Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CFO Experience

Quote Originally Posted by eytch View Post
    what does CFO means? and what's that for? thanks.
    Hmm i cant remember whats CFO means all i know they will not allow u to go out of the country w/o it
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

CFO is Commission on Filipinos Overseas
    check this for more info: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/counseling.htm

Ooops am i allowed to post that Boss Keith? delete it if im wrong. thanks
    Faith makes all things possible.
    makes them easy.

i would just like to know if i need to attend the cfo seminar??? I don't have plans of amending my passport or using my hubby's last name.

Quote Originally Posted by mach View Post
    i would just like to know if i need to attend the cfo seminar??? I don't have plans of amending my passport or using my hubby's last name.
    Yes MRS Mach, YOU must attend the CFO seminar and get the stamped for your passport.

Always take your marriage certificate with you since you don't have any plans to ammend it.
    Scot ===>

"The world is all about diversity. I am different and you are different."

thanks

We took one of our tenants to the airport today to catch her flight to Tokyo..
    We were on our way back when she phoned to say that she couldn`t travel because the lack of a "CFO seminar cert" run by the thieves in black,as I like to think of them..
    How was she supposed to know about this red tape BS as she got her passport before she married??
    The agency that sorted her ticket and visa told her nothing of this CFO horse **** ,money extortion exercise.
    The irony is that she now has to go back to the same place that she was imprisoned as a child (orphan) by the "holy mothers" for another round of patronizing muttering ..
    I really wish that the Muslim extremists would place their bombs with a little more thought!!
    Really winds me up.

ask bout CFO....

if going to have it,do it need for appointment first?or just go for a days schedule?

u dont need to make an appointment, just go for a the scheduled day but i guess UK schedule are almost everyday now..

hi kimmi!

thank you..is it for one day?

am planning to have flight on 30th this month,its ok if have the CFO on 29th?

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlbp View Post
    hi kimmi!

thank you..is it for one day?

am planning to have flight on 30th this month,its ok if have the CFO on 29th?
    Check on the website if they are open and probably a good idea to check via phone i guess as well. Considering the time of year.

Many people have got all the CFO done in one day but its a long old day so make sure your future hubby to be ensures you have somewhere near to stay so your at the cfo nice and early. Also once you have finished you dont have too long a journey afterwards as you have a long filght the next day.
    Some people have had no other phills going to the UK, others quite a few the day they go and if to many people you could in theory be turned away never heard about this for brits, but im sure i have read this happening for phills going to the US in the past.

Take all the evidence, paperwork you had for the visa and lots of photos of you both together. Make sure you know your hubby to be middle name/s, his mums maiden name, where he lives and a little about him and what he does. Many people said the CFO ask more questions than the Brit embassy do but nothing hard if you know and really love your Mahal

thanks andypaul!!!

KIMMI--- may i ask an exact address the CFO in manila?

thanks!!!

sis eto po ung website nila..

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/emig_manila.htm

u can find all the details u need there..goodluck po..

Banned
    Thanks guys for all info...i just save it..really help for me..

hi,

can someone tell me where in manila i can attend the cfo seminar? appreciate if you could give me the complete address and contact number so I can call for inquiry. Thanks!

mench

http://www.smef-cow-phil.org/cms3/in...N_position=2:2
    St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation - Center for Overseas Workers
    1043 Aurora Blvd., Quezon City, 1108 Philippines
    3rd Floor, Ayaay Arcade, 60 Mango Ave., Cebu City 6000 Philippines
    Tel. No.: (632) 913-6439
    Fax No.: (632) 913-6438
    E-mail address: ofw@edsamail.com.ph

People’s Reform Initiative for Social Mobilization Inc.(PRISM)
    2nd Floor Equitable-PCI Bank Building, 2422 Taft Avenue, Manila
    (632) 525-3114, (632) 525-3783, (632) 525-4314

Check out the link below and it will give you the schedules for each destination country.
    http://www.cfo.gov.ph/fs_manila.htm

Cheers,
    Iain.

Quote Originally Posted by menchkin View Post
    can someone tell me where in manila i can attend the cfo seminar? appreciate if you could give me the complete address and contact number so I can call for inquiry. Thanks!
    A simple Google search with "cfo philippines" gives you the CFO site: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/
    Then on the left part of their front page, under "Fil. Spouses and Other Partners of Foreign National" clicking on "Manila" will give you all informations: address, phone numbers, maps to locate it (they are on the left side), requirements and days/hours to visit there.
    Best regards.
    Yves

Quote Originally Posted by A_flyer View Post
    A simple Google search with "cfo philippines" gives you the CFO site: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/
    Then on the left part of their front page, under "Fil. Spouses and Other Partners of Foreign National" clicking on "Manila" will give you all informations: address, phone numbers, maps to locate it (they are on the left side), requirements and days/hours to visit there.

Thanks for the info! I already checked the said website last week.

Banned

CFO Cebu and travel agency - warning!

Hello everyone.

Just a little warning about the travel agency right next to the Cebu CFO office......

Today my wife and I went to the CFO office and she had the sticker put in and also a small certificate stapled into her passport.
    I asked the CFO people was everything now complete for her to travel and they said "Yes".

Next minute she was next door in what I thought was a part of the CFO.
    A lady there said we needed to pay an extra PHP 3,800 to have her NSO marriage certificate authenticated by the DFA with a ribbon attached.
    She said the UK required this.
    I told her we were already married and my wife has the settlement visa.
    I was puzzled and let them talk in Cebuano whilst I thought a bit.
    I was looking around this office and started to smell a rat.
    I asked her what office it was and she said it was a travel agency........
    To cut a long story short, we did NOT pay any extra money and I went back to the CFO and told them what had happened.

The CFO lady once again said as long as my wife has the visa then the CFO sticker/certificate, nothing further is required.
    You have to have eyes open all the time

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    Hello everyone.

Just a little warning about the travel agency right next to the Cebu CFO office......

Today my wife and I went to the CFO office and she had the sticker put in and also a small certificate stapled into her passport.
    I asked the CFO people was everything now complete for her to travel and they said "Yes".

Next minute she was next door in what I thought was a part of the CFO.
    A lady there said we needed to pay an extra PHP 3,800 to have her NSO marriage certificate authenticated by the DFA with a ribbon attached.
    She said the UK required this.
    I told her we were already married and my wife has the settlement visa.
    I was puzzled and let them talk in Cebuano whilst I thought a bit.
    I was looking around this office and started to smell a rat.
    I asked her what office it was and she said it was a travel agency........
    To cut a long story short, we did NOT pay any extra money and I went back to the CFO and told them what had happened.

The CFO lady once again said as long as my wife has the visa, nothing further is required.
    You have to have eyes open all the time
    I wonder how many times they've managed to pull that on off when the wife is there on her own without her husbands support. P3,800 for a fake stamp and a bit of ribbon...... nice work if you can get it.
    Iain.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    I wonder how many times they've managed to pull that on off when the wife is there on her own without her husbands support. P3,800 for a fake stamp and a bit of ribbon...... nice work if you can get it.
    Iain.
    Yeah, I asked Rochelyn if the woman approached her whilst she was making a photocopy and she said "Yes".
    I always find it a little delicate when my wife is talking about documents in "official" places as I don't want to jump in and take control, but PHP3,800 tipped the balance

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    Yeah, I asked Rochelyn if the woman approached her whilst she was making a photocopy and she said "Yes".
    I always find it a little delicate when my wife is talking about documents in "official" places as I don't want to jump in and take control, but PHP3,800 tipped the balance
    Sorry Mike,I was sleeping when Rochelyn txt me,didnt able to reply the time she need an answer,but good for you,as you really smart person,you managed to sort it out

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Iain.
    Besides those scammers cheated those people that they know they can.....while I am processing all document never encountered those....maybe they know I am "old" enough

I just wondered if it's really necessary to attend cfo seminar to change the status of your passport from single to married. I thought i can just show my certified NSO copy of my MC to the DFA office. I was on DFA website, and there was no information about CFO if i want my status change... I haven't even applied for my spouse visa yet. I also went to the DFA office today, and they just said, yes "I THINK its one of the requirement". I am like, "you think? so, you aint sure?" And this guy said,"it all depend on the person who evaluate your application." Huh? I can't get a straight answer... well, i guess I will take that seminar, just to be safe. *sighs*

Quote Originally Posted by Dee31 View Post
    I just wondered if it's really necessary to attend cfo seminar to change the status of your passport from single to married. I thought i can just show my certified NSO copy of my MC to the DFA office. I was on DFA website, and there was no information about CFO if i want my status change... I haven't even applied for my spouse visa yet. I also went to the DFA office today, and they just said, yes "I THINK its one of the requirement". I am like, "you think? so, you aint sure?" And this guy said,"it all depend on the person who evaluate your application." Huh? I can't get a straight answer... well, i guess I will take that seminar, just to be safe. *sighs*

IT'S A REQUIREMENT

You can secure CFO sticker when you have your Marriage Visa.

Thank you Jay&Zobel. I see this is not just a regulation but a law imposed to filipinos that are married to foreign nationals.

I will be attending the seminar tomorrow in Manila. This thread is really helpful. Kudos to the person who posted this. xx

Thank you Jay&Zobel. I see this is not just a regulation but a law imposed to filipinos that are married to foreign nationals. I will be attending the seminar tomorrow in Manila.

You are welcome Dee!
    Enjoy your seminar lol (well' it wasn't that enjoyable at all, so you have been warned )

This thread is really helpful. Kudos to the person who posted this. xx
    Stuart&donalyn - haven't seen them here for a while... Wonder how they are now?

Thanks for this - really helpful

I did enjoy my seminar. LOL I was done in less than an hour. We didn't have film viewing. We only had a brief orientation on what to expect in the airport. And then We were categorized by group of what country we are bound to. It's good thing that i was the only one in the uk group. The interviewer/councelor was great to talk to. She asked some pictures of me and hubby and gave me some good advises. It didn't take long. She told me to have my photo taken and wait for my yellow certificate. I had it less than 5minutes. Then I went straight to CFO Manila office along Quirino Ave. and I was given a green certificate and paid 400php. I was told to come back for my sticker when i have my visa.

I went straight to the DFA office and made an appointment. I came back the next day and was finish in less than hour. I requested for an expedited passport. I will get it in 7 business days. I paid 99php express delivery to have my passport delivered straight to my door. it went smoothly than i thought. I was wondering why the dfa officer didn't even bothered to see my cfo green certificate and i was told that i need my MC to renew my passport if i want to have my status change. And 'ammending your passport was only used if i have the old green passport, but since i have the new one, and its machine readable, i only need to have it renewed.

My next step is lodging my visa. And I need to get everything ready! Thanks heaps for all the wonderful and friendly members here. xxx

Banned

My next step is lodging my visa. And I need to get everything ready! Thanks heaps for all the wonderful and friendly members here. xxx
    You had your CFO first before lodging your visa? Is that ok or should it be visa first then CFO?

we didnt know anything about cfo before status change, my wife has been told she will get her new passport on saturday!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information