Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

to apply spouse visa

hello to all

just to know what is the main papaer work that we need in appying spouse visa
    yes i found the list here some, aside from MC Marriage Certificate), both birth certificate, latest 6 months payslip..chats, email pictures ..what esle we do ned to apply spouse visa, do we need all original of husband birth certificate? passport or just xerox?
    we got kids if we decide to apply for there passport is it possible also though we may done to take them later ...or just want to clarify do our kids qualify to apply british passport? my husband is english and after our wedding here on philippines they are born (2007, 2008 born and 2004)..and what we need in applying passport for kids...hope any diea are welcome thank you
    and also my paspsort have just expire would i need to amend it when i renew it..or same as what i use my single name?

hi ross,

documents from U.K. need not to be original, it can be photocopy or emailed to u. about your passport change it to your married name while u are in Philippines thats less hassle and cheaper. I presumed that all kids are of your husband, i read thread here that u can apply british passport right away...

Banned
    Yeah,if the father of your 3 kids is your British husband now,you can apply your kids a British passport at the british embassy,on that case you dont need to pay for their shocking less than 50 thousand pesos visa fee like us,and yes renew your passport now using your married name

Banned
    yes of course all kids are from my husband

oh wow good to know i wont be paying for there passport..whats that less 50 thousand..

do i can directly apply for my kids paasport without hassle what do i need in applying..should i bring them am from mindanao and bit far from Luzon..so need to know the details in applying there passport please anyone who done this i need help to sort things
    thank you

Banned
    What i mean about the 50,000 pesos is about the visa fee,(settlement)because if they had British passport of course you don't need to pay for their visa fee w/c cost less than 50k i guess you need to bring them at the British Embassy located in Taguig, and along w/ their original birth certificate and your marriage contract ,all the documents must be original

Now i wonder if they also need Philippine passport,just keep in touch here and when you wake up,expect loads of reply from your thread,i bet all your queries will be answered

Good luck Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    What i mean about the 50,000 pesos is about the visa fee
    thats 50,000php for each child

so get them registered at the british embassy and apply for a passport for each of them, i don't know the cost but i would have thought it should be similar to the cost of applying for a childs passport in the uk, about 3,500 php each.

also it saves a lot of hassle if you get them passports now and while your there. so give the embassy a call find out what you need to take with you, as mrs.jmajor has already said, i think you will need their birth certs, your husbands passport, marriage cert, and maybe yours and your hubby birth certs.

Respected Member
    Hope it all goes well !

Banned
    oh..3,500 each blimey tought same with the cost of philippines passprt 500/each

thnks mrs mjor..joeblogg is it ok if only birth cert and our marriage contract..to bring..with no passport from my husband?

You will need more documents, see this link from the UK embassy website http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk...orts/how-apply

FIRST TIME PASSPORT APPLICANTS
    Child – below 16 years old / Adult – 16 years and over

Please submit ORIGINAL documents and PHOTOCOPY of each document

Passport interviews are a new part of the application process to protect an individual’s identity. They are required by all customers applying for a passport for the first time. Interview will take place at the time of receipt of the application or at a later date. Parents will be called in for an interview for first time applicants aged below 16 years old.

1) Completed C1 Form (for applicants 16 years & over) or C2 Form (for applicants below 16 years old); signed on every page
    2) 2 Photos (see photo guidelines and notes on the Passport application form)
    3) Child’s birth certificate, if born in the Philippines, child’s Philippine Birth Certificate on National Statistics Office Security Paper (NSO)
    4) Philippine passport of child (if applicable)
    5) Birth certificates of all other brothers and sisters
    6) Parents’ birth certificate
    British Citizen parent, submit UK Long birth certificate (If you do not have this, you may get a certified copy from the GRO. Please visit: www.gro.gov.uk for more details)
    Philippine born parent, submit NSO birth certificate
    7) If parents were naturalised/registered British citizens, parents must submit their Certificate of Naturalisation and their passports at the time of the birth
    8) Marriage certificate, if marriage took place in the Philippines, submit NSO marriage certificate
    9) Divorce decree absolute/Death certificate of spouse (if applicable)
    10) Original passport/s of parent/s (present and previous passports)
    11) If parents are not married, mother’s written consent to the issuance of a passport to her child
    12) Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) for Philippine citizen mother, if not married to the father of the applicant
    13) Hospital records of birth, i.e. pre-natal check-up, ultrasounds, hospital bills

I applied in December for our son and the cost for passport was 5,928 at the current embassy rate of £1 = 78 peso

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    oh..3,500 each blimey tought same with the cost of philippines passprt 500/each

thnks mrs mjor..joeblogg is it ok if only birth cert and our marriage contract..to bring..with no passport from my husband?
    so as rusty's post u need your hub passport refer #7 but obviously i just said the rest of them

Good luck ross,you can make it,no worries if you don't have place to stay while sorting all doc here in manila,i can refer u one,

Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    I applied in December for our son and the cost for passport was 5,928 at the current embassy rate of £1 = 78 peso
    6,000php + , why so much !

at least it's a lot cheaper than 50k!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    6,000php + , why so much !

at least it's a lot cheaper than 50k!
    very true Joe,

what they want? no British passport then pay settlement fee more than 40k or applied for their British passport for only 6000

hello to all

just to know what is the main papaer work that we need in appying spouse visa
    yes i found the list here some, aside from MC Marriage Certificate), both birth certificate, latest 6 months payslip..chats, email pictures ..what esle we do ned to apply spouse visa, do we need all original of husband birth certificate? passport or just xerox?
    we got kids if we decide to apply for there passport is it possible also though we may done to take them later ...or just want to clarify do our kids qualify to apply british passport? my husband is english and after our wedding here on philippines they are born (2007, 2008 born and 2004)..and what we need in applying passport for kids...hope any diea are welcome thank you
    and also my paspsort have just expire would i need to amend it when i renew it..or same as what i use my single name?
    Hi Ross i think the best advice i can give you since your passport expired already maybe its best if you have it ammended you just need to attend the cfo seminar first so you can ammend it they require it if your married to a foreign national..

Id like to share also my experience on my daughters registration cause she got her british passport and birth certificate at the same time just last year when me and my husband applied for it.

Firstly we went to the embassy to get an application form for our childs registration then they will give you a list of requirements that you will be needing to submit and at the same time the fee you need to pay.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by miayela View Post
    same time the fee you need to pay.
    how much did you pay for your daughter's British passport Mia ?

how much did you pay for your daughter's British passport Mia ?
    Hello Juliet we paid 14,345 Php for my daughters registration thats including the birth certificate and for the passport that was around 7,000 Php this was last year though i dont know how much is the fee right now as it depends on the pound rate..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by miayela View Post
    Hello Juliet we paid 14,345 Php for my daughters registration thats including the birth certificate and for the passport that was around 7,000 Php this was last year though i dont know how much is the fee right now as it depends on the pound rate..
    no body thought of that 14,345 registration phew only they thought of passport w/c 6k

Thanks for that info mia

Respected Member
    Hello Ross,

I just want to share something in you,I got married last May 2008 to a British citizen and gave birth here in the Philippines last July 2008.I applied a British passport for my daughter last Nov 2008 at the consular office in Manila Mckinley hills taguig to where the Embassy is located, it only took me 10 working days from the day I applied then I got it then. At the moment I am waiting for my spouse visa result. I never pay any visa fee for my daughter cos she has a British passport now but I paid 6.840 last Nov as the pound rate was higher and I think this year they will change it into 75 pesos per pound so it will be lesser then. Well If ever you need some help or some questions or any ideas, you can email me then at this address,praise_gray@yahoo.com cos I can help you whatever I can do. Hope your daughter's passport will be sorted soon as possible. Anyway where are you right now? Still in Philippines or in United Kingdom?

About your passport, if it's already expired, you can renew it and you can use your hubby's family name if you are legally married .All they will be going to ask you is the completed passport form and then your marriage contract from NSO together with your latest picture with a royal blue background..

Also about the spouse visa requirements, it's easy, just provide whatever you can which will help you with your visa application. If your husband was divorced, they will need his original divorced paper, his original birth certificate His xerox current passport with stamps. Your marriage contract from NSO.Chat conversations,and etc. Your kids birth certificate from NSO. Your original birth certificate , payslips of your husband, bank statements for at least 6 months, pics together and the family, visa fee of course but to remind you effective Jan 5th 2009 the visa fee gone down to 75 pesos so multiply it to 515 pounds then but they wont accept cash, u will need to purchase a managers check payable to the british embassy manila. Then accomodation. Take pictures of the interior and exterior of the house. And so on. Just email me then if you like. Thanks and good luck on your application. God bless us all.

Banned
    thank for all the reply..

rusty..what if my husband was not here his in uk right now working can i apply myself for our kids do i need to ask him to send his Original paasport as well?
    miayela how come you pay rough 14,345? i tough about 6000 only? what u mean registration? is there a separate payment of getting kids paasport i have already my kids birth certifacicate from NSO..what else do i need
    again what is that registration of 14,345?? i dont get it lol

Banned
    mrs mjor yes can you refer which place is that if ok i would love to know and sort dox for kids ..i greatly appreaciate your help i need a cheap place to stay more power and looking of ur reply

Banned
    As Miayela said ,you need to register your kids at the British embassy, that 14,345 including passport already,now u have the NSO birth certificate,then complete all the Doc of what rusty put in list,,and for sure collecting all the documents,will take u long time,how can i contact you then ? to refer that place ,while sorting your doc.

you can apply your kids passport all by yourself even your hubby wasn't here, just make sure all information like his passport,birth certificate,your marriage cert etc....etc...

oppsss need to edit this thread of mine as i saw mia's post that passport is separate fee,then a total of 20k then,pheww

thank for all the reply..

rusty..what if my husband was not here his in uk right now working can i apply myself for our kids do i need to ask him to send his Original paasport as well?
    miayela how come you pay rough 14,345? i tough about 6000 only? what u mean registration? is there a separate payment of getting kids paasport i have already my kids birth certifacicate from NSO..what else do i need
    again what is that registration of 14,345?? i dont get it lol
    Hi Ross the fee for your childs passport is separate from the registration fee of your child.. You have to register your children as british citizen first before getting there passport but you can apply for both at the same time, the 14k is the cost for just the registration fee and then the passport is 6k..

Actually i still have the reciept..

If you want to know the current price about the registration of your child you could email the consular section at the british embassy at CONS-Manila@fco.gov.uk..

And you can check at there website thru http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk...register-birth so you would know what would be the requirements and the fee for your childs registration and passport. I hope this helps..

Banned
    hello all

thanks for all the reply..
    shayla thnaks for inf too am still here in philippines will sorted so much things ..how much did you actually pay for your daughters british pasport? what documents you actually submitt? i know some req have already written here just want to know from you who actually done and get the passport alredy for your daughter..again pls let me know of equirement u submmit plus the total actaiul amouth you pay to the embassy..where you here in Philippines am fom Davao so am bit really far and wnt to sure things when i go there in Manila to apply..etc...
    mIAYELA THANKS FOR THE INF..
    MRS MJMJOR ill contact you again when i sort thinhsg here i hope you still here on foum..

Banned
    h
    MRS MJMJOR ill contact you again when i sort thinhsg here i hope you still here on forum..
    yap

Mia,hmm confusing Shayla said she dint pay the registration>>>>

yap

Mia,hmm confusing Shayla said she dint pay the registration>>>>

from http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk...register-birth

it states A Consular Birth Registration is not a legal requirement , but it is recommended.

recommended you do, but you don't have, so depending on how much money you have.. good point is you get a British style birth cert.

As Joe says, the benifit is that you gat a British style birth certificate.

When I applied on December 2, the rate was £1=78PHP
    passport was 5,928
    registration was 11,778 (2 fees 4,602 & 7,176)

All the requirements are as I listed previously, i would suggest you contact the embassy regarding what can be accepted as copies and what originals are needed.

There is an office in Cebu if thats easier thwn going to Manila.

Banned

There is an office in Cebu if thats easier than going to Manila.

Hey,take note of this ross,

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    from http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk...register-birth

it states A Consular Birth Registration is not a legal requirement , but it is recommended.

recommended you do, but you don't have, so depending on how much money you have.. good point is you get a British style birth cert.
    When we applied in November 2007 it was a requirement to register our daughter as a british citizen before being able to get a british passport, but as i said we were able to apply for both at the same time.

The best thing for you to do is to contact the british embassy and ask for the requirements to clear up all your queries..

Hey,take not of this ross
    why u say that Mrs.JMajor

Banned
    why u say that Mrs.JMajor
    because shes from Mindanao so i wonder if Cebu as u mention is more convenient for her to go, rather Manila,

Thats why I say IF its easier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information