Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: CFO Experience

Quote Originally Posted by FilipinaDiver View Post
    I saw the same thing last Monday when I attended the seminar!! The girls were carrying western union receipts! The counsellor asked for photos and the husband's or fiance's passport page photocopy too. Weird that she didn't ask for mine so I asked her why she didn't! And she just said, "Ma'am you've been in to the UK for 11 times, your relationship is genuine!"
    Glad to hear you haven't encountered any problems at CFO as I heard horrible stories about it especially here in Cebu.

So they can gauge the genuineness of the relationship now??? Oh c'mon...

An Update:

My Mum registered my eight year old daughter with CFO-Manila (July 2014). It was an excellent service according to her (She even left a little note with their office to commend the staff)

My only advice is to read the CFO website before going to their office.

Take note of all the requirements and make sure you read all your documents so that if they ask simple questions, ie: The address you will be staying at in UK? Where does your sponsor work? ..you will be able to answer them.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by apolaki View Post
    Question on the CFO, is this required for all Filipinos who are moving overseas for settlement? Or just for Filipinos who will be leaving the Philippines to join their foreign national spouses?
    http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?opti...=12&Itemid=789

Established on 16 June 1980 through Batas Pambansa 79, the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) is an agency of the Philippine Government tasked to promote and uphold the interests of Filipino emigrants and permanent residents abroad, and to preserve and strengthen ties with Filipino communities overseas.

The evolution of the Commission on Filipinos Overseas can be traced over a series of policy pronouncements. Presidential Decree No. 442 (Labor Code of the Philippines), which was passed in 1974, created the Overseas Employment Development Board in order to set up a systematic program for the overseas employment of Filipino workers, as well as to register and monitor emigrants leaving for various countries. The following years were characterized by a steady increase in migration, thus making it necessary to establish an independent unit which would constitute a local support network solely for Filipino emigrants. In June 1978, Presidential Decree No. 1412 was passed the Office of Emigrant Affairs (OEA). The decree specifically identified Filipino emigrants as the recipients of its services.

In June 1980, Batas Pambansa Blg. 79 was enacted to strengthen the government's policy on the promotion of migrant welfare and interest. It created the Commission on Filipinos Overseas which replaced OEA but retained and further expanded its mandate.

The CFO registers and provides pre-departure orientation seminars to emigrants. It also promotes the transfer of technology as well as material and financial contributions from overseas for development projects in underserved communities all over the Philippines. It also provides younger generations of Filipinos overseas with opportunities to learn Philippine history and culture.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Respected Member
    check valid I/ds are government issued
    also photos of relationship scan of fiancée passport and his visas .
    I have emailed cfo as they state in wbsite FAQ ''requirements ''#4
    any other documents as may be required by the counsellors
    I loved that.will post more when I find out

Quote Originally Posted by timi View Post
    check valid I/ds are government issued
    also photos of relationship scan of fiancée passport and his visas .
    I have emailed cfo as they state in wbsite FAQ ''requirements ''#4
    any other documents as may be required by the counsellors
    I loved that.will post more when I find out
    They took a copy of me and my husband's childhood photos. I didn't mind cause I got loads of them

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information