Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Anybody here applied for spouse visa and got refused?

Howdy all,

December 2006 I applied for 6 months visit visa to UK and I was refused (Hubby was my sponsor).Nov 2008 I applied settlement visa as a wife to UK and still waiting for the result.I just can't stop thinking about my visa application now. I tried my best to enjoy myself with the family and not to feel worried about it but then it's not that easy.To be honest it's too hard for me to sit and wait here most specially pretty soon the result will be ready.

So if there's anyone here who are refused visa please let me know.!.

I know I need to be confident and be positive but with my refusal history it made me scared.

Thanks .
    Life can be happier & less stressful if we remember one simple thought..We can't have all that we desire,but prayers will give us all that we deserve.God bless everyone!

Hi Praise, I know is difficult not to worry and be nervous. As you know I am in similar situation, been waking early recently hoping there is a message from my wife to say it’s approved.

I don’t think the visit visa refusal should have any bearing on the spouse visa application, as long as you stated on the application of any previous applications.

From reading previous posts, the usual waiting time is 10 to 12 weeks and there has also been shutdown for Christmas.

In the case of adam&chryss they stated in their post that is was issued early due to her pregnancy. As for bornatbirth, I guess he was just lucky.

Good luck and remember all here in this forum wish you all the best.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    Hi Praise, I know is difficult not to worry and be nervous. As you know I am in similar situation, been waking early recently hoping there is a message from my wife to say it’s approved.

I don’t think the visit visa refusal should have any bearing on the spouse visa application, as long as you stated on the application of any previous applications.

From reading previous posts, the usual waiting time is 10 to 12 weeks and there has also been shutdown for Christmas.

In the case of adam&chryss they stated in their post that is was issued early due to her pregnancy. As for bornatbirth, I guess he was just lucky.

Good luck and remember all here in this forum wish you all the best.
    Good morning Mark,

Thanks for your post.

I think your wife and I are same always in the computer checking emails and passport status daily to see if there's latest news.It's very stressful for us at the moment but we can cope up with it in the end. I hope no more pressure soon and we will all be happy with our positive result .I've been thinking lately and I remembered my refusal history , it made me worried cos maybe that's the reason why they will need to interview me or like to refuse me.My mind is full thinking of negative and positive signs and I'm not sure what to expect in the end. I want to build my hope that I will be approved of visa soon but then I'm scared to get hurt again like last time.

When I applied as spouse, I was truthful with my answer and hope they will realize it.Will keep our fingers crossed and will see what will happen next..

Goodluck to you and your wife

And to everyone in the forum who will wish us goodluck...From the bottom of my heart I would say THANK YOU!...

May God bless us all. Take care!
    Life can be happier & less stressful if we remember one simple thought..We can't have all that we desire,but prayers will give us all that we deserve.God bless everyone!

Banned
    Never heard anyone here applied for spouse visa and get denied,so don't worry your pretty head, if the 12 weeks come and your visa haven't come yet,then that is the time you start to worry,its just 8 weeks for you

AS always shayla,
    Good luck to you dear

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    Never heard anyone here applied for spouse visa and get denied,so don't worry your pretty head, if the 12 weeks come and your visa haven't come yet,then that is the time you start to worry,its just 8 weeks for you

AS always shayla,
    Good luck to you dear
    Hi Ma'am Jul,your reply is very much appreciated. Thanks a lot .

It will be good if the result is positive soon as we applied for spouse visa!..Let's wait and see in few weeks..All the best for all of us waiting applicants..

Well I think I need to wait for another 4 weeks to complete the 12 weeks .I'll keep counting till that day will come.... too far to think about and it's tiring but it will come in time for sure.If ever I'm fortunate enough to have it earlier then the better.. This time is exciting yet frightening..

Again many thanks to you Ma'am..take care!.xxxx

Thread Information