Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Online Travel Group

Really fell like this at the moment.

Had an annual policy through Online Travel Group and they went into administration in September.

I contacted the actual insurance company who say they can't access anything or find any details so can't confirm I hold a policy with them Grrrrr.

Had to buy another policy today as we are going to the Phils next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post

Had an annual policy through Online Travel Group and they went into administration in September.

I contacted the actual insurance company who say they can't access anything or find any details so can't confirm I hold a policy with them Grrrrr.

some travel agency they change their policy with out knowing their customers, just read the small print in your policy what it says
    all things are possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post

Hi Scouse if you bought it with a credit card you may find that the credit card company will refund you
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Respected Member
    I did use a credit card back in January but it was only £65.00 so no joy with the card company.

Been in touch with the insurance provider but no guarantees that it is still valid.

Found another on which is better and was £93.00 which includes off piste sking (ready for March) so at least I know I am covered for next week.

The advice is very much appreciated though.

Really looking forward to getting away on the 7th November now. We booked the flights in January and it has seemed such a long wait.

i stopped buying travel insurance when i signed up for a RBS platinum current account years ago, cost me then £15 a month, but you get lot of benefits, one was free travel insurance for me and the family

london well away from those people up norf
    joe have you used the rbs insurance ie a claim? I have the same insurance but some have said who also have it theres a lot of ifs and buts to it. reading the blurb and small print it looks fine to me. But just wondering? Of course it would be useless in phill.

I know what you mean Andy....mine only covers me whilst in bed
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    I know what you mean Andy....mine only covers me whilst in bed
    So if you take your bed on holiday your be ok

Never leave home without it
    Absit invidia

so thats what you keep in your pocket mr admin just thought you were pleased to see him

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    joe have you used the rbs insurance ie a claim? I have the same insurance but some have said who also have it theres a lot of ifs and buts to it. reading the blurb and small print it looks fine to me. But just wondering? Of course it would be useless in phill.
    nope, not needed to, but you get small print with all insurance policies, i phoned them up and asked them about it, and they told me it's the same as what i would buy from somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    nope, not needed to, but you get small print with all insurance policies, i phoned them up and asked them about it, and they told me it's the same as what i would buy from somewhere else
    Comedy gold.

I do know from my understanding that the cover would be only for uk residents in most cases. So those with spouse visas would need further cover.

Thread Information