Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie (Restricted Access)

trying to bring my gf to UK

Hi, I am keith with a beautiful filipina gf in antipolo, i have been her bf for a year now and i tried to bring her here by sponsering her for a holiday but the embassy were less than helpful, so i intend to go to her in February and bring her back on a fiance visa, do any of u have experience which would be of value to me. I love this girl so much.

Hi Keith

If you intend to bring her back on your trip to the Philippines you will need to anticipate spending 10 - 12 weeks there as once the visa application is submitted you can expect to wait about 9 weeks for a decision.

My fiance and myself met twice: September 2007 and then I returned in March/April for 3 weeks during which we prepared everything for the visa application. This was submitted on April 14th and we received a successful result on June 13th. Daisy came back to London with me after my 3rd visit on July 23rd. We have a wedding arranged for November 15th.

Document everything you do. Keep logs of your chats and phone calls and then your travel details. Keep receipts of hotels and restaurants and travel you do together. Take photographs.

This is in addition to the evidence of employment, financial standing, etc which you will need to provide with the application. The application may seem daunting - but as long as you have the evidence to hand it should be straightforward. And the Guidance Notes should answer many questions.

There is plenty of good advice in the forums on this and similar sites. Most people who are successful with their application admit that their success is due in large part to the advice and support received here.

Good Luck

Welcome to the FORUM

Hello and welcome to the forum!!!
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

hi welcome...
    ..there is one way to true and lasting peace....THAT WAY IS GOD'S WILL

welcome to the forum!

Hi Keith,
    Welcome to the forum. when applying for a fiancee visa you will also have to have evidence of an impending wedding, ie, proof of a provisional booking for both the wedding and the reception.
    Iain.

welcome here

Welcome to the forum..

hello,

welcome to the forum.

"Chains do not hold a marriage together.It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.That is what makes a marriage last - more than passion or even sex..."

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Hi Keith,
    Welcome to the forum. when applying for a fiancee visa you will also have to have evidence of an impending wedding, ie, proof of a provisional booking for both the wedding and the reception.
    Iain.
    Is it really necessary? or are there approved fiance visa's without this provisional booking?

The usual advice here is to have a booking for the wedding, reception, caterers, etc and to be able to produce letters and provisional bookings for these items

The ECO has to believe that there is an intention for you to get married within the 6 months period of the visa.

I have to say that we got our visa without this. We mentioned our intention to get married in the covering letters and the likely date, size and venue. It was an area where I think the application may have been weak.

Had Daisy been called for an interview she would have been able to produce a letter with a provisional booking from the registry office - I only arranged this after the visa application had been submitted.

As it turned out we had to change the provisional date anyway.

WELCOME aboard...
    Hope this could somehow help you both!!

Greetings,
    Jan and Yen

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xebec View Post
    The usual advice here is to have a booking for the wedding, reception, caterers, etc and to be able to produce letters and provisional bookings for these items

The ECO has to believe that there is an intention for you to get married within the 6 months period of the visa.
    Here's part of the official guidance, which states evidence of wedding plans may help but is not essential.

The Entry Clearance Office (ECO) needs to be satisfied that it is intended that a marriage in the UK will take place. Any evidence that may be available that wedding arrangements are in hand may help in this respect. Failing that, the ECO can reasonably expect you to have made some tentative plans for the wedding. The ECO will, however, be aware from our published procedures that "the law relating to marriage in England and Wales does not allow for any arrangements to be made with a Registrar until the foreign national has arrived in the UK".

hiya!welcome aboard

Respected Member

fiance visa

hi keith.
    im sammy, new to the forum, as regards to getting your philipino gf here under a fiance visa may i first suggest as i did you go back to phils and both take a holiday to nearby Thailand/singapore/ or hong kong..... as you both wont need a visa to travel there. keep your boarding stubs for the trip as its proof you flew together and prooves your relationship. this shows she has left the phils and returned and passport stamped. Only costs about £120 each for the flights. My gf and I done this on my second visit to phils, after i returned to the uk she applied for a 6months visit visa and was accepted no problem, also write many long letters from both of you keep phone cards,phone bills. money transfers, this will all help. we are now applying for a 5 year visit visa as we are not ready to marry yet, but if you apply for a marriage visa it should not be a problem, oh and dont foret if you own your home send mortgage payment copies and council tax copies. any more questions ill be happy to advise.

Hi Sammy...i'm very interested about that 5 year visit visa. pls keep us posted regarding the status.

Thanks.

Mavid

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mavid View Post
    Hi Sammy...i'm very interested about that 5 year visit visa. pls keep us posted regarding the status.

Thanks.

Mavid
    Bear in mind that it's a visit visa which is valid for 5 years, but you can only stay for up to 180 days in any one visit. Which basically means you could spend 6 months here in the UK, but then you should return home for 6 months.

I'd personally be surprised if a 5 year visit visa was issued to a single Filipina with a British boyfriend, but I guess it's worth a try.

Hi Kieth,

I am trying to get my girl to go home but no amount of persuasion will make her go, I tried P30,000 a month, then I up it to P40,000 Then P50,000 a month, then I made her my final offer, of P80,000 a month, still she wont go, I just thought its funny how many of you are trying to get your girl to UK, when they get here, they cost you more, its cheaper to send them back.

Ask others ?

Quote Originally Posted by ginapeterb View Post
    Hi Kieth,

I am trying to get my girl to go home but no amount of persuasion will make her go, I tried P30,000 a month, then I up it to P40,000 Then P50,000 a month, then I made her my final offer, of P80,000 a month, still she wont go, I just thought its funny how many of you are trying to get your girl to UK, when they get here, they cost you more, its cheaper to send them back.

Ask others ?
    Kuya Peter it's just because we can't leave u here all alone by urself..like my hubby, he also tries on bribing me just to go home this Christmas but I really dont like especially if he's not coming with me because I will be worried if he eats on time and who will look after him but he keeps on saying that he's been independent even before we met..

I dont know maybe its just because I LOVE HIM so much..

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ginapeterb View Post
    Hi Kieth,

Ask others ?
    Perhaps, she does not trust you to be alone?

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    Bear in mind that it's a visit visa which is valid for 5 years, but you can only stay for up to 180 days in any one visit. Which basically means you could spend 6 months here in the UK, but then you should return home for 6 months.

I'd personally be surprised if a 5 year visit visa was issued to a single Filipina with a British boyfriend, but I guess it's worth a try.
    yes, i would be surprised if you got a 5yr visit visa, you might have been lucky getting your first one, more chance of getting a 5yr one if its for a family member .

but like darren said , it's worth a try

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    yes, i would be surprised if you got a 5yr visit visa, you might have been lucky getting your first one, more chance of getting a 5yr one if its for a family member .

but like darren said , it's worth a try

That's why i'm very interested to know the outcome.

Goodluck!

i think the 6 months max stay is only for guidance, but some immigration officers would be suspicious if you stayed longer, and question why you're really are in the uk and could refuse you from entering the uk

4. FREQUENCY AND DURATION OF VISITS
    IDI/ Feb 2006
    There is no restriction on the number of visits a person may make to the
    United Kingdom nor any requirement that a specified time must elapse
    between successive visits. The fact that a person has made a series of visits with only brief intervals between them would not, in the absence of any other relevant factors, constitute sufficient ground for refusal.

It is reasonable, however, for the immigration officer to consider the stated purpose of the visit in the light of the length of time that has elapsed since previous visits. A visitor should not, for example, normally spend more than 6 out of any 12 months in this country (but see Section 3 of this chapter in the case of visitors for private medical treatment).

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i think the 6 months max stay is only for guidance, but some immigration officers would be suspicious if you stayed longer, and question why you're really are in the uk and could refuse you from entering the uk
    The immigration rules do actually state a maximum of 6 months in any one visit.

"41. The requirements to be met by a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom as a visitor are that he:

(i) is genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period as stated by him, not exceeding 6 months; and

(ii) intends to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the period of the visit as stated by him; and

42. A person seeking leave to enter to the United Kingdom as a visitor may be admitted for a period not exceeding 6 months, subject to a condition prohibiting employment, provided the Immigration Officer is satisfied that each of the requirements of paragraph 41 is met."

Newbie (Restricted Access) Enigma_Gurl's Avatar
    Hi Kieth,

Ask others ?

Why do you wanna send back home your girl????

Respected Member
    A fiance visa is ONLY intended for people who can prove they will get married. If you use a fiance simply for a holiday you will be breaching the conditions of the vias and it may mean she can never get a visa again. The British embassy is not helpful regarding visitor visas because they are very hard to get.

If you want to marry her, marry her. If you just want to be bf and gf then you will need to keep visiting her in the Philippines!

One final word of advice: don't be tempted to use an agency to get a visa; read this forum very thoroughly and you will find everything you need here.

Welcome to the forum.

The immigration rules do actually state a maximum of 6 months in any one visit.

"41. The requirements to be met by a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom as a visitor are that he:

(i) is genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period as stated by him, not exceeding 6 months; and

(ii) intends to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the period of the visit as stated by him; and

42. A person seeking leave to enter to the United Kingdom as a visitor may be admitted for a period not exceeding 6 months, subject to a condition prohibiting employment, provided the Immigration Officer is satisfied that each of the requirements of paragraph 41 is met."
    your right about the max stay is 6 months in one visit, but i don't think it's written anywhere in immigration law says you can only stay in the uk 6 months in anyone year, i know of many people who have stayed 6 months, gone to Europe for 2 or 3 wks and come back to the UK. but like i said immigration officers will not like it, and will probably question you about it.and could refuse you entry to the uk. so not a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma_Gurl View Post
    Hi Kieth,

Ask others ?

Why do you wanna send back home your girl????
    I just negotiated 1000chf/mo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information