Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

2 quick questions

hi , i would apreciate any help before my wife hands her visa aplication in (hopefully on tuesday)
    the 1st is ,when she gets the managers cheque from the metrobank near her home i understand that she can make an online apointment for the uk visa aplication centre straight away.how does she prove that the visa fee has been payed, does she type in a number on the cheque ?
    the other question is ,does she have to fill out her visa aplication online as well as have a paper copy with her. or can she just have a paper copy on her filled out in pen and no online visa form filled in ?

Respected Member
    I think one form is enough Chris. There is no need to fill in both the online and paper form.

yes only one form..if its online application form just have it printed out and that will be the one handed to the vfs staff who takes the application together with all your wife's docs. If its the paper copy you want to fill up no need for the online application form. Ive payed my visa fee using cash over the counter at one of metrobank's branch here in my place so doesnt really know if its mc in doing the online appointment...others here did it with mc and they would be helpful to you....

hi chris,

your wife will purchase manager's cheque in metrobank same amount of the visa payment and the payee of that cheque should be british embassy-manila, then she will bring it together with the application..it doesnt mean that u already paid the embassy when u get the manager's cheque but it's an assurance of british embassy from bank that u have money with them "earmarked" intended for visa payment. so it's good as cash but in terms of cheque that u pay to them when u hand the application. Hope this will help and Goodluck to your wifes application.

Banned
    just bring the manager's cheque w/ her on time of her appointment Chris,also one copy of application form will do

davao city phil. but currently here in uk
    if her plan is to submit application personally,and she have already the application form filled up, theres no need for her to filled in on line. But if she have filled up already on line,just have a copy of then it, then submit to vfs.I shes going to to ask for a scheduled appointment on line she can filled in the form the managers check,what bank and branch.But if i were your wife,il just call for an appoinment.They will only ask you what bank and number and what branch and when u have paid it.Then they will give the soonest available time immediately..Just let your wife xerox the managers check and include it on the docs to be submitted.

Just confirming what others had said.

1 - No need to submit an online application. You just hand in the completed paper application form. Just one, no photocopy needed.

2 - You don't need to prove payment when booking appointment online and it doesn't need any details of the payment. Just take the cheque with you on the day and hand it over.

Good luck

Respected Member
    thanks for the help everyone, you have realy put my mind at rest so i know i am giving good advice to my wife.

Thread Information