Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

help with translation please

hi, i wondered if anyone would be kind enough to translate a birthday message i received from my fiance.
    alam kong malayo ka sa piling ko sa pinaka-mahalagang araw sa bohay mo. wala man ako sa tabi mo.
    mananatili ka namang nakabaon sa puso ko....buong puso kong ipina aabot sayo ang pagbati ko ng "maligayang kaarawan" sa pinaka mamaha kong asawa.

much apreciated if somone can help

hello there happy birthday!
    Heres what it means:
    I know that you are away from me on this important day of your life.I may not be on your side,but you are always here in my heart.With all my heart i am wishing you Happy Birthday for the person i love most my husband.
    True love waits.

Ok Filipinos, if you are watching, see how my efforts are.I try my translation. Sorry if I doing words, because I am still learning too. So just rough.I still need to put the puzzles together

alam kong malayo ka sa piling ko sa pinaka-mahalagang araw sa bohay mo

alam (tell) kong(want) malayo (far) ka sa piling(beside) pinaka-mahalagang(important) araw(day) sa bohay(I think this is bahay-home)

English- wants you beside her on this important day at her home.

wala man ako sa tabi mo.

Definitions wala(nothing) man ako (I me) sa(to) tabi(side) mo(you)
    No man beside me but u?

mananatili ka namang nakabaon sa puso ko....buong puso kong ipina aabot sayo ang pagbati ko ng "maligayang kaarawan" sa pinaka mamaha kong asawa.

mananatili(?)ka namang(also) naka(position)baon(ready) sa puso(heart) ko...buong(caress) puso(heart) kong(want) ipina(?) aabot(reach) sayo(?suya?) ang pagbati(greeting) ko ng "maligayang(joyful) kaarawan(birthday)" sa pinaka(next) kong(want) asawa(husband)

She will have a joyful birthday next time when ready with her husband and it will touch her heart but he is out of reach.

Respected Member
    thanks for the greetings and the translations.
    its been a help and a pleasure to read a nice message from my loved one.

Banned
    U really made me laugh Gary ,smart enough lol for a British who's trying to learn Tagalog , buhay-life ... house or home-bahay

very well said Frances

Happy b-day Chris

Respected Member
    thanks jedc143 , yes he put my tagalog to shame there . i know quite a few phrases to say to my fiances parents , the trouble is they start talking to me in tagalog and to coin a phrase i,ve heard several times in the phils , i end up with a nose bleed !

Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    Ok Filipinos, if you are watching, see how my efforts are.I try my translation. Sorry if I doing words, because I am still learning too. So just rough.I still need to put the puzzles together

alam (tell) kong(want) malayo (far) ka sa piling(beside) pinaka-mahalagang(important) araw(day) sa bohay(I think this is bahay-home)

wala man ako sa tabi mo.

No man beside me but u?

mananatili(?)ka namang(also) naka(position)baon(ready) sa puso(heart) ko...buong(caress) puso(heart) kong(want) ipina(?) aabot(reach) sayo(?suya?) ang pagbati(greeting) ko ng "maligayang(joyful) kaarawan(birthday)" sa pinaka(next) kong(want) asawa(husband)

She will have a joyful birthday next time when ready with her husband and it will touch her heart but he is out of reach.
    "Chains do not hold a marriage together.It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.That is what makes a marriage last - more than passion or even sex..."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chris40 View Post
    thanks jedc143 , yes he put my tagalog to shame there . i know quite a few phrases to say to my fiances parents , the trouble is they start talking to me in tagalog and to coin a phrase i,ve heard several times in the phils , i end up with a nose bleed !
    ----------

london well away from those people up norf

wala man ako sa tabi mo.

No man beside me but u?

Nice one gary it seems now you speak two languages that i dont understand scotish and tagalog

Does anyone know of any websites that will translate Cebuano to English?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    Nice one gary it seems now you speak two languages that i dont understand scotish and tagalog
    and 2 more you don't understand Andy proper English and sql

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Does anyone know of any websites that will translate Cebuano to English?

Thank you.
    Not automatically do you need a translator?
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Respected Member

wala man ako sa tabi mo.

No man beside me but u?

I wish my hubby will do that also, he dont have enough patience to study Tagalog words,

wala man ako sa tabi mo.
    No man beside me but u?

Good Job you made me in this part bohay(I think this is bahay-home)
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

Thread Information