Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    I think you hubby shared his problems with you because he is expecting good advise from you and not to make you feel worry. Like the Admin said, he will not loose his house for sure as governnment and banks have agreements for that. If he loose his job, he can receive benefits from DOLE. If I were you, Don't worry too much but think for some steps to get rid of this economy crisis. You can budget your wedding into a civil one, it is still legal . About his moving in the Philippines, you both need to think about that a hundred times. My hubby are also planning to move asap but he's only 51 and he wants early retiment. But we have agreement now about our plans. I believe that wife has good role to her husband, and if husband listens to his wife, then everything will be fine. If he wants to visits you oftentimes, try to give advise and explain to him about your idea if he really needs to go and visit you. It is very easy to apply loans here but after you've got it, then here comes the worries
    When I met my hubby, he said he's still in debt He worked 7 years in the Royal Army, 15 years in driving London Bus and I couldn't believe he's still in debt. He's back to his Mom and tried to improve himself after being separated to his Girlfriend. I made plans for him and thanks God he is a good listener. I told him to study and he did, I told him to upgrade his driving license into HGV CLASS 1 if he really loves driving. He got good jobs 5 years ago after he listened to me and pursue his driving career. I allowed him to visit me in Pinas but I wanted 2 months so he can save some dosh for his ticket Now, he paid all his debts and and he feels different now. Unlike when he was in debt, he hate the world.
    Hope this will give you ideas as two heads are better than one

Thnx sis pennybarry. I always tell my fiance that its ok with me if he dont visit me often so that he can save th e money for our future, but he is the one who really wants to visit me every 3 to 4 months. There was a time that i insisted on telling him not to visit me yet,,he started to think negative.

He was the one wanting to move here in philippines coz he said he sick of living in england so expensive. he loves it here coz he said cheap and lots of sun, good weather. If its my choice i want to live in the uk. He will be going back to england to work for many months then come back to philippines for many months, then go back again until were sorted. i dont mind where we live as long as were together, and as long as we have our own house in philippines. he's also a truckdriver in profession, he drives all sorts of vehicles and trucks. He just register to agencies and his truckdriving he runs it thru his own company. He is not full time employed in a company thats why he can go away and visit me anytime.

Im not too worried now coz he got work now, and hes a bit happy.

well,problem sorted then
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    ...... I believe that wife has good role to her husband, and if husband listens to his wife, then everything will be fine.
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kukurokuk View Post
    I second the motion

Hello maganda, good to hear your news, things will be sorted in due time....

don't worry too much things will work out in the end. wud be taxi drives i'm here for advice and i won't charge double time

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by maganda View Post

Im not too worried now coz he got work now, and hes a bit happy.
    Glad 2 hear that, beautiful >>>>maganda

Respected Member
    Everyone is in a similar position. I've always thought my job is 100% safe, but right now if I can feel safe for the next two months I feel lucky. For that reason I am not planning to go to PI anytime soon. I would rather keep sending my gf the money she needs and wait until I feel secure.

Everyone has got used to 10 years of economic growth. Many people cannot remember the last recession! The fact is that recessions happen and people get through. I think we may be faced with 2 years of decline then a long slow slog back to where we were. It will take time but even at the worst point most people will have jobs.

I too have a plan be, but it would be on 30% less salary so lets hope it doesn't happen. The only good news is that my ex wife has met a really nice man and I no longer have to pay maintenance.

My jobs 100% safe.....unless the Filipina's eat all our horses
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Daddy View Post
    well,problem sorted then

thnx sis...thnx to everyone who posted.. yes im a bit happy now coz he sorted his work ,,but i read in the news that uk will be the most affected among other countires and "severe" recession will be felt til 2009

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    I think we may be faced with 2 years of decline then a long slow slog back to where we were.
    If the 'experts' don't stop talking the financial situation down. it could get a lot worse than that. Many dreadful stories came out of the 'Great Depression' starting in 1929.

I've just had a quick look at the Wikipedia page on the Great Depression. There are a disturbing number of similarities to the current crisis.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by maganda View Post
    thnx sis...thnx to everyone who posted.. yes im a bit happy now coz he sorted his work ,,but i read in the news that uk will be the most affected among other countires and "severe" recession will be felt til 2009

from America who started it,and UK is the most affected one

I dont think so....

cheer up! there's always a way..he'll find a job soon..just keep tryin and be there for him...godbless!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob & Anne View Post
    cheer up! there's always a way..he'll find a job soon..just keep tryin and be there for him...godbless!
    he`s already got a job as what maganda said
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information