Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Smile Question Please.

Nisa has sent Juniors birth certificate to me in the UK. it should be here in about a week. When it comes and I sign it..can I make a copy of it and register my son in the UK also? so he is registered in both countries? he was born in Manila, now living in Limasawa, but I'm here in the UK now until October..I would like for him to be able to get dual nationality (Passports..when he is older)...but I'm not sure how it works to get it...any help would be most gratefully recieved...many thanks.

have you not registered him with the British embassy in Manila ? get him a British passport there, so you don't have to pay £500 for a settlement visa for him if you bring your family to the uk

also, if i remember this correctly, your son is British by descent (thru you), so any children he has must be born in the uk to be British, and children he has in the phils or outside the uk will not be British., not unless they can go thru the visa process and be registered as British after many years living in the uk..

Jackmac i have to agree go and get him registered.I did the same with my son in Jamaica whole thing took 4 weeks before he got it and there was no problems at all getting him into the UK.

Thank you both very much..I have told Nisa to go and register him in Manila at the British Embassy...(I'm stuck here in the UK. for the next 10 months) or I would have done it myself. Again many thanks.......the poor lad will grow up confused...the urge came in Vietnam, concieved in China, born in Philipines, Scottish parent...hmmm..it will take years for him to work that lot out..hehehehe...thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by jackmac452 View Post
    .the poor lad will grow up confused....
    he's was well travelled by time he was born

not as confused as little joe will be, my parents are from Lithuania, so i'm white as you can get, but little joe is snow white , makes me looked tanned, most people don't realise the filipina who is with him is his mom

Hmmm....does he get " Aww..an American baby"... makes me spit feathers that... and I understand about people not realising about the Filipina lady with you bit....they also used to look at me and think "Dirty old man" hehehehe.. made me feel quite chuffed....May I ask you a question ? if..and when you are in a crowd of people...Do you ever get the feeling that your wife..is easily the most beautiful lady there, with the best personality also ? With Nisa..I always got that impression....funny that.....

Quote Originally Posted by jackmac452 View Post
    ..May I ask you a question ? if..and when you are in a crowd of people...Do you ever get the feeling that your wife..is easily the most beautiful lady there, with the best personality also ? With Nisa..I always got that impression....funny that.....
    only when we go to the Darby and Joan Club

i went to my misses degree award ceremony and a filipina in her mid 30's sat next to me, and told me she been living in the states for many years, after chatting for a few mins she asked me, "what part of America, was i from ?" , it could be worse, she could have thought i was a scouser

Well..one hour to go...hope you have a good Xmas and 2009 brings all that happiness that we all seek.... Darby and Joan club ?? and I thought I was old.... hahahahaha..... and remember......God's a Yorkshireman....

Thread Information