Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Angry Nationwide ATM Problem

Hello,

I paid £100 into my Nationwide account in the UK on the 6th Dec and phoned my wife up immediately to let her know.
    She went to the Metro Bank in Bogo, Cebu on the 08th Dec and could not get the funds.
    She asked the security guard in the bank what the problem was.

I checked with Nationwide and £98+ was taken out on the 08th, when my wife said she could not get the money

My dear wife is the only one who has the card and the pin number.

Any idea which way to go now.

Thanks

Sometimes it does happen, If she kept the ATM receipt... she can probably go back to that MetroBank Branch, show them a proof ( maybe ur online bank statement showing that a withdrawal was made that day).

Why would she have a receipt?

Plenty of ways of withdrawing without a card, you only need the account number off it.....for more details ask Joe....being a Manc he knows all the fiddles
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Oh no, Ok all she have to do is ..........if she had the receipt and no money come out,immediately go inside the bank,and report it to the staff or if there is no receipt come out,she can verify to the bank personnel when?where? did the last withdrawal has done,the bank personnel can monitor the transaction ...

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    What did the guard said then.........
    Dec 08 was monday,so she can speak to any bank personnel ,not the security guard i suppose

It's not unusual for people here (many of whom are unfamiliar with atms) to rely on the next person in the queue to assist them with their transaction! Sometimes the 'assistant' tells them that the machine is unable to dispense cash. However, they later find that funds have 'mysteriously' vanished from the account!

i experienced it b4, your wife must talk to officer of that metrobank and show the receipt that she was not able to get the money..while using the machine, did she wait a little while to sure that no money dispensed? i have another experienced with ATM machine..my cousin wants to withdraw and asked me to teach her how to use ATM card. when we entered her pin for 2 times it was invalid so i told her that we need to read the instructions attached given from a certain company ( it was ATM given by a company where they can get their commission) so we give chance to other users and we sitdown and read, more or less 5 minutes pass we go back to same machine and when i about to insert the card i heard the sound of money dispensing so i wait and shock to see that there is really money so i get it, me and my cousin turning round if somebody using the machine b4 us but seems no 1, even guard, so i inserted her card back but still invalid pin.. so we presumed that there was a user b4 us who didnt wait until sure that no money dispense. sometimes machine will hang up and don't give receipts as well...

wat did u do with the money
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Banned
    My wife did not get a receipt.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Daddy View Post
    I wish it was as simple as that

no aposhark that question is meant for jta

I wish it was as simple as that
    Quote Originally Posted by jta View Post
    we go back to same machine and when i about to insert the card i heard the sound of money dispensing so i wait and shock to see that there is really money so i get it, me and my cousin turning round if somebody using the machine b4 us but seems no 1, even guard, so i inserted her card back but still invalid pin.. so we presumed that there was a user b4 us who didnt wait until sure that no money dispense. sometimes machine will hang up and don't give receipts as well...
    question meant for jta aposhark

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Daddy View Post
    it happen outside the mall, so we get inside the mall and go shopping, it was a blessing money hehehe...

Banned
    Ask the transaction history to where she opened an account,where ? and when? the withdrawal happens,i wish shes just nearby here so i can help her w/ no monkey business goin on,i remembered the story from western union b4,about her and his uncle but the thing there is no one holding the atm and the pin except her

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    Ask the transaction history to where she opened an account,where ? and when? the withdrawal happens,i wish shes just nearby here so i can help her w/ no monkey business goin on,i remembered the story from western union b4,about her and his uncle but the thing there is no one holding the atm and the pin except her
    I remember that story, too.

can she print a mini statment from the atm ,as you can in the uk ?

did she try and take all the money out in one go? maybe refused because she tried to withdraw more than was in the account ?.. but where is the money then

davao city phil. but currently here in uk
    from what card she withdrawn the money? is it an atm card from metro bank or she is using your debit card from nationwide?If it is an atm card from metro bank, she should approach the officer or any employees and report what have happened..just for a record, so if in case of tracing the transaction record will show if that machines dispatched cash on that transaction.Bank will know from transactions made on that machine.Usually bank will just take info about it and let you come back or call them for result.Sometimes they will give toll free numbers to call..like the atm center and somebody will take info too..then they will give with in 10 days for the result.If it turns that no money dispatch on that machine,they will credit back to the owners account the amount withdrawn.It happened to me before
    i got it after 10 days credited back to my account.

It is important that your wife will remember what date and time it happened.What and where is the machine located. If it your debit card she used..try to get copy from nationwide that funds have been debited or withdrawn that day. and fax or send copy to your wife so she will show to metrobank where she complained.so that metrobank will now trace what happen to that transaction in that machine.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

did she try and take all the money out in one go? maybe refused because she tried to withdraw more than was in the account ?.. but where is the money then
    If it is her account in phil. she can ask a printed record from the branch she have the account with.Even if it is any form of account with atm card.She can ask transaction record anytime.

She can withdraw the money in one go,coz metrobank machines maximum per withdrawal is 10 thousand pesos,Unlike other machines only 4 thousand pesos maximum per withdrawal..

Quote Originally Posted by gemini63 View Post
    She can withdraw the money in one go,coz metrobank machines maximum per withdrawal is 10 thousand pesos,Unlike other machines only 4 thousand pesos maximum per withdrawal..
    , i cannot remember if it was from the metrobank, but it was only from certain atms in the malls in makati, that i could take 10k out of, but outside the malls it was only 4k.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini63 View Post
    is it an atm card from metro bank or she is using your debit card from nationwide?
    Thanks for your reply.
    Yes it was my Nationwide ATM card that she uses over there.

Banned

Hi Joe,
    I will ask her if she can print a mini statement.
    The ATM machine told her it was "unavailable".

Banned
    Thanks for your reply.
    Yes it was my Nationwide ATM card that she uses over there.
    As somebody else mentioned on one of the above posts.....

She picked up the card from the ATM and waited for the cash, maybe after a few monutes the money wasn't forthcoming, she panicked and moved.....

A few minutes later some lucky bugger must have seen the dosh spewing out, picked it up and scarpered with it....

I had an experience in Cebu Waterfront Hotel, ATM located by the Duty Free outlet. It took nearly 5 minutes for the money to be dispensed.
    Luckily I didn't move, but sent Jet to look for assistance.
    I was too busy kicking the dastardly thing.

Hi Joe,
    I will ask her if she can print a mini statement.
    The ATM machine told her it was "unavailable".
    I think she cannot ask anything,like a mini statement you have said coz its not her atm card or not a bank in phil.that she is using..Unless at the time she did the transaction it gives receipt.I think you should be the one to get record from nationwide to show to phil bank whom the machine belongs to that theres a withdrawal tjhat have been pushed through on that time and date and its there machine used during that time, so can trace the history of that machine on that time and date..Usually your nationwide record will show there what bank and area she did it..So its a proof and bank in the phil will entertain her...

If it only your name on the card, and a 3rd party is using it, then you'll find in the T&C you cannot make a claim against the bank, unless you can prove it was you in the Phil at that time.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Happened to us when using a PNB machine a few weeks ago..(10,000 with no reciept)The screen froze and took about 3 mins for the card to come out.
    We went in and withdrew the cash from the counter and the balance showed that we were 10k down.
    Long story short,we filled in a complaint form bla bla..
    Had a drink in my local and a Brit tells me it happens all the time and assured me the money will show up in a week or 2 on my balance..
    Sure enough,it did.

Hello,

I paid £100 into my Nationwide account in the UK on the 6th Dec and phoned my wife up immediately to let her know.
    She went to the Metro Bank in Bogo, Cebu on the 08th Dec and could not get the funds.

I checked with Nationwide and £98+ was taken out on the 08th, when my wife said she could not get the money

My dear wife is the only one who has the card and the pin number.

Any idea which way to go now.

Thanks
    Hi Apo having read all need an amplified version of" and could not get the funds." What exactly happened from her point of veiw
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

you need to wait a bit longer... say 7 days

if its not refunded to the account, phone up the indian callcentre and spend 30minutes waiting for them to track it down.

they should be able to then adjust your account.

there is no point phoning them now cuz they have to wait for the transaction to rollback in the ATM which takes a few days

I had a one or two experienced like that and you have to depend your self as much as you can to the bank personnel that you didn't get any money at all but most of the time they are not very helpful but for some good reason after a few weeks good news happened as the money back to my account after the investigations etc

another thing is ATM machine in the Phils has the reputation of eating your card and that's it no card for a while bec it takes time b4 you can get it back unfortunately, that's why the last time i went home i didn't use my debit card at all as some of the ATM machine in the phils usually never return you card at one point then ask the bank personnel about it and to give you a comfort that no need to worry about it but you have to wait a week or two to get it back

Also the time you make the withdrawl affects it i have found.

in the Uk the same ATM's and card readers in shops in the Uk take varying times.

Remeber its dialing the UK ( the shops are a tad busy this time of the year) Dont forget now with online shopping/banking and the use for debit cards for various things these lines are busier all round the clock more and more.

So of course it will take time and a lot longer than it does for a local bank card.

Stood there for three mintues once sweating just a tad.

The guard and others around may not realise and think something is up as they dont realise this phill is using a non phill card.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information