Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

''life In The Uk Test''

Hi, i just wonder if anyone could answer this question i had in mind after passing my test...... we need it to apply for ILR right?
    my question is, do i need to take another test for when i applied for british citizenship one day?

Quote Originally Posted by wrigglybum View Post
    Hi, i just wonder if anyone could answer this question i had in mind after passing my test...... we need it to apply for ILR right?
    my question is, do i need to take another test for when i applied for british citizenship one day?
    Good question i need to wait their response as well heheh!

I dont think so, coz once you passed the test thats it. I think all you need to do is keep a copy for yourself after you apply for you ILR coz they will ask you another proof when you apply for your citizenship.

joebloggs is very good with this where is he? hehehehehehehe.

no, that why you need to keep your certificate safe till you apply brit. citizenship if you lose it you need to take another test again
    all things are possible!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post

no, that why you need to keep your certificate safe till you apply brit. citizenship if you lose it you need to take another test again
    They may keep it when you apply for ILR so you don't have the problem of keeping it safe.

They returned the test certificate when I applied for ILR then I used it for brit cit application

no, you do not always get it back when you apply for ILR.

but you are asked for it when you apply for citizenship, but i think there is a question on the citizenship app form, asking if you sent your cert for when you applied for ILR

but I've heard of a few cases where the person ticked the box, and was still asked for the Cert, and if you are asked for it, and don't have it ....so get it photocopied, just in case, you wouldn't want to take it again

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    but you are asked for it when you apply for citizenship, but i think there is a question on the citizenship app form, asking if you sent your cert for when you applied for ILR

but I've heard of a few cases where the person ticked the box, and was still asked for the Cert,
    That's what happened to my wife. Luckily we had kept the certificate so we could send it to them again, even though they had already seen it.

if you apply ILR you need to ask them to return your life in the uk test certificate back, pretty ovbious if you don't ask them they keep it bcoz they wants you to pay a money again
    all things are possible!

Thanks evryone for the info, now im worried 'coz i sent my cert: without a photo copy keep for me. how if they wont sent my cert: back?
    Joe, do i call and request for my cert(life in the uk) back to me.

good to hear that i dont have to take the test again, god i failed on my first test 18oct{dont know why government stuff wont stick in my brain } cant get another schedule for the test unfortunately on that month here in milton keynes after the 18 they said the next one will be early nov. anyway got schedule on the 3 of nov 03:30(wait in there for 2 hours coz they have server problem and the enginers working on it....) anyway we got all out the building and pass 6pm with my cert: visa runnin out on the 08 of nov.... finally sent my application on the 6

well AUG06 2006 WE GOT OUR ANSWER NOW thanks lots!

Respected Member
    It already happened. Someone lost his copy and the HO asked him to re-take the test or he cannot apply for naturalization..

Thanks evryone for the info, now im worried 'coz i sent my cert: without a photo copy keep for me. how if they wont sent my cert: back?

good to hear that i dont have to take the test again, god i failed on my first test 18oct{dont know why government stuff wont stick in my brain } cant get another schedule for the test unfortunately on that month here in milton keynes after the 18 they said the next one will be early nov. anyway got schedule on the 3 of nov 03:30(wait in there for 2 hours coz they have server problem and the enginers working on it....) anyway we got all out the building and pass 6pm with my cert: visa runnin out on the 08 of nov.... finally sent my application on the 6

well AUG06 2006 WE GOT OUR ANSWER NOW thanks lots!
    Yes, u r right wrigglybum..tnx!

what did you apply for ILR ?

maybe they will send it back to you , if you don't get your cert back, there is a question and a box to tick on the naturaliastion form, saying you have already sent your cert when you applied for ILR. just tick that box and pray . hopefully they will not ask you for it again, even thou you don't have it (that's if they don't send it back)

Thread Information