Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Id card

Id card

Just wondering if an ID card is needed when you apply for a British citizenship? or needed if u have an ilr or apply an ilr ? Is that make sense

Thanks

Respected Member
    You don't need an ID card as such. You have to have ILR before you can apply for British Citizenship. If you apply for British Citizenship by post you have to send the passport you used to enter the UK with your application. If you use the Nationality Checking Service they will take a copy of your passport and then return your passport to you straightaway.

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    You don't need an ID card as such. You have to have ILR before you can apply for British Citizenship. If you apply for British Citizenship by post you have to send the passport you used to enter the UK with your application. If you use the Nationality Checking Service they will take a copy of your passport and then return your passport to you straightaway.
    Thanks for that darren

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    Just wondering if an ID card is needed when you apply for a British citizenship? or needed if u have an ilr or apply an ilr ? Is that make sense

Thanks

hello sis,

i dont think we need an id card?

but i have a friend who applied for flr visa, and the HO sent them a letter, telling to get a biometric data? I think it is what to do in id card?

By the way im going to apply my ILR this month, and im wondering if i can submit a photocopy of my husband passport all stamped pages or do we need to submit the original one?

Take care
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Quote Originally Posted by tiN View Post
    hello sis,

but i have a friend who applied for flr visa, and the HO sent them a letter, telling to get a biometric data? I think it is what to do in id card?

By the way im going to apply my ILR this month, and im wondering if i can submit a photocopy of my husband passport all stamped pages or do we need to submit the original one?

Take care
    Aye sis
    Same as my friend who applied for her flr so just wondering

I will enclose the original sis. I will include my own recorded envelope so i can trace it back

Goodluck to you

hello sis,

Take care

hello tin,

its the best way to send your hubbys passport. they don't like any photocopies for the impt docs. unless you will have it stamped to a solicitor thats its genuine. besides they will just return it back. how did u send before? its the same procedure. good luck

hello sis,

Take care

Hey tin ,

recently i received a letter from UK Border saying that i need to book an appointment for biometric too aside from that my full name shown incorrect in my 2nd letter with case reference number.When i fone them ( 1 hour to answer ) the lady said she can not book my appointment if my name is incorrect.Anyway i am really sure that i write my name correctly no erasure! to cut the conversation short ... the 2nd agent said he can not make it through phone so i write a letter to the UK Border Agency about their mistake.Now i'm waiting for their reply so i can book my appointment.

Terrible

"You don't have to be a certain age to fall in love;
    although you've maybe been told you're to young.
    For those who tell you that,
    that don't know what is.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by misscarie View Post
    Hey tin ,

recently i received a letter from UK Border saying that i need to book an appointment for biometric too aside from that my full name shown incorrect in my 2nd letter with case reference number.When i fone them ( 1 hour to answer ) the lady said she can not book my appointment if my name is incorrect.Anyway i am really sure that i write my name correctly no erasure! to cut the conversation short ... the 2nd agent said he can not make it through phone so i write a letter to the UK Border Agency about their mistake.Now i'm waiting for their reply so i can book my appointment.

Terrible
    Hope you will get a reply soon elena It just happened that you applied after nov 25, 2008 So lucky those who applied beforehand

I dont understand why they asked you to write about the mistakes since they have all your valid documents with them( ie, passport )

Nevermind, you will be alright soon

Thread Information