Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: CFO Experience

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi. Just had an email from Smef-cow cebu about the documents that you need to bring along with you to take the seminar. (Copy and pasted below.)

Dear Maam,
    Good morning.
    About your inquiry just bring your orig and photocopies of your passport,nso marriage cert. and birth cert. 250.00 registration fee, photocopy of his passport or birth cert. wedding pictures,photocopy of legal capacity to marry or divorce paper.
    We are open from monday to friday from 8a.m to 5p.m one whole day seminar this is walk-in registration first come first serve basis.

I feel like I am applying for another visa. How many times do we need to go through this performances? We are already married for 2 years and they still question our relationship. If they want to protect the Filipinos marrying a foreign nationals, why it should be done before they give the marraige certificate. This is a JOKE!.

If something is SIMPLE lets make it COMPLICATED!!! Welcome to the PHILIPPINES!!

Quote Originally Posted by neallie View Post
    Hi. Just had an email from Smef-cow cebu about the documents that you need to bring along with you to take the seminar. (Copy and pasted below.)

Dear Maam,
    Good morning.
    About your inquiry just bring your orig and photocopies of your passport,nso marriage cert. and birth cert. 250.00 registration fee, photocopy of his passport or birth cert. wedding pictures,photocopy of legal capacity to marry or divorce paper.
    We are open from monday to friday from 8a.m to 5p.m one whole day seminar this is walk-in registration first come first serve basis.

I feel like I am applying for another visa. How many times do we need to go through this performances? We are already married for 2 years and they still question our relationship. If they want to protect the Filipinos marrying a foreign nationals, why it should be done before they give the marraige certificate. This is a JOKE!.

You dont have to worry about this seminar as long as you have known your partner so much. They will just only verify if you can answer all their questions and then if there is no problem. You can get the CFO certificate

Quote Originally Posted by neallie View Post

I went there last February I think, to attend the seminar. It didn't take long really. We just had to watch short segments of a few Filipinas who got abused by their foreign partners. It took like 15mins only as far as I can remember. After that, the lecturer would just add something and then ask some questions - kinda like group sharing. Then, interviewed one by one and my interview didn't even take 5mins to be honest. She just looked at my application,asked like 2-3 questions (which all can be found on the form),and done. I guess the reason why she didn't complicate things for me was because my boyfriend(husband now)and I have the same age.But oh, before I went, she asked a picture of us and a parental consent. I brought loads of stuff so it wasn't a problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by axelandpixel View Post
    parental consent. I brought loads of stuff so it wasn't a problem at all.
    Dont see a letter from parents listed a requirement!
    DO they make it up!!

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Tone

Thread Information