Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Information Swap and Personal Meetings

Just to inform all members both UK and Filipino, great news, Forum Moderator Pete and Maurizio one of our members, personally met today in London at Liverpool Street Station, over a few coffee's we were able to exchange information helpful to each other, and to complete the fiancee visa application form for Maurizio to bring his lovely Filipina lady to UK, the meeting lasted some 2 hours, and a great exchange of information took place, I think this is the first time this has happened between forum members, and hopefully is a new trend that will be set for the future.

Whilst writing, I have started the Mabuhay Group in London and hopefully Maurizio will be joining me in this, if anyone on the Forum lives in other areas of the United Kingdom and would like to start another group, please get in touch with me, so I can co-ordindate the details.

Best wishes to All.

Re: Information Swap and Personal Meetings

I am happy to report that on Thursday 28th October, I made the trip to the Philippine Embassy in the West end of London, the Embassy is at

9a Palace Green, London W8, details are on the topic regarding the Phlippine Embassy.

Lots of conversatioins were started with various Filipino visitors at the Embassy, and cards exchanged, this is a great way to meet other Filipinos resident in UK, as there seem to be lots of them around the Embassy during office hours, I saw at least 50 or so, hanging around, plus there were visitors from the USA who are Filipino, who had appointments with the Philippines Ambassador.

I also found outl, that a Visa is required for stays over 21 days in the Philippines, the cost of a visa is as follows

£22.00 for a single entry visa for 59 days

£43.00 for a multiple entry visa for 6 months

£65.00 for a multiple entry visa for 1 year.

The form is a basic standard form, and 2 passport size photos are required, also a copy of your latest bank statement showing adequate funds are available to you to support yourself in the Phlippiines on tourist status.

Sadly, there does not appear to be a postal service, and this makes the journey neccessary to the Embassy, having said that the Embassy building is quite nice, however access to Palace Green is restricted to motor vehicles, this is due to the fact that the Israeli Embassy is close by, and Armed Police are manning a checkpoint there.

There are 2 tube stations close by, Knightsbridge a 15 minute walk, and Kensington Church Street, about 10 minutes to walk, the Embassy is located near the Royal Garden hotel, and you can approach by private car, and take metered parking on some of the off roads, such as Kensington Palace Gate, parking is aout £3.00 per hour, in increments of 5 minutes for 20p.

It appears the visa takes 2 days to do, and your passport can be collected from the Embassy direct.

Thread Information