Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Does UK turn down visa for genuine Filipino backpackers?

I understand UK has to defend herself from TNTs but to do so, do they also have to turn down genuine backpackers from the PI? I have read the vaf form and I understand the basic requirements. But I wonder what sort of evidences are sufficient for the ECO to grant visa to a backpacking applicant? Let's say for applicant A, he has little money in his bank account, but he has a land title of a prime lot, and also has a substantial amount in his time deposit and mutual funds. Applicant B does not have a title or time deposit, but his bank account reaches say...P400,000. His parents has also pledged to support him throughout the trip and provided a copy of their own bank accounts as proof. Which of the two applicants is more likely to be granted a visa?

Thanks.

who knows. both could get it, one of them or none of them...

it all comes down to the case workers interpretation of 'on the balance of probabilities' of your evidence that you will return before your visa expires

So it's like playing a dice.

yes it is for many cases, search on here and you'll find people with lots of evidence and sponsors evidence and have been refused, and also then you'll find some people who didn't have much evidence at all and they got a visa

it's a lottery for many

Say my application is rejected, would the record keep me from obtaining a visa in other commonwealth countries such as New Zealand?

For some reason, I felt intimidated.

i would have thought immigration information is shared btw commonwealth countries, so i would not lie on an app, but no, a previous failed app, should not effect any future visa apps, unless you tried to obtain one by fraud, in which case in the uk, you could face a ban from entering the uk for a number of years.

the saying goes 'tell a lie, wave your visa goodbye '

I'm not trying to put you off, many people fail a VV, but it's always worth trying

Yeah, I don't see any point in lying. If I get accepted I get one. If I don't I don't.

Another stumper in the form is the address where I'll be staying. I have a close friend (white English girl) living in London and she actually offered that I stay in her flat throughout my trip. We are not in a relationship. In fact her bf lives with her and he does not object my visit. How do I explain that to the ECO? Even close relatives of a UK citizen are denied a visa, how much difficult for me to obtain one in my case? Besides, for a guy I do feel embarrassed to sleep in her place. Furthermore, she lives in Southeast London. The fun trips I believe are in the West and the Northwest part of the city (although she offers to drive to those sites for me). Now if I opt to stay in a hostel, should I reserve a room online and write the address on the form? What if I were denied? I'd be paying for *******s!

What should I write then?

davao city phil. but currently here in uk
    Quote Originally Posted by srvfan View Post
    Yeah, I don't see any point in lying. If I get accepted I get one. If I don't I don't.

Another stumper in the form is the address where I'll be staying. I have a close friend (white English girl) living in London and she actually offered that I stay in her flat throughout my trip. We are not in a relationship. In fact her bf lives with her and he does not object my visit. How do I explain that to the ECO? Even close relatives of a UK citizen are denied a visa, how much difficult for me to obtain one in my case? Besides, for a guy I do feel embarrassed to sleep in her place. Furthermore, she lives in Southeast London. The fun trips I believe are in the West and the Northwest part of the city (although she offers to drive to those sites for me). Now if I opt to stay in a hostel, should I reserve a room online and write the address on the form? What if I were denied? I'd be paying for *******s!

What should I write then?
    In my opinion Applicant A has the more percentage to be approved especially if u can ask a letter from ur friend that she is inviting u and wiling to accomodate in her flat while u are in uk.Her letter is a big help especially she is a british citizen.In the application put her address, on the portion ask where u gonna stay.If u have a business or nice job in phil. give evidence on it.Its one of the proof that u wl return.Bank balance on statement as proof doesnt matter if it have a big balance, as long as it is moving.Only try to provide a certification from the bank about the money time deposit aside from the 6 mos. bank statement on moving account.If can provide a land tittle much better.If u are an employee, produce a certification from employer. Or if u have a business provide DTI, business permit and income tax return.All of those i mention is a big help for a positive approval. From your friend, who is a british citizen, its just her xerox copy of passport and the letter of invitation from her addressed to British Embassy Manila,Its more effective if its on a handwritten.

tell the truth, that a close friend who lives with her b/f is sponsoring your accommodation, get her to write a letter stating that you're welcome to stay there for x number of wks for free?.

i wouldn't expect to get a VV, but if you have good evidence then I'm sure your chances will increase

have you any family in the uk who can sponsor you?, as for family members , if your refused your more likely to have a right to appeal, and if you're evidence is good, then I'm sure if you appealed against it, you have like a 66% chance of being successful

^^I concur. It's quite a story. When you grow older, close friends with the opposite sex are becoming less likely. I also befriended a Welsh girl who happens to be happily married. But I'm not that close with her.

Perhaps the first question the ECO may ask is, "Are you gay?"

We are a close knit Chinese family. No, I don't have any relatives in the UK. So far, I have been only in key cities in China and HK. If I made it, UK would be the first non-Asian country for me to visit.

I've got an idea. I've discovered that our neighbor owns a travel agency. I could simply consult her regarding these matters. Let her worry about what I'm worrying right now.

Thread Information