Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ahhh! just got it. working but discouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    All those who can help themselves, should!
    They do help themselves......to your taxes
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    They do help themselves......to your taxes
    Yes, sad but true.

You can get plenty of jobs down the Dock Road in Liverpool.......you'll have to pay her a fiver though!

Banned
    You can get plenty of jobs down the Dock Road in Liverpool.......you'll have to pay her a fiver though!
    I thought that in this kind of weather she would be grateful and do it for a warm thick shake.......

Saw some people who have been out of work for long periods by chance this afternoon working for a company I was Visting. They were working for free (just travel i belive) and could to a degree pick and choose their hours. Today they were coming in for the first time.

A real mixture of people and backgrounds, they all had IT qualfications but most had little work experience.Some were Keen and seemed to me to be what we expect people to be like when they get a chance to prove them selves, learn and gain experience.

But two of the group didn't seem to fit in.
    One seemed either very withdrawn and another behaving strangely and out of place for a office enviroment on the first time (ie giving people loads of amo to take the mickey). I only met them for a brief period of time.

I do think we either forget if its a long time ago or dont understand if its never happend to us. How taumatic being without a job is particularly if its for a long time with no sight of one even in the long term.

The one who was withdrawn and quiet and the other acting strangely should never have been pushed straight into the workplace as part of a group where all the volunteers had never met before it apeared.

I dont think they need shrinks and millions spent on helping them but possibly the people running the scheme should have noticed.

Just chucking a person who has no experience of the workplace, possibly stuck in doors on their own or only seeing their own familes etc. May find it

The point about all Phills being hard workers. From what i see both in the UK and in Phill when there is no need to work as money comes from other half or a remittance many Phills are as workshy as any other nationality.

If the UN brought in a universal Benefits system the same as the UK's i think you would find a similar ratio pretty much anywhere.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

I have absolutely no idea how a couple working from scratch on a minimum wage can live in the UK.
    Just to rent a flat you need at least 2 grand up front by the time you've paid the agent and the credit search fees..
    The rent for a 2 bed flat was 750 quid 2 years ago..There goes your first months wage and you haven't even switched the light on.
    (or gone shopping with what you haven't got left) (or paid your council tax)
    Bugger this topic..too damned depressing ..
    I think I`ll tough it out here for now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    I think I`ll tough it out here for now.
    And as soon as my lottery numbers come up, I will join you....

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    And as soon as my lottery numbers come up, I will join you....
    I'm selling a 'Majic Lottery Pin'* Only £99.99

*Guaranteed to pick 6 winning numbers within the next 15 Million years

Quote Originally Posted by cheesewiz View Post
    Im not after the benefits I'd rather work. When I settle down here and have my own kids that's the only time I can think of getting a benefits from the gov't though i still want to work if i can i can't live with handouts i think
    Same here even if im pregnant still working and after my ML My husband feels the same he'd rather work than to claim benefits After i give birth for our second baby i still want to go back to work but we cannot tell what will happen once the 2nd baby arrives I just hope I can cope

Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    Same here even if im pregnant still working and after my ML My husband feels the same he'd rather work than to claim benefits After i give birth for our second baby i still want to go back to work but we cannot tell what will happen once the 2nd baby arrives I just hope I can cope
    I would not recommend women with babies to work. Babies need you most for the first few years of their life. Also, childcare costs can be steep and for some it may not be worth working.

However, I do recommend studying part-time at home to improve skills etc until the child is older (> 4 years old).

Best Wishes

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by benb View Post
    I would not recommend women with babies to work. Babies need you most for the first few years of their life. Also, childcare costs can be steep and for some it may not be worth working.

However, I do recommend studying part-time at home to improve skills etc until the child is older (> 4 years old).

Best Wishes
    You're right, I have friends with babies, They want to work to have money of her own and send to their families but they cannot afford to hire nanny. They are claiming tax credit and child benefits but still not enough for all the expenses for their babies. I just help them babysitting when I'm free. I charged them free Waaaahhh

Why have a kid when both parents go to work? Get a dog instead, at least you can eat it if you get fed up of it....

Why have a kid when both parents go to work? Get a dog instead, at least you can eat it if you get fed up of it....
    Or get the dog to look after and eat the kid save you having to do anything.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    of course most people want to work than claim benefits, well if you both work, i'm sure your hubby will change his mind, and want to claim benefits like tax creds/child care because for 2 kids your looking at paying £300 a week for child care and depending on where you live even more than that..

but depending on your incomes, the gov will pay upto i thinks its 75% or 80% of it

as for getting a dog, we got our stepson to look after little joe from when he was 1month old til he was 18 months old while me and the misses worked :xxgrinning--00xx3 no problems with him, but not so sure about sending a baby to a nursery

We watched 'Pursuit of Happyness' again last night. Now, there was a guy who took himself to rock bottom in order to build a better life for himself and his son!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    We watched 'Pursuit of Happyness' again last night. Now, there was a guy who took himself to rock bottom in order to build a better life for himself and his son!
    yes i've seen the film, and i wouldn't call what he went thru was rock bottom, yes he was living in toilets for a day or 2 ?, but he had friends/family i find it hard to believe he couldn't find anyone who would put him and his kid up for a while.. it looked to me he knew what he wanted to do/become and he put his mind to it, and got there in the end. good for him , but it wasn't much of a story or film. no one died, no ones health was effected, he had no money for a while, many people are in the same boat now with more serious problems than he had.

unlike W. Mitchell. Even though he was not heavy enough, he wanted to be a gripman on cable cars. He got the job--and just worked harder (heavier). One day, riding his motorcycle in San Francisco, he was hit but a truck. The resulting fire disfigured his face and took his fingers. He started Vermont Castings during the fuel crunch of the early seventies. One day, flying some executive friends in his small plane, the engine quit on takeoff; the crash left Mitchell paralyzed. He went on to be a talk show host, the mayor of Crested Butte, Colorado, and he even ran for congress with the slogan 'Send me to congress, and I won’t be just another pretty face’. Today, he is a professional speaker who motivates audiences worldwide. now that's hitting rock bottom and getting up again and again

Quote Originally Posted by benb View Post

Best Wishes

You have your point there

I am an education graduate with masters degree in the PI. Since i was in the UNI i had always worked while studying lol! When i get here its not easy so what i did explore first and exp working here and see what i am capable of hehehehehehe. So I landed a job in a retail world lol.

Lucky here coz maternity leave is so long u can have it up to a year before returning to work so you have all the time with your baby for the first few months till he is ready to be left by his dad. In my case i took the 39 weeks with fee. I only work partime to be away sometimes in the house and so my husband can also have a special bonding moment with our wee boy. And good for me And nice to have you own money You can buy things on your own not just depending on my husbands wage.

Im so fortunate enough that my workpalce is only 5 mins away from the house so they can always visit me when they go for a walk Plus my boss lets me work if my husband is off so good Lucky me my husband is so supportive esp with the house chores

My husband prefers me to stay at home but i have to grab the chance while it is still there

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information