Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

just few questions before leaving..

hi everyone!

me and my son will be leaving soon..

just want to ask if my son needs medical too.. like xray or something? he's 4years and 7months old by the way.

and when we arrive in heathrow airport, what to do next? do i need to pay something? or go for medical there too? i'm pregnant and will have a medical certificate from my doctor regarding pregnancy...

chryss

TB testing, i think children under 11 are exempt but Pregnant women are not exempt. Those in possession of a valid certificate will not normally have to undergo testing for TB on arrival in the UK but could still be required to take a test if the Medical Inspector at Port raises any health concerns about them. The test involves an X-ray, and then follow-up tests if the X-ray indicates a possibility of tuberculosis.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    TB testing, i think children under 11 are exempt but Pregnant women are not exempt. Those in possession of a valid certificate will not normally have to undergo testing for TB on arrival in the UK but could still be required to take a test if the Medical Inspector at Port raises any health concerns about them. The test involves an X-ray, and then follow-up tests if the X-ray indicates a possibility of tuberculosis.
    thanks for that joebloggs!

but isn't it that Xrays are bad for pregnant women?

my misses thinks it should be ok if your more than 3 months Pregnant and abdominal shielding is used to protect the unborn child.

but maybe you can ask if you can go to a nhs clinic and have the xray at a later date when your bb is born

see the thread below, my stepson didn't get asked for a x ray at the airport, he got a letter weeks after coming to the uk asking him to attend a clinic for a x ray to be taken..

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....ighlight=x-ray

Respected Member
    my misses thinks it should be ok if your more than 3 months Pregnant and abdominal shielding is used to protect the unborn child.

but maybe you can ask if you can go to a nhs clinic and have the xray at a later date when your bb is born
    thanks again!

that seems fine with me
    i'm off to bed now! be back later

Respected Member

another question po...

is there anything i need to pay in HK airport and Heathrow airport when we arrive there?

i won't be bringing any money... so just want to make sure, just in case i need to pay something in those airports, i'll have some money in my pocket...

Quote Originally Posted by adam&chryss View Post
    is there anything i need to pay in HK airport and Heathrow airport when we arrive there?

i won't be bringing any money... so just want to make sure, just in case i need to pay something in those airports, i'll have some money in my pocket...
    I would suggest chryss always bring money when u travel
    Like in my case i ended up staying for a night in amsterdam due to flight delayed. Our food and hotel accomodation was paid by the airlines but when we check in in the hotel they asked for a deposit but u can claim it back once you leave

Though it will not happen to you hopefully but would be better to be prepared

GOODLUCK

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    I would suggest chryss always bring money when u travel
    Like in my case i ended up staying for a night in amsterdam due to flight delayed. Our food and hotel accomodation was paid by the airlines but when we check in in the hotel they asked for a deposit but u can claim it back once you leave

Though it will not happen to you hopefully but would be better to be prepared

GOODLUCK
    thank you so much ann07

but have you paid anything in the airports.. like travel tax or terminal fee?
    i know i will here in NAIA... just want to know if i will in HK and Heathrow

Respected Member
    As far as I am aware, there is no need to pay airport tax in the UK or Singapore, only when departing. No need to pay in HK/Singapore since you are in transit.

However, I would suggest to take money - you never know just what could happen. I would also take money for the purposes of satisfying immigration officers (not sure if this is necessary, but you never know). Just think how vulnerable you are with no money. What if your bf is delayed getting to the airport, or the flight is diverted to Gatwick/another city? What if the flight arrives late at HK and you miss the connection? Prepare for the worse, just in case. Have a good trip!

thank you so much ann07

but have you paid anything in the airports.. like travel tax or terminal fee?
    i know i will here in NAIA... just want to know if i will in HK and Heathrow
    My pleasure

Only in the NAIA as i remember I changed my peso to euro/us dollar when i travelled.

I used Klm at that time manila-amsterdam-newcastle never paid anything in the airport So not in HK and heathrow. I dont think you will pay anything apart from NAIA.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ady View Post
    As far as I am aware, there is no need to pay airport tax in the UK or Singapore, only when departing. No need to pay in HK/Singapore since you are in transit.

However, I would suggest to take money - you never know just what could happen. I would also take money for the purposes of satisfying immigration officers (not sure if this is necessary, but you never know). Just think how vulnerable you are with no money. What if your bf is delayed getting to the airport, or the flight is diverted to Gatwick/another city? What if the flight arrives late at HK and you miss the connection? Prepare for the worse, just in case. Have a good trip!
    thanks ady
    though i just hope nothing will happen to us like that... being pregnant and also with my 4 year old son

Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    My pleasure

Only in the NAIA as i remember I changed my peso to euro/us dollar when i travelled.

I used Klm at that time manila-amsterdam-newcastle never paid anything in the airport So not in HK and heathrow. I dont think you will pay anything apart from NAIA.
    oh sorry ann

we booked already on 30th of january... the last time i flew was 2003. so no idea bout airports nowadays

thanks ady
    though i just hope nothing will happen to us like that... being pregnant and also with my 4 year old son

oh sorry ann

we booked already on 30th of january... the last time i flew was 2003. so no idea bout airports nowadays

Its alright Chryss
    Goodluck

Respected Member
    thanks ady

oh sorry ann

I am sure nothing like that will happen. Just be prepared - and no, I wasn't in the boy scouts dib dib dib.

i think the only airport i've been to and have had to pay was Naia, sneeks thou, free to come in, but pay to get out , could be worse could charge you for landing and departing

ask your hubby to send you a bit of money and change it to usd, the way things are going with the £, the usd will be worth more when you get here

ONLI IN DA PILIPINS!!!

Travel Tax
    Terminal Fee
    Tax Fee
    Baggage Fee
    Fees and more fees hehehe

Respected Member
    i think the only airport i've been to and have had to pay was Naia, sneeks thou, free to come in, but pay to get out , could be worse could charge you for landing and departing

ask your hubby to send you a bit of money and change it to usd, the way things are going with the £, the usd will be worth more when you get here
    yes he will.. in my virgin money (it's like a prepaid credit card). so i can just withdraw anywhere in HK and Heathrow at any ATM's accepting mastercard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    ONLI IN DA PILIPINS!!!

Travel Tax
    Terminal Fee
    Tax Fee
    Baggage Fee
    Fees and more fees hehehe
    yeah, only in the philippines

thanks everyone for all ur help!
    flying in 9days.. i'm excited at the same time nervous too.

Good luck with your flight.

Your flying alone, have not flown for long time, pregnant and with 4 year old

I hope that soon our visa is approved, when it is I will be going to collect my wife. She has not flown long haul before and we will have our 6 month old son. personally i would not like her do do that alone.

Respected Member
    yes he will.. in my virgin money (it's like a prepaid credit card). so i can just withdraw anywhere in HK and Heathrow at any ATM's accepting mastercard.
    You probably wouldn't even need to withdraw as you should be able to use your card to pay at shops/restaurants.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    Good luck with your flight.

Your flying alone, have not flown for long time, pregnant and with 4 year old

I hope that soon our visa is approved, when it is I will be going to collect my wife. She has not flown long haul before and we will have our 6 month old son. personally i would not like her do do that alone.
    thanks rusty! u'll be with your family soon

my husband just flew back to England last 10th of january, 2009. we didn't expect that we will get our visa that soon. and even my husband wanted to pick us up here in the Philippines, i refused. the fact that the flight is expensive and we're going to start a new life. we'll just save the money for his flight to our expenses there in UK and for our coming baby. i'm just being practical, i'm sure i'll be alright flying alone pregnant and with my son.

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    You probably wouldn't even need to withdraw as you should be able to use your card to pay at shops/restaurants.
    thanks darren-b! that will be great then

Take Care & Have A Safe Trip!!!!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    Take Care & Have A Safe Trip!!!!
    i will
    thank you so much!

Thread Information