Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Exclamation Applying For Fiancee Visa..please Help!!!

Hi!
    Let me tell you about me and my bf. Im 24yo and my bf is 27yo. We met last 2007 in a pet shop in mega mall ( as we are both dog lovers) accidentally looked at each others eyes then he said "hi!" of course he is good looking so I said "hi" in return. Then he started a conversation about his bulldog named cooper until the conversation went good then he asked me for a cup of coffee. He seemed nice and gentleman ( i think! LOL!) so, I said ok. We went to startbucks then had a chat about our dogs then went to our life stories...then love life..We talked for almost 6hrs and that day i knew that he can drink as much as 4 cups of coffee without having a palpitation. He was here because he went for a vacation with his filipino workmate that lives in Northern Luzon. Then we parted ways when his filipino buddy arrived to pick him up. That was the first and last time that we met each other. Just a constant txt mesages and phone calls. When he went back to UK, we just meet online and talk on Skype. After 4 months of friendship, our relationship started and after 6 months of the relationship we decided to apply for a fiancee visa. My worries are, we don't have proof that we already met personally because we never thought of taking our pictures together when we met. Is it going to be a big issue with the application? Hoping for your replies. Thank you so much!

Cheers!

let him do visit u intentionally for second time, you couldn't just say you've met but without any proofs to show, take loads of pictures once he decided to come over and keep all the evidence that needed....(you can start from there...) everyone can say we've met though it wasn't..... thats just my piece of cents...!

Quote Originally Posted by marylen View Post
    let him do visit u intentionally for second time, you couldn't just say you've met but without any proofs to show, take loads of pictures once he decided to come over and keep all the evidence that needed....(you can start from there...) everyone can say we've met though it wasn't..... thats just my piece of cents...!
    I agree to you sis
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

The Embassy demands tangible proofs of your personal meeting (i.e. photos of you together, e-ticket print out, immigration stamp in his passport during his trip here in PI). They won't take your word for it. If you want to have a very favorable result on your fiancee visa application, tell your fiance to come here to PI again so that you can generate evidence of your meeting.
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

Thanks for the advices. One more question..because from this site, http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/visafees.aspx...it says that Marriage / Civil partnership is 65GBP but on the lower part of the page it says that Marriage / civil partnership is 515GBP..We are confused now.Do you know how much is the fiancee visa fee? Thanks

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by faithgareth View Post
    Thanks for the advices. One more question..because from this site, http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/visafees.aspx...it says that Marriage / Civil partnership is 65GBP but on the lower part of the page it says that Marriage / civil partnership is 515GBP..We are confused now.Do you know how much is the fiancee visa fee? Thanks

Cheers!
    Fiancee is under Settlement so the fee is 515 GBP (46350 in PI peso)

Category - settlement
    Husband / wife / civil partner
    46350 515
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

good luck faithgareth..
    ..there is one way to true and lasting peace....THAT WAY IS GOD'S WILL

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by menchkin View Post
    The Embassy demands tangible proofs of your personal meeting (i.e. photos of you together, e-ticket print out, immigration stamp in his passport during his trip here in PI). They won't take your word for it. If you want to have a very favorable result on your fiancee visa application, tell your fiance to come here to PI again so that you can generate evidence of your meeting.
    mench is right they need to see proofs that you have met in person and have spend time together. also you need to make sure you have made at least a provisional preparation for your oncoming wedding(church or civl registrar booking very important, catering etc...).
    anyways, goodluck on your application.....

Thanks fhara..thanks everybody. What we have is just a paper from the civil registrar that states the requirements for a civil wedding. Thanks guys! I will tell him tonight about the provisional preparations. Thank you so much for the advices

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demlyn888 View Post
    mench is right they need to see proofs that you have met in person and have spend time together. also you need to make sure you have made at least a provisional preparation for your oncoming wedding(church or civl registrar booking very important, catering etc...).
    anyways, goodluck on your application.....
    Wedding bookings can help, but are not essential. As just because you have booked a venue, caterers, etc, it doesn't actually mean you will go ahead with the wedding.

Respected Member
    Thanks fhara..thanks everybody. What we have is just a paper from the civil registrar that states the requirements for a civil wedding. Thanks guys! I will tell him tonight about the provisional preparations. Thank you so much for the advices
    You really ought to ask him to arrange another visit to the Philippines first as you are likely to have difficulty persuading the ECO that you are going to get married based on just a 6 hour meeting in a coffee shop a year ago which was prior to you being in a relationship.

it says that Marriage / Civil partnership is 65GBP but on the lower part of the page it says that Marriage / civil partnership is 515GBP..We are confused now.
    The £65 is under category 'Visit'. The £515 is under category 'settlement'.

If you are married and plan to make a short visit to UK, you will pay £65.

If you are married, and intend to live in UK as a permanent resident, you will pay £515.

If you are applying for a visa to allow you to come to UK with the intention of marrying and applying for permanent residency, then you require 'Marriage' visa, which is also under category 'settlement' and you will pay £515.

ask him to visit u again and start to collect all ur evidences.and keep reading forum for the other information..goodluck

"You don't have to be a certain age to fall in love;
    although you've maybe been told you're to young.
    For those who tell you that,
    that don't know what is.
    "

Hi!

My bf arrived here last 10th of Jan and leaving in 2 days..i feel very sad...it's hard not to have him beside me when I go to sleep at night....huhuhu...thanks for all the advices. Now, that we have enough evidence that we already met, we will work out my fiancee visa ASAP...is there any chance that it will take more than 3 months for fiancee visa? and would it be possible that it will be less than 3 months?

Cheers!
    Faith

My bf arrived last 10th of Jan and will be leaving in 2 days...we are both feeling very sad..we both know that we will have a hard time sleeping at night but need to hang on and stay stronger...

Now that we have enough evidence that we met personaly, we will apply for my fiancee visa ASAP. Is there a chance that fiancee visa will take more than 3 months and is there also a chance that it will be lesser than 3 months?

Thanks!

Faith

Banned
    Is there a chance that fiancee visa will take more than 3 months and is there also a chance that it will be lesser than 3 months? Faith
    never heard any member on the forum that they have thier visa for more than 3 months,but it will lesser than 3 months ,yes it can be 2 months lang
    Good luck

good luck faithgareth and ask him to visit u again godbless!!!

Banned

girl in england

Quote Originally Posted by girl england View Post
    good luck faithgareth and ask him to visit u again godbless!!!
    My bf arrived last 10th of Jan and will be leaving in 2 days...
    Faith
    Yes,He did visit again

Hello Faith , i remember you

You can now apply for a Fiancee Visa gather all ur evidences that you have.Pictures,chatlogs,emails,gift receipt,western union.Also dont forget to ask ur bf to send u his latest bank statement.

all other informations u will get here, just read the forum and click the SEARCH FUNCTION.

Goodluck and God bless you

"You don't have to be a certain age to fall in love;
    although you've maybe been told you're to young.
    For those who tell you that,
    that don't know what is.
    "

goodluck to your application

I am sure you will get it as soon as possible! Have faith!

Thanks to you all. We don't have that much chat logs because we talk through skype on video call..and not much email too...would that be ok?

Thanks from me and gareth
    This forum makes our application much easier

One more...
    For the wedding schedule, we are thinking if we are going to apply for my fiancee visa next month - Feb, would it be ok if we will book our wedding on March? Is a set date for our wedding will help my application?

Thanks again...

Respected Member
    I don't think it is a good idea to put March as the proposed wedding date. The visa application is likely to take 12-13 weeks. After that time, you have to arrange flights etc (if there is a positive outcome). I think you should realistically be looking at a July-September wedding.

Thanks to you all. We don't have that much chat logs because we talk through skype on video call..and not much email too...would that be ok?

Thanks from me and gareth
    This forum makes our application much easier

One more...
    For the wedding schedule, we are thinking if we are going to apply for my fiancee visa next month - Feb, would it be ok if we will book our wedding on March? Is a set date for our wedding will help my application?

Thanks again...

I think you will have to allow more than 3 months to be safe because it may take up to 3 months for the visa to come through.

Iain.

Hi!

Why not get married in Philippines and apply for spouse visa instead?

We didn't have enough time to get married when he was here...

Is it possible to pay the visa fee through credit card?

Thanks!

Banned
    We didn't have enough time to get married when he was here...

Thanks!
    no,should pay to the designated bank or manager's cheque

Thanks!
    hi faith,

try this link.

http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/where.aspx

hope it helps..Goodluck..

Quote Originally Posted by Ady View Post
    I don't think it is a good idea to put March as the proposed wedding date. The visa application is likely to take 12-13 weeks. After that time, you have to arrange flights etc (if there is a positive outcome). I think you should realistically be looking at a July-September wedding.

Hello Ady, hope you dont mind me asking, how many weeks since your fiance lodge her application?....

thanks mrs jmajor and kimmi..

just want to clarify if fiancee visa turn around time is still 3 months.
    and should I photo copy all the documents?
    thanks to you all

Thread Information