Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

Unhappy Scousers and Geordies.... don't shake their hands

Well, apart from having to count your fingers after you shaken their hands, you also have to disinfect yourself....

Here is the latest news.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7667499.stm

Rather controversial subject....

Banned
    I always wash my hands afterwards but am horrified wherever I go to the loo in public to see men walk straight out without doing so.
    I now get toilet or tissue paper to open all doors afterwards as those doors and handles must be contaminated.

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

......and can you imagine if these men are nail biters or nose pickers????

Enjoy your lunch everyone.

Al.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    I now get toilet or tissue paper to open all doors afterwards as those doors and handles must be contaminated.
    Ditto.....

Done it for years....

Learnt it on the cruise ships....

They may as well just make dinner on their

Peanuts on the bar were found to be one of the most contaminated food sources you could find, with pee in them from a lot of people.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Scousers and Geordies.... don't shake their hands, bcoz they knows they are allergy to each other.
    all things are possible!

I see guys not washing hands all over the world, I'd say only 50% do in Wales.....not that I hang around the boys bogs keeping stats

Dirty Buggers! Another blow against the Geordies! And people wonder why my fella is from the Phils....

Quote Originally Posted by cruisingkerry View Post
    Dirty Buggers! Another blow against the Geordies! And people wonder why my fella is from the Phils....
    ...where they use leaves to wipe

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Do you reckon that there might money to make in exporting them gigantic nettle leaves from Haveawristwatch....???

london well away from those people up norf
    doctors and nurses in hospitals which ignore the alcohol dispensers in hospitals, and in general hospitals are the dirtiest places. Only places which are clean are the managment and admin areas

I get so angry when i see the state of Hospitals and its all the easy to do things which are ignored

All they need are busy body sisters and matrons to say oi no get that out of here, not a spreadsheet artist.

Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    doctors and nurses in hospitals which ignore the alcohol dispensers in hospitals, and in general hospitals are the dirtiest places. Only places which are clean are the managment and admin areas

I get so angry when i see the state of Hospitals and its all the easy to do things which are ignored

All they need are busy body sisters and matrons to say oi no get that out of here, not a spreadsheet artist.
    To be honest with you as a nurse I get pretty sick and tired of my profession getting the blame for this kind of thing.
    Visitors to hospitals come in with dirty clothes on, dont' wipe their feet, sit on the beds, disrespect and dismiss nurses, leave garbage laying around and then think they're doing a good job if they use alcohol gel on their hands that haven't been washed since they got up that morning.

And they are totally blameless.......

if you look at the hands of most nurses they are dry and chapped from washing their hands probably 40-50 times in a shift. We know that the alcohol gels are only effective on clean hands thats why we ignore them because we wash our hands properly with soap and water for at least 15-20 seconds, as recommended.

Stop with the medical profesional bashing I say..... we shouldn't be blaming any one just educating people.

Oh yeah, and stop asking for antibiotics when they aren't needed, thats probably one of the biggedst reasons for resistant infections. Trust you docgtor or nurse to tell you when you need antibiotics, after all thats why we've done years of training.

K xx

To be honest with you as a nurse I get pretty sick and tired of my profession getting the blame for this kind of thing.
    Visitors to hospitals come in with dirty clothes on, dont' wipe their feet, sit on the beds, disrespect and dismiss nurses, leave garbage laying around.....
    That's what I keep telling everyone. Each time someone walks through the front door all the bugs come back in.

It has been this way since the first hospital, dead folk in hospitals used to be classed as 'Death Unknown', but now we have names for it since we discovered these bugs.

It is not that these bugs have got stronger, or just appeared, it is our own immune systems that have been dummed down with decades of cleanliness......hence 'Kills 99% of germs' products is one way to give you kids allergies

Thanks for that Keith.

just an update too... on alcohol gels.... they're being removed from healthcare settings because they don't work on clostridium difficile - one of the 'superbugs'.

We've been told by the Infection control people to ask patients to wash their hands when they come in the room ... shouldn't we be relying on people to be reasonable human beings and doing it without being asked??

... on alcohol gels.... they're being removed....
    What am I supposed to drink now on my next visit?

Visitors to hospitals come in with dirty clothes on, dont' wipe their feet, sit on the beds, disrespect and dismiss nurses, leave garbage laying around and then think they're doing a good job if they use alcohol gel on their hands that haven't been washed since they got up that morning.

And they are totally blameless.......

if you look at the hands of most nurses they are dry and chapped from washing their hands probably 40-50 times in a shift. We know that the alcohol gels are only effective on clean hands thats why we ignore them because we wash our hands properly with soap and water for at least 15-20 seconds, as recommended.

Stop with the medical profesional bashing I say..... we shouldn't be blaming any one just educating people.

Oh yeah, and stop asking for antibiotics when they aren't needed, thats probably one of the biggedst reasons for resistant infections. Trust you docgtor or nurse to tell you when you need antibiotics, after all thats why we've done years of training.

K xx
    I spent part of today and yesterday in a major london Hospital and saw several consultants walk from an a and e ward past countless gel bottles even sinks and though into another ward area the otherside of a corridor.

I also saw nurses walk in and out of a ward for babies icu in another block and staff walk in and out of the secure area, handle goods from outside and pc keyboards never once cleaning their hands.

I know of in another london intensive care unit equipment our company provides which many of our engineers have commented to managment and staff inthe hospital that its not healthy to be less than 10 ft from a adult intensive care ward bed. We asked the managment and we offered to resite equipment for free (several Engineers offered to come in whenever as it upset them so much due to family experiences). The suits were not intrested it meant people from their side had to be involved. They are still in the same place. The engineers from our firm and others are allowed in with outside clothes, ours and others health and safety people went in to find out what our staff should do. Again nothing.
    Yet if you go in to the Hospitals research areas procedures and the clothing we would be required to wear is down to the last thickness of the glove.
    It seems we care more about labs than humans.

I also notice printers and Photocopiers in a filthy state bleching out toner and paper dust in areas where people have open wounds major incidence wards, ICU wards. These devices dont need to be in the same area its just for convenice. like many of the other equipment used in these areas i never seen them looking clean or cleaned, yet are touched by staff who are dealing with these patients no sink or gel station is gone near in the route between.

Its the lack of example i see and the dirty condtions that shock me.

I see this with my own eyes, i dont pick it up in the daily mail

I dont wish to insult anyone it just makes me angry. Im far from perfect.

When I see and hear audi visual reminders at three major hospital sites saying all should take proper precautions and follow procedures and they dont. When you follow in medical staff who walk in from the outside I see little washing or changing of clothes going on.

You see boxes lying near medical areas,patients and staff which I know were delivered to a goods in where the same staff stack up the waste and rubbish for collection when not accepting the parcels which come in. Again seen it with my own eyes.
    Seen in out of bound areas medical supplies on pallets next to waste bins in corridors in the Basement areas of a Major large hospital.

I dont blame the staff many complain along with me and others about the condtions. But the managment have never wanted to work with us to ensure higher standards so I think i can see where the problem arises with spreadsheet shufflers rather than people trying to do the Job.

Only time i have had Antibiotics once in my memory and that was due to an infection of a mosie bite i picked up in da phills.

What am I supposed to drink now on my next visit?
    Still in several London hospitals if i find a full one i'll email it to you

True Scenario:
    Shelf stacker in supermarket is bursting for a , so runs the loo....finishes, and as per health & safety, washed his hands throughly. He then exits by grabbing the door handle, and in the process transfers hundreds of other peoples germs and pee onto his hands.

He then returns to stacking the cakes & bread.

You come in, buy a box of cakes, touching the outer box. Get back to your car starving, open the cake box and grab one.....guess what you have just transferred onto your food?

....and yet this has been going on for centuries, and I don't hear of folk dropping dead, as it is these things that build up our immune system. If everything was sterile, we would drop dead from the first germ we come across.

Smile

....and yet this has been going on for centuries, and I don't hear of folk dropping dead, as it is these things that build up our immune system. If everything was sterile, we would drop dead from the first germ we come across.
    EXACTLY!!!!

When I think back 5 years to when I was a young lad, we didn't have 'sell by' dates or 'consume by.'
    I have survived to be the fine example of strapping young manhood that you see before you today.
    This issue is akin to Political Correctness - which we all have to endure these days - we take things too far and too literally (in my opinion.)

Al.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    When I think back 5 years to when I was a young lad.....
    You've missed the '0' after the 5 Al!!!

Smile

You've missed the '0' after the 5 Al!!!
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Al.

Thread Information