Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie (Restricted Access)

Nvq Student Visa Processing Philippines

Anyone who applied VERY RECENTLY for a STUDENT VISA in MANILA? How lond did it take? I have heard it takes less than a month now?? How true?

Anybody who knows a cheap agency for NVQ STUDENT VISA processing? Most of them are around 450 000 pesos....

THank you

read this post

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=12668

looks like things will change..

Quote Originally Posted by NIZAS48 View Post
    Anyone who applied VERY RECENTLY for a STUDENT VISA in MANILA? How lond did it take? I have heard it takes less than a month now?? How true?

Anybody who knows a cheap agency for NVQ STUDENT VISA processing? Most of them are around 450 000 pesos....

THank you
    you might be referring to sandwich courses offered by agencies in manila. good thing bout that is when you come to the uk you already have a care home but limited to only 2 years. with the current low exchange rate, i dont think you will enjoy your 1st year of salary coz most of it will pay for your debts.

try applying direct to the embassy or thru VFS office coz its really cheaper. as long as you have legal papers and the right documents you wont go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by doonat View Post
    i dont think you will enjoy your 1st year of salary coz most of it will pay for your debts.
    i think you will be enjoying it even less, as you will have to spend half your time in a classroom !

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Nvq Student Visa 2009

Any new updates? Is it true half of it sa classroom na??

how about the show money...students name na daw?? not sponsors...

anybody whoknows someone recent;ly approved a visa??

Quote Originally Posted by NIZAS48 View Post
    Is it true half of it sa classroom na??
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/em...hdrawalicence/

you are an educational institution and the courses you offer to sponsored migrants are below S or NVQ level 3, and/or any work placement that is associated with the course accounts for more than 50% of the total course;

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/em...hdrawalicence/

you are an educational institution and the courses you offer to sponsored migrants are below S or NVQ level 3, and/or any work placement that is associated with the course accounts for more than 50% of the total course;
    usually we have 2 days class a week to comply with the 15 hours per week as stated in the course description. but in preparation to the upcoming new immigration rules this march 2009, our school has issued a new policy regarding class times for NVQ students: 50% (of the total 15 hours per week) of the course is to be held inside the classroom while the remaining 50% will be spent on your work placement.

so that's 1 day school and 1 day work (7.5 hrs each).

usually we have 2 days class a week to comply with the 15 hours per week as stated in the course description. but in preparation to the upcoming new immigration rules this march 2009, our school has issued a new policy regarding class times for NVQ students: 50% (of the total 15 hours per week) of the course is to be held inside the classroom while the remaining 50% will be spent on your work placement.

so that's 1 day school and 1 day work (7.5 hrs each).
    you only do 15hrs a week

yes but this effects the hours you can work, with the 7.5 hrs placement and the max 20hrs your allowed to work term time, your total hours working could have been reduced from 35 to 27.5hrs ?

and you really don't want to be working more than your 20hrs+placement a week.. caught and you could be banned

how can you live on working 1 day a week+20hrs p/t ? or should i not ask

you only do 15hrs a week

yes but this effects the hours you can work, with the 7.5 hrs placement and the max 20hrs your allowed to work term time, your total hours working could have been reduced from 35 to 27.5hrs ?

and you really don't want to be working more than your 20hrs+placement a week.. caught and you could be banned

same question Doonat?

try applying direct to the embassy or thru VFS office coz its really cheaper. as long as you have legal papers and the right documents you wont go wrong.

yeah, but just sad that i did not read this thread before! was too late, we have used a Consultancy Agency and paid the 1st fee Php23,000!!! and still more till we got the visa... doh!

She will be joining this forum soon...

I was thinking it is better not to continue using the agency as the fees are really expensive... just forget the PhP23k? what u think? please help... thanks

we are still looking forward the day it will be implemented and as of now most of us student visa holders are worried, but we're trying to come up with solutions. If there's a will, there's a way. even reputable institutions break the law ... a lot of loopholes with the immigration here and i've seen other foreign students working mad in fast food chains and yet they are here for more than 5 yrs now.

@ jay&zobel: if you can still refund the money or transfer the fee to other applicants then do it. but i think it's also worth spending coz most of my classmates applied to the same agency. they can guide you during application but i advice you not to believe in all their promises.

we are still looking forward the day it will be implemented and as of now most of us student visa holders are worried, but we're trying to come up with solutions. If there's a will, there's a way. even reputable institutions break the law ... a lot of loopholes with the immigration here and i've seen other foreign students working mad in fast food chains and yet they are here for more than 5 yrs now.
    yes, but now educational institutions need a license from the gov and also they have to keep an eye on their students, if a student doesn't attend class then they must tell the HO. and if they don't they can lose their license. if your caught working full time or more than you should be, you face being deported and a ban from coming to the uk. is that risk worth taking ?

as early as december we can feel the pressure about the changes in the immigration this march. schools have been strict w/ attendance and students are reminded about the rules to be followed. too risky if they caught you working more than the alloted working hours but as i've said there are still remedies. we dont want to end up boarding the plane back home that's why some are trying to get away with the hours reflected in our NI. some comply with just 20-28 hours per week and the rest of the days are part time or cash-in hand jobs. lucky for others, their employers agree not to declare the actual hours they've worked. as for other ways, that i can't tell....

had a consultancy firm to assist me, it took less than 2 months for everything to be processed, I lodge my docs last dec 22 and am still awaiting for the result till now, so am still waiting but am hoping for the best....

goodluck to ur application!

Quote Originally Posted by dyannesky View Post
    had a consultancy firm to assist me, it took less than 2 months for everything to be processed, I lodge my docs last dec 22 and am still awaiting for the result till now, so am still waiting but am hoping for the best....
    Just wondering what Agency did u use please? thnank you... DId u pay lots?

It's Global Summit in Makati, I already paid their consultancy fee so no turning back na, but I think they did great in checking my docs. Am still waiting for the visa result...so....crossing fingers. I think it's just enough abt their fee, nde naman umabot ng 200 k lahat ng ngastos ko that is including the downpayment for the tuition. Pero I think, kung okay naman docs mo pwde na ren walang consultancy ehehe pero it does help in a way. :p

It's Global Summit in Makati, I already paid their consultancy fee so no turning back na, but I think they did great in checking my docs. Am still waiting for the visa result...so....crossing fingers. I think it's just enough abt their fee, nde naman umabot ng 200 k lahat ng ngastos ko that is including the downpayment for the tuition. Pero I think, kung okay naman docs mo pwde na ren walang consultancy ehehe pero it does help in a way. :p

Got some Qs:

Just want to make sure:
    were they really asking for the sponsor's to have PhP1.3M in their bank account!!!? as the show money? so that the UK embassy will not refuse the visa? hmmm...
    thank u

they said the spionsor should have atleast 1.5 million, ort more much better, you need to provide them with that bank statement and bank certificate..make sure the sponsor has a business with a bir to attest hopw much theyare earming a year :p

sorry been busy that is why am not able to reply right away.yes you need to provide them with a sponsor who has atleast 1.5 million on his/her bank statements, or more I guess. also you need to make sure that it will tally on their tax returns as well. am not too sure now about their requirements coz point system na ata, but i can tell you what i had when i tried to apply and lodge my application last dec 2008. i hope this info helps

as for me, they asked me to show atleast 1.5 million on their bank statements as proof that they do have the money to support me. and make sure that the tax return will tally with the money they do have on their bank accounts.

yes zobel they asked for 1.5 million on my sponsor's bank statements/accounts.

General students on courses lasting more than 12 months will be expected to show they have sufficient funds to pay for the first year of fees plus £9600 living allowance (British Council figure).

so those people thinking for applying for student visa you to think million times bec BIA is tightening their rules and the UK Border Agency has announced that Tier 4, for students, due to start next March, will now be phased in with full implementation taking place in August 2009.

Arrow

yes zobel they asked for 1.5 million on my sponsor's bank statements/accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesewiz View Post
    General students on courses lasting more than 12 months will be expected to show they have sufficient funds to pay for the first year of fees plus £9600 living allowance (British Council figure).
    so those people thinking for applying for student visa you to think million times bec BIA is tightening their rules and the UK Border Agency has announced that Tier 4, for students, due to start next March, will now be phased in with full implementation taking place in August 2009.

Question:
    We are here in the UK (me & my husband). I have a decent job and working for my hubby's family company... we will be providing my sister accommodation by living with us etc...

So you think, a healthy bank statement (no overdrafts & with savings) will do?

ALso, we are in dilemma... Lots of Brits are losing their jobs, companies are closing down... hmmm... shall we continue processing her application?

i dunno honestly...

according to my consultants, but it is not always the case, some are being refused as well even if they have millions in the bank, really depends...but you should provide them information that will prove that the sponsor has money to support the student.

according to my consultants, but it is not always the case, some are being refused as well even if they have millions in the bank, really depends...but you should provide them information that will prove that the sponsor has money to support the student.

yeah! thank you!!!

just to let you know we dont have millions hehehe...

no problem, I am still awaiting the result, been almost 6 weeks....:((

is your school in reading? most of my classmates from global are jam packed in 1 school

yes doonat in Reading...heheheh...

is your school in reading? most of my classmates from global are jam packed in 1 school

hmmm... why are they still accepting students if its already jam packed? what you think?

Impact has applied for Tier 4 qualification already so nothing to worry about the Point system

http://www...........s.com/uk_immigr..._sponsors.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information