Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CFO Experience

Trusted Member
    Sounds about normal to me.

Stop worrying.

hi everyone,

Can anyone help me..

what are the requirements in getting the CFO? Thank you so much

Grace from Cebu xx

Hello, GraceAdam! Here are the list of requirements for CFO: Requirements for Attendance to Guidance and Counseling Program

Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph;
    Duly completed guidance and counseling form;
    If married, certified true copy and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office, or Local Civil Registry Offices; or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/ Consulate (if married abroad)
    Other documents as may be required by the
    counselors; and
    Payment of P250.00 counseling fee. AND Requirements for Registration

Original and photocopy of Passport;
    Original and photocopy of visa;
    Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for US bound/ Confirmation of Permanent Residence for Canada bound/ Certification of Eligibility (for Japan-bound);
    Original CFO guidance and counseling certificate;
    Duly completed emigrant registration form; and
    Payment of the authorized registration fee. This is the website-http://www.cfo.gov.ph. Hope this will help you...

Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for US bound/ Confirmation of Permanent Residence for Canada bound/ Certification of Eligibility (for Japan-bound);

I did "copy/paste"...these two definitely not included

Additional info for the fee:

You will pay a fee totaling PhP 650.00. The PhP 250.00 is paid as counseling fee at SMEF-COW or PRISM while the PhP 400.00 is for registration at the CFO.

Banned
    Link for St Mary Euphrasias CFO Quezon City

http://www.smef-cow-phil.org/index.p...id=1&Itemid=53

It looks like she is okay to go on thursday. I phoned the CFO this morning, the one in Quezon City and they have said that a passport and voting certificate is good for ID

We have no idea if this is any better or othewise than the PRISM option but she is going to this one (St Mary Euphrasias) as her chums are going there too.

Hello, lastlid! I got my certificate at SMEF-COW in Quezon City. It's mainly because I stayed in Cainta, that's the nearest one. But it's fine..

Banned
    Oh Good. Any difficulties? Or did it all go smoothly?

Banned
    We had a bit of a quizz last night, for my wife to memorise my details..........mothers maiden name, my shoe size, favourite colour etc etc
    It was fun also. CFO visit tomorrow

It's fine lastlid. That's good idea..but I think it's only your job or profession or educational background is being asked there and your contact details here in UK.

Banned
    Just got a text from my wife at the SMEF-COW CFO in Manila. And she says she is just about to get her yellow sticker!

Visa application submission is next on the list.

2 points from us on the CFO:

1] If the husband has been divorced then a copy of the Decree Absolute is required at the CFO

2] My wife didnt have a photo print of the two of us, she just showed a pic or two in her mobile phone.

I had one text from her when she was there asking me for my postcode in the UK as she didnt have it with her.

It would be so nice for others in future for the CFO to be a bit more specifc about what is required at the seminar, as it is so difficult a place to get to, unless you live in Manila.

Trusted Member
    I seem to remember sitting with the wife-to-be at the seminar, just scowling and muttering to the floor what absolute bull it was.

Banned
    Oh Damn. It was the yellow certificate only today. She is going for the green certificate next week. Then the sticker after she gets her visa.

What a carryon....

Banned
    Well. My wife has just told me that she found the CFO quite useful. But to be fair she is young and not a seasoned traveller. So I can see why she might think that.

On the other hand the stuff on life in the UK sounded a bit simplistic, from what she told me.

But from the sound of it, it was a doddle. Thankfully. Much to my relief.

Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    Oh Damn. It was the yellow certificate only today. She is going for the green certificate next week. Then the sticker after she gets her visa.

What a carryon....
    I pressumed provide the visa is valid everything is issued on the same day certificate & CFO passport sticker ??

Banned
    Hi Guyki

It seems there is 2 ways to do this.

1] Do the seminar first before the visa is issued. Then get the sticker after getting the visa.....or

2] Do the seminar and get the sticker after the visa is issued, all on the same day, like you have just said.

Why bother doing two trips when it can be done in one? I dont know, but in my wifes case she wanted to do the seminar bit with her mates as she was scared of the stories she had heard and didnt want to do the seminar on her own.

Also an excuse to spend the afternoon in the Mall of Asia.....

Banned
    CFO Experience Stage 2

My wife chose to do it the long way round. She got the yellow certificate 2 weeks ago and got the green certificate today. So she will be back for the sticker, if and when she gets her visa.

Banned
    Today my wife went back to the CFO with her visa in her mit for the CFO sticker and encountered a problem as she couldnt remember my ZIP (post) code when they asked her for it....again! But when she texted me for it my phone was off. We hadnt expected more questions at this late stage and thought it would be a formality having gained the green and yellow certificates previously.

Eventually, after much stress, I had woken and checked my phone, switched it on and got her message and texted her my ZIP code.

After that all done.

Probably better to get the CFO thing done all on one day, I reckon......

Anyhow...good news is that she has got the CFO sticker in her passport.

Respected Member
    Now I'm starting to worry about this process for my wife. The first thing is which seminar, UK or Middle East because she's married to a Brit but coming to the Middle East. The other point is that because of who I work for, the visa is prepared and given to her on arrival... Will be interesting to see how this one pans out!

Banned
    WOW. Wish I could help you there. I have seen the occasional CFO post on here by people who are in a similar position to yourself. I recall it led to confusion at the CFO as I recall.

I take it you are in the oil industry?

From my own point of view I thought the Isle of Man would be problematic with the folk at the CFO but in actual fact it wasn't.

Hi i plan to go get Gcc at SmefCow qc.... Wonder of the form that they are talking about is to be printed out by me or they will give it to me when i arrive there to fill it up... Its on the list of requirements

Hello, lykayu01! I copied here the requirements. Maybe you are asking for requirement no.2. So that is it, they will issue the form. Hope this will help you...

Requirements for Guidance Counseling
    *Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph;
    *Duly completed guidance and counseling form to be issued by SMEF-COW upon registration;
    *If married, certified true copy and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office, or Local Civil Registry Offices; or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate (if married abroad)
    Other documents as may be required by the counselors; and
    Payment of P250.00 counseling fee.
    Note: After attending the guidance and counseling requirements in SMEF-COW, you can proceed to the CFO within the building who will issue the guidance and counseling certificate. After receipt of the passport and visa, Filipino spouses and other partners of foreign nationals will have to register with CFO prior to their departure. CFO has an extension office in SMEF-COW building for immediate release of CFO Guidance and Counseling Certificate. And CFO Registration Sticker (An emigrant registration sticker) is affixed to the emigrant’s passport as proof of registration (if with Visa). Registration is done from Monday to Friday, 8:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.

Is it possible to avoid the CFO altogether? E.g. buy a return ticket to Singapore, then take a flight from Singapore to the UK?
    Last edited by sm1971; 3rd May 2012 at 07:07. Reason: fixing errors

Quote Originally Posted by sm1971 View Post
    Is it possible to avoid the CFO altogether? E.g. buy a return ticket to Singapore, then take a flight from Singapore to the UK?

CFO sticker is only necessary for specific visa's.
    If the visa is in the passport then the immigration officer will look for the CFO sticker.

If the designated visa is not in the passport there's no requirement for CFO stcker.

Hope this helps you

Respected Member
    after reading this thread, i came to realize that i have to attend this seminar / guidance counselling thing...

i know that this is very helpful for those Filipinos that don't have any idea of what they are going to experience outside Philippines...Getting married to a foreign national is indeed different compared to getting married to the same nationality..

Giving Filipinos insights and tips and brief discussions of reality and cultural indifferences is nice and will be very helpful..Many Filipinos have undergone sufferings and maltreatment after marriage to some foreign but of course people do experience these even if of the same nationality...

The only thing i don not agree is the fact that after people received visa and was not given the CFO sticker is quite unacceptable...They should accept the fact the VISA is already there...

Well this is Philippines...what do u expect? lol

I can imagine the Hospitality of people in governmental institution like CFO....lol

Newbie (Restricted Access) cebu_401's Avatar
    dar cfo certificate when wehn with my wife nad we had to be there all day ? and to get my wife a passpoert was a night mare . just a way tio get moor money off us

Newbie (Restricted Access) cebu_401's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eytch View Post
    what does CFO means? and what's that for? thanks.
    Commission on Filipinos Overseas (

The wife went 3 times in Cebu for her CFO seminar las tmonth. The first two attempts she was too late for a registration space. She went at 3AM!!!!!!!!!! People were going for registration the evening before and sleeping on the floor overnight. and it seems the guard there is willing to accept 'donations' if you want to gain a space without the wait..... this is of no surprise. Thankfully we live just up the road from the building but there are people who came from far away just to be turned down even though they turned up at the normal registration time.

She did make me laugh though. One of things discussed was proof of relationship. Some of the girls waved the receipts of money sent to them over the last few months.....and they say romance is dead?

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Question on the CFO, is this required for all Filipinos who are moving overseas for settlement? Or just for Filipinos who will be leaving the Philippines to join their foreign national spouses?

Whoa! 3AM!! I was told to go to CFO Cebu at 6am. I just don't understand why they don't have online appointment like Manila..

(Unfortunately) Neighbours with the footballers and their wags.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisincebu View Post
    The wife went 3 times in Cebu for her CFO seminar las tmonth. The first two attempts she was too late for a registration space. She went at 3AM!!!!!!!!!! People were going for registration the evening before and sleeping on the floor overnight. and it seems the guard there is willing to accept 'donations' if you want to gain a space without the wait..... this is of no surprise. Thankfully we live just up the road from the building but there are people who came from far away just to be turned down even though they turned up at the normal registration time.

She did make me laugh though. One of things discussed was proof of relationship. Some of the girls waved the receipts of money sent to them over the last few months.....and they say romance is dead?
    I saw the same thing last Monday when I attended the seminar!! The girls were carrying western union receipts! The counsellor asked for photos and the husband's or fiance's passport page photocopy too. Weird that she didn't ask for mine so I asked her why she didn't! And she just said, "Ma'am you've been in to the UK for 11 times, your relationship is genuine!"
    This wife.. has an amazing husband.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information