Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

WHAT IF HUSBAND DIES unexpectedly?

A colleague of mine shared this story with me before, her friend married a british guy and settled with her husband in the UK but after a year of marriage, the husband died because of heart attack or some disease.... the wife went back to the Philippines after that...

My question is if ever this situation happens to any wife, ( not hoping it to happen to me or to anybody) Can the wife continue living in the UK if she wants to and obtain a british citizenship eventually?

Banned
    i remember this has the same thread,but as i know Joes answer on this is ...NO
    she need to go back to PI and cant apply for brit citizenship

So Guys out there,take care of your beloved husband (kidding)

Respected Member
    I haven't heard of anybody who has (and I hope I never do either) but checking the BIA website shows you can apply for ILR as a bereaved partner. Looking through the application form it seems like the BIA does show some compassion by making it easier to apply by not requiring proof of finances or accomodation.

And once you get ILR there is no reason why you can't get British citizenship though it might take longer than if your partner was still alive

Anothe woman planning on poisoning their husband!

I quite actually enjoy my mash & bleach
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Another woman planning on poisoning their husband!
    Probably that person wants to kick his husband out Maybe the husband is so old hmmmmmm

Never heard about this situation. Don't kill the husband have mercy on him... just divorce him

Banned
    Anothe woman planning on poisoning their husband!

Quote Originally Posted by amyburple View Post
    Probably that person wants to kick his husband out Maybe the husband is so old hmmmmmm

Never heard about this situation. Don't kill the husband have mercy on him... just divorce him

sorry on a laughing mode by now

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post

sorry on a laughing mode by now

Stop LAUGHING there... you will FART and not only fart... STINKY FART hahahahahha

Thanks for the replies Darren B and Mrs. Major... OH MY!!! Sir Keith thinks I'm planning to kill my husband funny!!! I just raised the question coz I'm curious about it not that I'm planning to kill anybody specially my LOVING HUSBAND...LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MRS. O'farrell View Post
    Thanks for the replies Darren B and Mrs. Major... OH MY!!! Sir Keith thinks I'm planning to kill my husband funny!!! I just raised the question coz I'm curious about it not that I'm planning to kill anybody specially my LOVING HUSBAND...LOL!!!
    they all say that in court

just make sure hes got life insurance and you plan ahead.

If i was Mr O' Farrell i would be sleeping with a phone under my pillow with 999 on speed dial

Quote Originally Posted by Eljohno View Post
    If i was Mr O' Farrell i would be sleeping with a phone under my pillow with 999 on speed dial
    this made me laugh!!! oh my what will my husband think once he reads this??? I should have never posted this question and just kept it to myself ...

this made me laugh!!! oh my what will my husband think once he reads this??? I should have never posted this question and just kept it to myself ...

I am glad you have a good sense of humour and i am sure your husband is very understanding and blessed to have a nice wife!!

watch out guys

287b from http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk

(b) The requirements for indefinite leave to remain for the bereaved spouse or civil partner of a person who was present and settled in the United Kingdom are that:

(i)(a)the applicant was admitted to the United Kingdom for a period not exceeding 27 months or given an extension of stay for a period of 2 years as the spouse or civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom in accordance with paragraphs 281 to 286 of these Rules; or;

(b) the applicant was admitted to the United Kingdom for a period not exceeding 27 months or given an extension of stay for a period of 2 years as the unmarried or same-sex partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom in accordance with paragraphs 295AA to 295F of these Rules and during that period married or formed a civil partnership with the person whom he or she was admitted or granted an extension of stay to join; and

(ii) the person whom the applicant was admitted or granted an extension of stay to join died during that period; and

(iii) the applicant was still the spouse or civil partner of the person he or she was admitted or granted an extension of stay to join at the time of the death; and

(iv) each of the parties intended to live permanently with the other as his or her spouse or civil partner and the marriage or civil partnership was subsisting at the time of the death.

BEREAVED SPOUSES
    section 5

As well as visas citzenship and what have you.

It may also be worthwhile to think about Life Insurance.
    Particularly if bad fortune occured within a short time of arriving in the UK.

Some policys may not pay out to non UK residents (The defintion of which can vary)
    Also although most do make sure you have a bank account and proof of address and ID.
    Do you have Bills in your name and in your joint names?

Otherwise any paperwork maybe much harder to navigate though.

Do you know where all the household paperwork is and does you both have Wills?

If your Loved one passed away it is a tough time but it is really worth spending a few hours making sure everything is ok. Which hopefully means as your prepared your not have to worry about it in the near future.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

yes you can apply, as long as your married, you shouldn't have a problem getting ILR,but if your on a fiancée visa you will have to go back to the phils

me and my Bf just a new lover about a month i think lol i'll ask him if he got life insurance and other private pension plans...so i can rush him to marry me as i am a good caregiver, free of charge and can look after him 24/7 as long as the will is in my name

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    yes you can apply, as long as your married, you shouldn't have a problem getting ILR
    Just a quick straightforward question Joe,let say shes on a spouse visa,but the husband died while shes just 10 months only in the UK,can she apply all by herself an ILR

Quote Originally Posted by cheesewiz View Post
    me and my Bf just a new lover about a month i think lol i'll ask him if he got life insurance and other private pension plans...so i can rush him to marry me as i am a good caregiver, free of charge and can look after him 24/7 as long as the will is in my name
    , glad to hear you found a b/f now my friend

Just a quick straightforward question Joe,let say shes on a spouse visa,but the husband died while shes just 10 months only in the UK,can she apply all by herself an ILR
    I'm not Joe, MrsJM, but ... I think she can as a bereaved spouse. 5olisnake posted a site earlier about bereaved spouse.
    Faith makes all things possible.
    makes them easy.

It's ok to ask mrs. o'farrel I know it's just part of you curiosity and besides it's informative we never know life what gonna happens next

Quote Originally Posted by 5olidsnake View Post
    You can share this link to your friend sis
    5olidsnake made the right link intended for your friend's concern it's on page 13
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Banned
    Yes you should It also happened to me and some members. Yakkks sila noh

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

Hmmmm! This has got me thinking.

If I die in the Phils. will I still have to renew my visa?

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Hmmmm! This has got me thinking.

If I die in the Phils. will I still have to renew my visa?

Al.
    Hahahahhaha... Tha's funny LOL

So have you killed him yet? Haven't been to a good funeral party for a few months now!
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

lol

So have you killed him yet? Haven't been to a good funeral party for a few months now!

This is crazy! How can a serious question be turned into laughters? And the one who asked is a suspect of ...planning to kill/poison her husband. Curiosity kills a cat Nice one, everyone! That's a good laugh Hello, MRS. O'farrell.
    A winning horse doesn't know why it runs in a race.
    It runs because of the hits of pain.
    Life is a race. God is your rider.
    So if you're in pain,
    then think God wants you to win

Just a quick straightforward question Joe,let say shes on a spouse visa,but the husband died while shes just 10 months only in the UK,can she apply all by herself
    yes i don't see why not

Banned
    YES! the spouse can apply ILR. Try to read the website 287b from http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk

A colleague of mine shared this story with me before, her friend married a british guy and settled with her husband in the UK but after a year of marriage, the husband died because of heart attack or some disease.... the wife went back to the Philippines after that...

My question is if ever this situation happens to any wife, ( not hoping it to happen to me or to anybody) Can the wife continue living in the UK if she wants to and obtain a british citizenship eventually?

Solution is to get a younger man that hasn't past his sell buy date! () No but really the British goverment seems to be clamping down on their immigration laws!

Thread Information