now managed to send me the statements I requested back in October(!). Although my savings are backed up by a letter from a Halifax employee, I was wondering if I could (or should) submit this statement "After the event of application"?

Respected Member
    As it's just a savings account (not your current account) and you've already sent an official letter detailing how much is in that account I can't see any reason why you would need to send the 6 month statement.

Respected Member
    I think you are right Darren.

in your letter of support just give all details of your current saving etc backed up by a current statement of every account you have,you only need 6 months statements on your prefered bank account,as i had few i only give details of my main account with the most money in and we got the visa!

Thread Information