Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

VFS - Manager's cheque

Hello everyone

I am now in Cebu City and having a lovely time with my wife

We have the Manager's cheque (from Metrobank) for the correct amount and made payable to "British Embassy Manila".

I booked an online appointment for Rochelyn for Wednesday morning in Manila and our flights are also booked.

I am assuming Rochelyn just takes the manager's cheque with her into VFS?

She is so nervous about going into VFS even now

If she wants, can she speak in Tagalog when she submits her application? I know this is possible if she is asked to go for an interview at a later date....

I have told her that everything will be OK because she will be taking all the correct documents for submission, but she is not used to city life at all and is becoming more and more nervous about this
    I am realising that she is very fragile and put it down to being from the province and not used to these trials and tribulations

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    Hello everyone

We have the Manager's cheque (from Metrobank) for the correct amount and made payable to "British Embassy Manila".

I booked an online appointment for Rochelyn for Wednesday morning in Manila and our flights are also booked.

If she wants, can she speak in Tagalog when she submits her application? I know this is possible if she is asked to go for an interview at a later date....

I have told her that everything will be OK because she will be taking all the correct documents for submission, but she is not used to city life at all and is becoming more and more nervous about this
    I am realising that she is very fragile and put it down to being from the province and not used to these trials and tribulations
    Ady,tell your wife not to worry, VFS staff are not strict..She can speak tagalog if she wants to...The guard in the VFS will guide her what to do when she's inside...Theres a lady guard there who is from iloilo she can ask her too..where in cebu is your wife? i'm from cebu too, in the southern part...
    "With God nothing is impossible."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicity View Post
    Ady,tell your wife not to worry, VFS staff are not strict..She can speak tagalog if she wants to...The guard in the VFS will guide her what to do when she's inside...Theres a lady guard there who is from iloilo she can ask her too..where in cebu is your wife? i'm from cebu too, in the southern part...
    Hi simplicity, this is Mike......
    My wife is from Carnaza Island which is off the north tip of Cebu Island - a two to three hours pumpboat ride away.
    Thanks, I will tell her they are not strict in VFS.
    It will help her

Respected Member
    Haha... I am Ady.

ApoShark, I believe there is no issue if you want to speak Tagalog. From what I have heard, however, the Tagalog queues are slightly longer - but that is only an issue if you "drop-in". With a fixed appointment you shouldn't have any problems.

My gf said they were very helpful at VFS. Our only issue was that we were told, by e-mail from VFS, that we didn't need a Sponsorship Undertaking form. Later, we were told that we needed one - when Shei was there already. So they sent her away. Fortunately (2am my time) I was able to rearrange the appointment for the following day.

So, my advice to you is to maybe book 1 extra day in Manila (2 days) just in case they send you away to get more paperwork. Unlikely, but you never know.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    Hello everyone

Hello Aposhark,

It's normal to be nervous because I was the same when I went there but tell your wife that there's nothing to worry. The guard at VFS will check her appointment letter first before she can come in to their office. Oh by the way, tell her that most of the guards there can speak Cebuano, I had friends there from Butuan and Ilo-ilo who are very nice to me and about the staffs of VFS ,they speak tagalog so your wife can do the same. She need to bring her manager's check with her and make sure that the passport picture is correct. VFS staffs are friendly too and they aren't strict so there's no problem. Goodluck to both of you.
    Life can be happier & less stressful if we remember one simple thought..We can't have all that we desire,but prayers will give us all that we deserve.God bless everyone!

btw the rate you may have to pay may go up or down have you got the latest price? for the visa.

you can pay the extra in cash if needed,so its handy just incase?

theres really no need to be nervous just try to reassure her!

Thread Information