Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

davao city phil. but currently here in uk

Help!!!!microsoft window xp stops loading

Is there anyone here who can help me or advice, what will i do with my desktop comp.???When starting it and loading the window microsoft, it will just suddenly stops and makes the screen blank, but i can still hear the cpu still working or running.What will i do??? I remember, the last time i used it before that problem came, i download a screensaver that just suddenly came out on the screen that makes me attract and download it.It works perfect the screensaver.Its a 3D. Then i off the computer after and went to bed.
    When i woke up following morning and start the computer, the mouse dont work so i re start the comp. but when re starting it...the problem now occurs.I start again and again, but still same problem goes out.Until now i cant do anything about it.Thats why im using now the old CPU ive got here just to hv something to use.But this old one annoys me coz so slow...Pls help me.Is there a big problem on this? Is it the hard disk?

first thing to try

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000626.htm

if it does work, then download a latest virus scanner, may well be a virus/trojan that caused it.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    first thing to try

if it does work, then download a latest virus scanner, may well be a virus/trojan that caused it.
    tnx joebloggs...il try now.Il come back whatever...

london well away from those people up norf
    Joe has a good suggestion.

If the last know good config doesn'y work as you have already booted to the windows screen. Then have you tried pressing F8 and loading safe mode?

This will load up the most basic version of windows and from there you can try and sort out the problem.

When working on such a problem have a pen and paper make notes of everything you do and see. Will help you later on.

If you can load in safe mode see if your cd drive works then download anti virus and spyware removers. Then see what you can do.

If you just want the pc up and running have you a back up? Failing that do you have xp disk or a system restore disk which many pc firms supply instead of a xp disk.

Good luck

first thing to try

hi again,
    i hv tried it again and again just now i stopped, but still doesnt work.Its starts loading the windows microsoft but after few seconds, about 1 min. it stops or just auto out of screen or give me blank screen and i can still hear the cpu running.I tried in advance option menu under last known good configuration.The result after pressing enter,it starts loading but stops or dis appear after few seconds..Ive tried running thru safe mode...but i cant get thru..it gives me stuck messages.When i re start same came olut again and again starting loading and dis appear..What else can i do???

Boot in SAFE MODE (Click F8 a few times as soon as you boot up) and do a System Restors (Tools Menu) ...... make sure the screensaver is uninstalled as well while in Safe Mode.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Boot in SAFE MODE (Click F8 a few times as soon as you boot up) and do a System Restors (Tools Menu) ...... make sure the screensaver is uninstalled as well while in Safe Mode.
    tnx boss keith, il try it now and come back later what ever too...

the last solution is to reformat your computer but then you will lost all your files and data in your computer or better get a computer technician...
    Filipina a born survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by eljean View Post
    the last solution is to reformat your computer but then you will lost all your files and data in your computer or better get a computer technician...
    You NEVER reformat, never any need!

its what we do as a quick fix
    Filipina a born survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by eljean View Post
    its what we do as a quick fix
    Me/we as well. A quick ghost of all the basic apps and download a recent back of the my docs and off they go.

Harder in a houshold situation granted but thats what the phill half of the family use if no one able to sort a issue out on one of da puters.

Seen to many people in tears when there only copies of pictures, work files disspaear for ever.

When HDD's go kaput which happens quite often for various reasons.
    I know of cases where people were so desperate for files on the deceased Hdd's they were prepared to pay hundreds of pounds for them to be professionally read plate by plate (even then there is no gurantee sadly)

A major local goverment buliding had a power failure recently and it took out many pcs some departments due to no back up policy were very badly affected. This has happened to other organisations i know of.

The lesson is as 99 percent of the people learn and start doing although a little late is back up regularly at least the files which are yours and unique.

Keep them in several places and on various medias, its worth the time and hassle trust me.

but if you need to sort the problem out you need to find out what is affecting the pc. If you had a "pop up" appear it sounds like you have some form of malware on the computer.

Can you now get in to windows at all?

Also can you use the keys to move around the Icons?

heres one example
    http://www.xrds-secure.org/artman/pu...inter_21.shtml

I know of many examples where companies dont use mice or other pointing devices to move round windows. In fact it can be a lot quicker to just use keys.

If you can do everything other than use the mouse you may be able to scan the pc for malware with various free programs.

I hope you get it sorted

tnx for all the advices here.. ive done it all. The last recourse i did is to reformat. so its done now and working...Have download already a virus protection...

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    I know of cases where people were so desperate for files on the deceased Hdd's they were prepared to pay hundreds of pounds for them to be professionally read plate by plate (even then there is no gurantee sadly)
    do these companies read tea leafs as well
    i think you mean platters

is your hdd like this andy ?

I agree, you can replace your programs, but your data unless you have a backup, with the cost of 2gb usb devices now only like £7, there is no excuse or reason not to back your data up , especially if your going to need it as evidence for a visa app. and if your a company and don't back data up, your playing Russian roulette with a loaded gun

Quote Originally Posted by gemini63 View Post
    tnx for all the advices here.. ive done it all. The last recourse i did is to reformat. so its done now and working...Have download already a virus protection...
    Well if the above steps failed, the next was to run the FIX from Safe Mode which sorts out 99.9% boot-up problems without losing any data!

do these companies read tea leafs as well
    i think you mean platters

is your hdd like this andy ?

I agree, you can replace your programs, but your data unless you have a backup, with the cost of 2gb usb devices now only like £7, there is no excuse or reason not to back your data up , especially if your going to need it as evidence for a visa app. and if your a company and don't back data up, your playing Russian roulette with a loaded gun

No we use China plates far more greener

One real good example is a person at my Company doused their laptop in some water (always good to clean them ) and just for one excel file i belive which was stored on this one device and no where else as they didn't back it up. They were charged about 600 pounds and suffered a nervewracking wait.

I think it was the cheaper option otherwise the information contained would have cost thousands to recreate

Not the company but the person had to pay up, all beacuse they didn't back up (didn't follow company procedure) and then took the laptop for a swiming lesson.

Thread Information