Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

10 day waiting time - local cni ?

Could I please elicit some advice regarding the 10 day wait after supplying a local cni. From various posts in the Forum I assume it is just 10 straight days wait from the time the local cni is supplied to the town hall where the marriage is being arranged. My fiancee was told in her home town it is 10 working days, ie excluding weekends.

Could someone please clarify this before she queries this with them again, so she can go armed with the correct information. Obviously the extra days wait would make quite a difference given the time restraints when I fly over there.

Many thanks

Paul

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by paulgee View Post
    Could I please elicit some advice regarding the 10 day wait after supplying a local cni. From various posts in the Forum I assume it is just 10 straight days wait from the time the local cni is supplied to the town hall where the marriage is being arranged. My fiancee was told in her home town it is 10 working days, ie excluding weekends.

Could someone please clarify this before she queries this with them again, so she can go armed with the correct information. Obviously the extra days wait would make quite a difference given the time restraints when I fly over there.

Many thanks

Paul

As far as I am aware, but I could be wrong, you can have your CNI back, validated at the British Consulate on the same day, if you get an appointment before hand.

The ten working days applies to Posting the bans before marriage.

Good luck

thats right 10 working days and dont for get your family planning cercifecate with out that thay not marry you

Banned
    I guess you are saying is about the marriage license,that u need to wait for 10 days,before u get married,how ever it is depend on our local civil reg. cause if you're fiancee have connection from any staff at her LCR,you can get married after completing requirements,and then they will issue the license after 10 days ( that was in Rizal,Angono)

About CNI you are mentioning you can have it back at the same day from British embassy

Quote Originally Posted by paulgee View Post

Many thanks

Paul
    Given your predicament you may want to consider applying for your marriage licence somewhere other than the local town hall where the marriage is to take place if 10 working days is their requirement. When I was going through all of this palava I found out that once you have a marriage licence, from any province in the Philippines, it can be used to marry in any city or province in the Philippines that you choose.

My wife and I submitted my CNI, birth certificate, divorce decree and my wife's various papers in Bukidnon and waited 10 straight days for the marriage licence to be issued as we did initially intend to marry there, but we eventually married elsewhere, outside that province, without any problems with regard to where the marriage licence was issued.
    Iain.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Given your predicament you may want to consider applying for your marriage licence somewhere other than the local town hall where the marriage is to take place if 10 working days is their requirement. When I was going through all of this palava I found out that once you have a marriage licence, from any province in the Philippines, it can be used to marry in any city or province in the Philippines that you choose.

My wife and I submitted my CNI, birth certificate, divorce decree and my wife's various papers in Bukidnon and waited 10 straight days for the marriage licence to be issued as we did initially intend to marry there, but we eventually married elsewhere, outside that province, without any problems with regard to where the marriage licence was issued.
    Iain.
    we also waited 10 straight days for our marriage licence including weekends... we applied 7th july and had seminar at the same day.. got the licence 17th of july.. then married 19th of july.
    it happens that my brother knew the head of registrar where we got our licence... and explained it to us everything we need and we didn't pay a single peso (think my brother did pay, it's like a token for our wedding).. but we did the whole processed in obtaining it.
    it will be better if u knew someone in the registrar's office so it won't be hard for u in applying ur marriage licence.
    as everyone knows here, sometimes they will tell u this and that specially government employees... (well, u knew already what i mean )

Thanks for the advice everyone, armed with this knowledge we shall see what can be arranged.

Cheers Paul

Local CNI if i remember it right, we got it on the same day but then again maybe the rules are different now its been ??? years now.

Thread Information