Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

My Letter of Sponsorship.

Hello

I have a here, a draft of my letter of sponsorship, and would appreciate ANY feedback / advice. Many thanks

(I have blanked out addreess and names in interests of Privcay and Security

39 XXXX XXXX
    XXXXXXXXX
    XXX
    XXX
    January 6th 2009 0044XXXXX295

Application for Fiancée Visa. Letter of Sponsorship

Dear Sir,

I am writing this letter as the sponsor and fiancé of Miss Jessica XXXXXX to support our application for a fiancée visa, and subsequent settlement in the UK.
    Miss XXXXX and I met on the well-known dating site “Match.com” in June 2005. We established a long distance relationship and planned our first meeting, which took place at her home in Manila from February 19th to 25th, 2006. During this time, I stayed at a local hotel, “XXXXXXXXXXXXXI”, and met most of Miss XXXXXX close family and relatives, including her parents and two sisters.
    A second and longer visit took place from the 15th to 30th July 2006, and this time her family allowed me to stay in the family home. I also had the opportunity to meet more family members, and Miss XXXXX closest friends. During this time, I experienced the Filipino lifestyle, helping with household chores, cooking for the family and attending Mass with them on Sunday as a mark of respect to their culture and way of life.
    It was at this time that Miss XXXX and I decided to pursue a long term serious relationship, and I asked her father for his acceptance, to which he agreed.

Evidence of my visits are enclosed in the form of photographs, a booking receipt for the Skyway Travellers’ Inn, and E-mail printouts of flight details. My Passport stamp also confirms my second visit to the Philippines, but the passport used during my first visit was accidentally damaged, and a new one was issued. Glasgow Passport office will confirm this information if required:

Glasgow passportXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, Glasgow XXXX

After returning home, Miss XXXXX and I continued our relationship and communicated on a daily basis using e-mails, MSN Messenger and the occasional phone call and text message. A third visit was discussed, but did not take place for a number of reasons which included work commitments, and personal family commitments (Ruby wedding of my Parents). We also decided that it would be more practical to save for a fiancée visa, to enable us to be together permanently, rather than for me visit the Philippines for a short time again.
    During our time apart, Miss XXXXX and I kept our relationship strong by chatting almost every day on MSN, and re-affirmed in our own hearts that we really loved and wanted to be together. We now believe that the time is right to make a permanent commitment, and plan to marry in July 30th, 2009 at XXXXXXXXXXXX at 2:00 pm. A booking receipt is enclosed to confirm this.

During our time apart, Miss XXXXXXX also received postcards, gifts and Christmas cards from my own family. Photos, archives, phone bills and examples of these communiqué are all enclosed with our application. Miss XXXXXX also formed friendships with Mr and Mrs Stuart and Eve XXXXX, who are personal friends of mine, and who have also agreed to be our witnesses when we marry. Miss XXXXX and Mrs XXXXX chat regularly on MSN, and Mrs XXXXXX has also kindly provided a letter of support for the application, which is enclosed.

Employment and Finances
    I now take pleasure in providing some important information about myself to further support the application.
    I was born in XXXXXXXX 1971, and was educated in my home town. In 1995 I graduated with an honours degree in XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, and I currently teach XXXXXXXXXXXXXXx at XXXXXX Scotland, a post I have held since August 1995. The address of the school is as follows :

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

My salary from this occupation is approximately £36,000 per annum (before tax) and being a private school, this is 10% higher than national pay scales. Full payslips are enclosed which confirm my employment status. Variations which appear in the September and December payslips are due to a Scottish Office Tax rebate, and claimed travel expenses respectively. My “take home” pay from my teaching occupation is therefore £2076 UK Pounds Sterling.
    I mentioned earlier about further work commitments, and will now explain these in more detail.
    At XXXXXXXX I run the Air Cadet Club, which is affiliated to the Royal Air Force. This commits me to a number of paid cadet camps and training courses which take place during vacation times. This commitment therefore provides me with a second income. On average, I earn an extra £1200 per annum with potential yearly earnings of about £2000 (max 28 days pay at £70 per day). I have enclosed Pay slips from the RAF to confirm this, and should you wish to make further enquires, then the details are as follows:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

It should be noted that the Air Cadets is a youth organisation, and although I am a commissioned officer, this is purely in the volunteer reserves, and I will never be enlisted into active Air-force Service.

A third source of income comes from part time employment as a leaflet distributor. On average, I earn an extra £100 per month, for eight hours distribution work paying me £65 or £85 once every three weeks. During vacation times, I have taken on larger jobs, the largest so far paying me £260. I have enclosed copies of various work contracts, and the address of the company to which I am subcontracted is as follows:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My total monthly income AFTER TAX is approximately £2200 Pounds Sterling. This is based on my teaching salary of £2076 Pounds Sterling, plus the average of my payments from the RAF, and the average monthly payments from TLD. Although my secondary payments are variable, they are a constant source of income, hence the reason for inclusion here.

My monthly outgoings are approximately £1700 Pounds sterling, and these include my mortgage, Car loan, petrol costs, secured loan, utilities, phone bills, taxes, and insurance costs for my home and vehicle. A percentage of my salary is paid into a pension scheme, and I also make additional voluntary contributions. These are deducted at source and can be seen on my payslips rather than bank statements. I have enclosed my most recent pension statement.
    £25 per month is paid into a savings account, but this is normally topped up with further payments. At the time of writing, there is over £300 in this account and this will increase monthly. My actual Savings book is included to confirm this.
    For your convenience, I have also enclosed a financial Audit which gives a breakdown of my income and expenditure. From this information, it can be seen that I have over £450 per month of “disposable income”. This will increase by £200 after February 2009, and in interests of honesty and Integrity, I will explain this situation to you as follows :

Payments to XXXXXXXXXXXX
    From my payslips, it can be seen that £200 per month is paid to the above company.
    Four years ago, I experienced some financial difficulty due to a number of circumstances, and the decision was made in 2006 to take out a Trust Deed (IVA). Over the past three years, I have paid £200 per month to my trustee (XXXXXXXXXX), and this trust deed will terminate in February 2009. I have enclosed a letter from the company to confirm this. Since this time, a combination of hard work, frugal spending and improved money management have meant that my finances are in a much more positive shape and indeed, it can be seen from my bank statements that I always have money at the end of every month and have never used any overdraft facilities. After this time, my disposable income will rise from £450 per month to £650 per month. We plan for XXXXXX to arrive in the UK during April, and by this time, my trust Deed will have come to and end and will therefore not affect my ability to support her. Although this information is sensitive and personal, I felt it correct to inform you.

To summarise my financial situation :

(1) Past problems led to a Trust Deed being taken out in 2006 but even with Trust Deed in place, disposable income is over £450 per month.
    (2) Trust deed will Terminate in February, after which Disposable Income will increase to around £650 p/m

Despite global credit problems and rising energy costs, my finances are stable, my job is secure, and any extra income is from legitimate employment and not from Public funds in any way.

Support of Miss XXXXXXXX
    Throughout my relationship with Miss XXXXXXX, I used Western Union to send her money when she required it. I sent money to her family last November to purchase a wedding cake for her Sister’s wedding. Transfers were made online using my Credit card (Mastercard). I have also sent a number of gifts to Miss XXXXXXX including a digital camera, clothes, CD, a watch and a new cell phone with a UK SIM card.

The visa, air fairs and future support of Miss XXXXXXX will be provided as follows:
    I will use my Mastercard to pay for the visa by sending the funds to Miss XXXXx by Western Union. At the time of writing, my Mastercard has been fully paid off.
    Between January and April, I will pay off the cost of the Visa, and send further funds to Miss XXXXXXXx to pay for her air-fair to the UK.
    In the month of January, I have two TLD Flier jobs paying a total of £300 which will also be transferred to my Mastercard. I have included contract sheets to confirm this work.
    Miss XXXXXXXX has plans to open an HSBC bank account that she can use in the UK, and I will deposit a sum of £100 per month. This account will also be credited with money that Miss XXXXXX has from her previous employment. I also have plans to start a ten year endowment policy to build up a lump sum over the next ten years. This can later be used to support any children we may have, or be invested in an ISA. Financial advice will be sought nearer the time.

My Property
    The house that Miss XXXXXXand I will reside in is a two bedroom terraced property in Dunfermline (address above). This was purchased, by myself, in XXXXXXXXx and I pay a monthly mortgage. The cost of the house when purchased was £76,000 Pounds Sterling and I have an outstanding mortgage of £64,500 Pounds Sterling. At the time of writing, the value of the property is approximately £109,000 pounds sterling. This information is based on the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    I have included a mortgage statement and title deeds which confirm my ownership of the property. Mortgage statements are issued annually, and at the time of writing, a paper statement for 2008 had not been received. Confirmation of my mortgage can be made by contacting:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Our Wedding
    As mentioned previously, we plan to marry on July 30th at 2:00 pm at XXXXXXXXXXXX We plan to have a small private ceremony with close friends and family. Miss XXXXXXX and I plan to purchase rings when she is in UK, as I did not wish to ship an expensive engagement ring overseas with the risk of loss, or expensive import taxes being imposed. I also understand that UK ring sizes and Filipino / US ring sizes are different, so it also makes sense for us to choose something special when we are both together.

I very much hope that this letter, and all the supporting paperwork is sufficient to allow XXXXXXXXX and I to fulfil our dreams, but if there is anything that is out of place, or requires clarification, then please do not hesitate to contact me.

On behalf of XXXXXXXXXXX and Myself, we thank you for your time.

Yours Faithfully,

Mr Simon XXXXXXXXXX
    January 2009

looks more than adequate.

Good luck with your application.
    JOHN and VANESSA

i can't understand why you write a letter saying that about your mortgage how much it was you pay, about the support of your fiancee and the summarise of your financial. to be honest this no good and non sense, because you gonna subbmit your documents are you? like your mortgage statements, your banks statement and the reciept from western union to prove that you sent a money to your fiancee. sorry to say that this is no good and this is my opinion...peace!
    all things are possible!

Banned
    Wow, that was perfecttttttttttttt,and don't worry much because its not only the letter of you ,will help to get the fiancee visa,a lot more as we said search it here all the info,also the financial status Belmon, its one of the most important there

Good luck

Perfect! If it's up to me, I'll approve the fiancée visa straight away!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by reginacarlson View Post
    Perfect! If it's up to me, I'll approve the fiancée visa straight away!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    i can't understand why you write a letter saying that about your mortgage how much it was you pay, about the support of your fiancee and the summarise of your financial. to be honest this no good and non sense, because you gonna subbmit your documents are you? like your mortgage statements, your banks statement and the reciept from western union to prove that you sent a money to your fiancee. sorry to say that this is no good and this is my opinion...peace!
    My Undestanding of the letter of sponsorship was that it was to provide further information to further explain the information in the documents. I appreciate your advice, but I am concerned by your use of words "non-sense" and "this is no good". How can financial information be nonsense and no good, when so many visas are rejected because of inusfficient information ?

What would you suggest I put, if all I have said is nonsense ?

Peace

sorry what i try to say is you submitt all of your documents to prove that you can look after to your fiancee and you don't need to say that to your sponsorship letter, thats my point of view fiancee visa application no need for sponsorship letter not like visit visa
    all things are possible!

Hi Belmontboy,
    The letter of Sponsorship is to provide information to the Home Office that you have the capacity to sponsor her without recourse to public funds. You may indicate information about how and when you two had meet (may not mention in details as this will be seen in the proof of your submitted documents), your job, how long you've been with the company, your salary, other earnings, your mortgages (if there is any), your properties but just mention them then the proofs like receipts, bank statements, payslips etc can be attached to the letter. You don't need to mention the tax deductions, the payments you have made, other earnings you're receiving because all of these has supporting documents.

Regarding provisional wedding date he didn't mention that in the letter he just said as soon as i arrive then blah blah.... wedding ring was not mentioned too because that is understandable. Everyone that sponsors someone for a fiance visa will undergo such.

I did submit the same but just one short size bond paper and all the necessary information about payslips, bank statements other earnings are just attached for reference.
    Goodluck and God Bless.
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

i just read the home office website about all supporting documents the applicant will be provide its say there that you can write a letter to explain why to dont have this documents or etc.instead of submitting a fasle documents.
    all things are possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Belmontboy View Post
    Our Wedding
    As mentioned previously, we plan to marry on July 30th at 2:00 pm at XXXXXXXXXXXX We plan to have a small private ceremony with close friends and family. Miss XXXXXXX and I plan to purchase rings when she is in UK, as I did not wish to ship an expensive engagement ring overseas with the risk of loss, or expensive import taxes being imposed. I also understand that UK ring sizes and Filipino / US ring sizes are different, so it also makes sense for us to choose something special when we are both together.
    Belmontboy,

Letter is fine. How about a line or two about future plans? e.g. what will your wife do after the wedding in the UK?

Best Wishes,

Respected Member
    Your letter seems ok to me too. My only comment is it might be a bit too long - mine was less than 1 page of A4... For example talking about opening bank accounts and future investments is not really relevant.

I can though understand why you want to show the ECO that you have carefully thought about your finances given the problems that you've had in the past.

hi Belmontboy,

your letter is really complete like an "autobiography" but if i am ECO i will be tired, bored and sleepy reading it. Just summarize it focus on relationship, how, where, when you meet, your plans and a simple details of your finances, job and salary. For me, what matters them most are the details on your bankstatement and payslip. Goodluck!
    ----------------------------------------------
    "FAILURE IS NOT DEFEAT UNLESS U STOP TRYING"

Respected Member
    This letter is very good I think. In my letter, I also included the financial information - particularly reiterating my wages, because my wages needed to be explained (back pay, bonuses, and two pay rises in 6 months - not normal haha). I also re-iterated my savings, just confirming in a letter all the documents that were sent. I am alarmed that some-one thinks this information is "non sense". It really isn't, in my opinion.

We are waiting for our application now, the cover letter took me 1 month to write and re-write, and supports 2 applications (my fiance and her daughter). My cover letter was 3 pages.

JTA, with respect, you are not an ECO. If an ECO is unable to read a three page letter without feeling tired, maybe they are in the wrong job!

All I would suggest is to mention why you decide to live in the UK, and not the Philippines. The answer is obvious, because you have a great career here in the UK. So just mention that too would be my advise.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ady View Post

JTA, with respect, you are not an ECO. If an ECO is unable to read a three page letter without feeling tired, maybe they are in the wrong job!
    a very good letter,

in defense of JTA, there is a saying Less is More - (dont volunteer information!)

an ECO would not be reading one letter a day thou, at the British embassy in Manila they process 40,000 visa applications a year, 40,000/say 260 working days in a year > 150 a day

also has your g/f a skill?, and does she plan to work after you are married, if so include a statement like "...Once her immigration status permits work, she will seek employment as a hairdresser (etc)..." and provide a summary of her experience and credentials.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

also has your g/f a skill?, and does she plan to work after you are married, if so include a statement like "...Once her immigration status permits work, she will seek employment as a hairdresser (etc)..." and provide a summary of her experience and credentials.
    Gd one Joebloggs....i'm adding that to our letter of sponsorhip. Salamat.

[QUOTE=Ady;107126]

Well it's true I am not an ECO and I'm not against Belmontboy's letter either, BUT BELMONTBOY IS LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK AND ADVISE ABOUT HIS LETTER.What I'm implying to say is he can make his letter concise ( focus on what ECO wants to prove that their relationship is genuine and he has capacity to finance, ) and can edit unnecessary details which can be supported with attachments..like his House, description will do, don't need to mention how and how much he bought it, the important he has Land Registry document on his name.Salary, no need to mention tax and other deductions it can be seen in payslips. Money sent to fiancee, no need to write the details how she spent, the important he mention sending and supported with western union or bank receipts, Other payments from salary can be seen through bankstatement transactions,His Birth of Origin and Nationality no need to mention as can be seen on his birthcertificate, etc...etc...
    ----------------------------------------------
    "FAILURE IS NOT DEFEAT UNLESS U STOP TRYING"

Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    Hes gonna submit them but best to go over all the infomation as time is money. If they get a good overall impression from a letter then it helps.

Dont make the ECO work put it on a plate for them same with a job interview.

You need them to read it and see all the plus points more than they want to

Joe and Ben have good points about work and what your mahal intends to do in the future.

I understood the cover letter to be something which answers all the possible questions the ECO could have about your application. So there is no
    need for an interview, all areas of doubt are covered.

So if you feel they may ask questions about money matters like you have cover in detail. It maybe three pages but rember you read that out aloud and
    it would not take long far less time than an interview i would have thought.

Many professionals will scan the page as they know what they are looking for.

If I was an Eco I would want letters covering all details so i dont need to call them in for interview which must take up far more time (preparing, carrying out and conculding) than reading a three page letter.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Banned
    I read your Shakespearian in depth tome, and must admit that it doesn't come much better than that.

It could be an improvement if I could have all the numbers that you have so cleverly disguised with all them little x's...

Thumbs up

Very Comprehensive!!!

Keep us posted!

Woah thats one mighty fine dissertation. Mine was about 300 words long about half a page on A4 (with double line spacing a trick I learned at uni to make it look more than it actually is), you need to mention about what your future plans are together, what type of job she might be getting or planning a family or maybe she wants to do a short course in something etc. But it has to be something positive.

The reason why mine was short, was because, I wanted it easier for the immigration officer looking at it to understand it. So my letter of support was pretty much bullet points but stuck it into a sentence.

Might I just add because you have copied and pasted your support letter that you wrote, you might want to change it abit, because I'm sure other people are wondering what to write too, and they might stumble across this website in doing so. Theres nothing stopping them from copying your support letter from here and using it in their application. What I'm trying to get at is if the immigration officer reads 2 identical letters of support his alarm bells will start to go off.

Hi
    May i say that your sponsor letter is too long
    Keep to the point of how you met and how you have maintained your relationship.
    Its nice you mention meeting the family etc and how your in a well payed job.
    Keep it simple but stick rigidly to the box ticking excercise of documentation etc.
    If there anomolies in any of your paper work then its a chance you may be refused or your fiance may be asked to clarify points in an interview.
    My fiance gained her visa last month in only 6 weeks and she did not attend an interview as the paper work was perfect. I kept my sponsor letter simple and to the point.
    Remember how much the ECO has to read!!! straight forward and detailed is the key
    Good luck
    Pugilist

hello guys,

I just want to ask an advice, I have my sister who met a guy from england, her bf wants her to visit him in england and he will shoulder all the expenses since my sister has no work and no business but my problem is my sister still married with a filipino guy, is it possible that the visitors visa can be grant to her?

She has no work and no business? What can she show to make the ECO believe that she will return to Phils before the visa expires?

Does she have a history of previous travel outside of Philippines?

Sad to say but, if she has none of these, the chances of her application being granted are close to zero.

As a visitor, her marital state is not the main issue.

When you say 'met' - do you mean that they've met in person?

Quote Originally Posted by flicka View Post
    hello guys,

I just want to ask an advice, I have my sister who met a guy from england, her bf wants her to visit him in england and he will shoulder all the expenses since my sister has no work and no business but my problem is my sister still married with a filipino guy, is it possible that the visitors visa can be grant to her?
    I think your sis bf needs that belmontboy letter as he needs loads of explanation why the ECO will grant her a visit visa

Quote Originally Posted by flicka View Post
    hello guys,

A visit visa is most likely to be denied. The ECO needs strong evidence that she is going to return home after the trip. It seems unfair for genuine cases. Anyway, your sister should sort out her divorce first.

I suggest the guy to visit her again and family, and take a step further from there (i.e. fiancee or spouse visa).

Best Wishes

I think it's a great letter albeit that it could perhaps be a tad more concise in parts. I also think that your future intentions should be include.
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Thread Information