Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: No Oil!!

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile No Oil!!

Went to the local (very small) market in Pusok a couple of hours ago to get some cooking oil for my chicken dinner tonight.

Standing patiently at the small stall that has oil - someone 'pushes in' in front of me - I think - 'Well, that's the way it is here'.

Then someone else arrives, ignores the fact that I am 'queuing' and gets served before me.

I try to attract the attention of the 'vendor' to no avail!!!

Another lady arrives and ignores me and gets served.

I know I was told to leave my 'UK head' on the plane when I arrived here - but this is downright BAD MANNERS!!!

I left the market - 'oilless' and I am now sitting in my apartment - very hungry!!!

I shall not stoop to bad manners such as this - even though it seems to be the norm here.

I love the Philippines - but some things still drive me crazy!!!!!

Al.

Haha ... I've been known to comment "Excuse me, I thought there was a queue"!

When one woman gave me a quizzical look, I made another comment which she ignored. I then said "Ah, we're pretending not to understand English now?" Whereupon she struggled to suppress a grin. "Yes, I thought so." was my response.

One thing that always annoys me, and I should really avoid them, is the baskets only queues in SM Davao Grocery. There are three tills with a roped single queue - the idea being that you wait behind the red line for whichever till comes free next. You can stand at the red line until closing time because all the pinoys just push past and form three individual queues!

It's a British thing queueing...It's one of the only things, that has really annoyed me being in the Philippines, people constantly pushing & sneaking in front of you. ...Frightfully rude.

You don't queue in the Phil

Usually when Filipina's arrive over here they just go straight to the front of the checkout .....no one says anything as the spear and chicken feet around the neck scare them
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Glad to see no one suggesting Alan is well oiled enough
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Thread Information