Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

Long Distance Relationship

I just can not believe it that after several months happy together now we are thousands miles away again. I just cant wait to see him again. Im sure Im not the only one who experience this. I think its a good idea to talk about how to cope it living away from your special someone. It is not easy when you get used to it that he is always there with you and all of a sudden you can not hug and kiss him anymore. Chatting online, exchanging text message on the cellphone, long distance telephone calls, but still you can not deny it that you truely miss his presence.
    He told me to keep myself busy, to go out , see more friends, watch films, go to malls or do something to keep me busy while waiting for him. But Im not socialite person, I just love stay inside the house, but I m like crazy waiting for him online. I thought I can get a part time job, but Im leaving to UK again early next year.
    I feel its heavy here in my chest, I do not want to listen to lovesongs coz it always made me cry.
    Im sorry if Im so emotional here. Thanks for reading.

I think most of us here knows how hard it is to be separated even for a while from your love one. Time and days passed by so slow and you can't think of and want anything else in the world than be together again, but try to be strong and you'll eventually get through it. AJA-AJA fighting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by simplelife View Post
    I just can not believe it that after several months happy together now we are thousands miles away again. I just cant wait to see him again. Im sure Im not the only one who experience this. I think its a good idea to talk about how to cope it living away from your special someone. It is not easy when you get used to it that he is always there with you and all of a sudden you can not hug and kiss him anymore. Chatting online, exchanging text message on the cellphone, long distance telephone calls, but still you can not deny it that you truely miss his presence.
    He told me to keep myself busy, to go out , see more friends, watch films, go to malls or do something to keep me busy while waiting for him. But Im not socialite person, I just love stay inside the house, but I m like crazy waiting for him online. I thought I can get a part time job, but Im leaving to UK again early next year.
    I feel its heavy here in my chest, I do not want to listen to lovesongs coz it always made me cry.
    Im sorry if Im so emotional here. Thanks for reading.
    I suggest going for a short course. anything that you like to learn. cooking, computing class etc. Or go to the library to get books to read. Time flies when busy.

Are you coming to the UK on a spouse visa?

Best wishes,

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by reginacarlson View Post
    I think most of us here knows how hard it is to be separated even for a while from your love one. Time and days passed by so slow and you can't think of and want anything else in the world than be together again, but try to be strong and you'll eventually get through it. AJA-AJA fighting!!!
    Thanks for your reply Regina.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by benb View Post
    I suggest going for a short course. anything that you like to learn. cooking, computing class etc. Or go to the library to get books to read. Time flies when busy.

Are you coming to the UK on a spouse visa?

Best wishes,
    Yes, take a short course is a good idea, but I have done it most of the things I m interested such as cooking, computing, swimming, ballroomdancing, even tennis. I brought some non-fiction books with me from the UK, I love reading , but I just came to the point that get bored reading while lying on the long chair . As part of my daily work-out to keep myself fit I`m teaching my 89 years old Grandma a ballroomdancing every morning.
    Oh thanks benb for your reply. No Im not coming to UK on spouse visa. I will lodge my fiancee visa application soon. My fiance will be coming here and we will go back together to UK next year.

Yes, take a short course is a good idea, but I have done it most of the things I m interested such as cooking, computing, swimming, ballroomdancing, even tennis. I brought some non-fiction books with me from the UK, I love reading , but I just came to the point that get bored reading while lying on the long chair . As part of my daily work-out to keep myself fit I`m teaching my 89 years old Grandma a ballroomdancing every morning.
    Oh thanks benb for your reply. No Im not coming to UK on spouse visa. I will lodge my fiancee visa application soon. My fiance will be coming here and we will go back together to UK next year.
    Cool! Check out cuban/NY salsa dancing in the Philippines! its quite popular in the UK and I'm sure that you'll like it too. You can do it to new and old songs. Its similar to the the movie Dirty Dancing if you have seen it.

I've cut down my dancing quite a bit due to recent work commitment and hope to get back to it next year.

Cheers,

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    I like belly dancing better just like of Shakira

Quote Originally Posted by maharlika View Post
    I like belly dancing better just like of Shakira
    Excellent! I love watching that!

Banned
    Salsa and belly dancing hmmmnnn thats interesting. Thanks

Hi Simplelife... i feel yah! Me & fiance has been doing this LDR for almost 6 years! And the pain of separation still hurts like the first time. I never get use to it. When i went back here in the Philippines after my trip to the UK...going back to chats after being together for almost 2 years... that was horrible.

I'm lucky to have my little biz to keep me busy.... too busy sometimes makes my brain hurt lol. Wish I was just window cleaning in UK instead hehehe

Having a long distance relationship is a RISK to TAKE... If you are willing to SACRIFICE then be it. Accept all the downside of it... Everyone here has the same feelings So I can relate

We're praying that we have a SUCCESSFUL FIANCEE APPLICATION SOON...

Life is full of surprises... It what how we make it and yes it's really taking risk to take.... Be happy in loving someone!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by amyburple View Post
    Having a long distance relationship is a RISK to TAKE... If you are willing to SACRIFICE then be it. Accept all the downside of it... Everyone here has the same feelings So I can relate

We're praying that we have a SUCCESSFUL FIANCEE APPLICATION SOON...
    I`m sure you will have a successful visa application.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by missmiles View Post
    Life is full of surprises... It what how we make it and yes it's really taking risk to take.... Be happy in loving someone!
    Yes I agree that life is full surprises. I never thought in a million years that I would meet someone from the other side of the world and have relationship with him,now weve been on for several years.

Respected Member
    Hi simplelife,

Eventhough i lived here in UK, i still feel the same, because my husband use to work away from home because of his nature of work. Its really hard, but i know time will come that he will never work away again.
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tiN View Post
    Hi simplelife,

Eventhough i lived here in UK, i still feel the same, because my husband use to work away from home because of his nature of work. Its really hard, but i know time will come that he will never work away again.
    Thats why I am happy that I found this website.
    God bless us mate tiN.

I think an important thing, when one is parted from ones loved one, is this Forum. To be able to read about others in the same situation is a great help, to know one is not alone in this sad time of waiting to be, hopefully, together for always.

Of course one picks up all sorts of useful (and not so useful!) info from this site, but for those of us currently apart regular perusal of the various subjects here and the thoughts of members imparts a feeling of comradeship, and helps in some small way to pass the time until the next meeting.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paulgee View Post
    I think an important thing, when one is parted from ones loved one, is this Forum. To be able to read about others in the same situation is a great help, to know one is not alone in this sad time of waiting to be, hopefully, together for always.

Of course one picks up all sorts of useful (and not so useful!) info from this site, but for those of us currently apart regular perusal of the various subjects here and the thoughts of members imparts a feeling of comradeship, and helps in some small way to pass the time until the next meeting.

Paul
    I absolutely agree with this. I'm not sure, I could have got as far as I am now without this website, infact I know I wouldn't have.
    For instance, knowing others have had trouble, booking domestic flights, with credit cards etc. has been a big help.
    As for getting married & visas, well, thats a total minefield.
    Being able to log on here & share problems, with people you regard as friends, is very comforting.
    It's a lonely old business, but it helps to keep the dream alive.
    I have no regrets, about entering into this LDR thing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by paulgee View Post

Paul

Good points. Thanks paulgee.
    The good things of temporary seperation is when you meet again it is sweetier than before because you been longing to be with each other.
    We`ve been on LDR for half a decade now, yes we should get used to it being away to each other temporarily, but sometimes it is so sad especially when you know that he needs you by his side when he is unwell.
    LDR taught us to be more patient.

I just started to do some of my hobbies, I thought just to keep me occupied for a couple of months or so. I cleaned up my little garden and I have planted some flower seeds. I also continue Learning English online. I started putting up some Christmas decorations.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    Being able to log on here & share problems, with people you regard as friends, is very comforting.
    It's a lonely old business, but it helps to keep the dream alive.
    I have no regrets, about entering into this LDR thing.

Yes, it is very comforting when you know that there are people who are in the same situation that you can relate to.
    Reading all the successful stories in this site is really inspiring and I feel good in sharing thoughts and ideas to those who seek for advices.

Long distance relationships are really hard... It is the survival of the fittest & the toughest hehe... but we all have experienced it so you have nothing to feel sad...

Just enjoy your time being with your friends & family. Your "me" time... Soon you will be with your Prince... Not very long...

Once you are here, you will feel that you are happy & contented because you are finally together but might also feel that you miss your family & friends...

Enjoy each little time whilst you are in our country...
    Enjoy the sun...
    Enjoy your chismosang kapitbahay...

Christmas is so fast approching too, and you will miss the following next year when u r here:
    MAKUKULIT NA BATA singing Christmas Carols
    SImbang Gabi
    Puto Bumbong
    Noche Buena
    Simple things...

DO not discount these things for they play an important part in our life...

Just don't be too hard on yourself... Malapit na po, kasama mo na ang iyong mahal....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    Long distance relationships are really hard... It is the survival of the fittest & the toughest hehe... but we all have experienced it so you have nothing to feel sad...

Just enjoy your time being with your friends & family. Your "me" time... Soon you will be with your Prince... Not very long...

Once you are here, you will feel that you are happy & contented because you are finally together but might also feel that you miss your family & friends...

Enjoy each little time whilst you are in our country...
    Enjoy the sun...
    Enjoy your chismosang kapitbahay...

Christmas is so fast approching too, and you will miss the following next year when u r here:
    MAKUKULIT NA BATA singing Christmas Carols
    SImbang Gabi
    Puto Bumbong
    Noche Buena
    Simple things...

DO not discount these things for they play an important part in our life...

Just don't be too hard on yourself... Malapit na po, kasama mo na ang iyong mahal....
    Yes you are right, Mate.

I have experienced two Christmases in England, it was great because me and hubby were together but of course I missed all the Pinoy Christmas Tradition, such as simbang gabi, putobungbong,monita-monito, and etc etc.
    I loved English Christmas,too.!!! I loved Roast Turkey,Baked parsnip, potatoes, presents!!! wow I`ve got more presents when spent Christmas in England, but here in the Philippines I am the one who expected to buy and give presents huhuhuhu
    Mga Tita, I noticed that English are thoughtful, they love sending cards, while here in the Phils. we hardly received Christmas cards, except from our special someone.Diba?

Mga Tita, I noticed that English are thoughtful, they love sending cards, while here in the Phils. we hardly received Christmas cards, except from our special someone.Diba? [/QUOTE]

Yes they are My hunny & his family would always send cards from England. It is really sweet of them and it made me cry lots of time (tears of joy) I love them to bits. They are all amazing!

I am grateful that God blessed me so much.

Mga Tita, I noticed that English are thoughtful, they love sending cards, while here in the Phils. we hardly received Christmas cards, except from our special someone.Diba?

Yes they are My hunny & his family would always send cards from England. It is really sweet of them and it made me cry lots of time (tears of joy) I love them to bits. They are all amazing!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D&G View Post

Cheers!!! apir tayo awwww!!!

Thread Information