Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Lightbulb Why nice mobile phones but unfit drinking water?

Why do the Philippines people have mobile phones but they don't have clean water.Whats the deal with that? Someone should get their priorities right before buying load

Okay reason for posting.. I put this to my little step daughter (who is only 12) see if she can think about the reasons at school

But I put it to the forum. See what you think..

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    hmmm, who said philippines don't have clean water?? when my hubby and son goes back home they sometimes drink tap water and they're alright.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Probably because in a free and democratic society the people get to buy what they want, Hi-Fi's, 4x4's, MOBILES....etc.......Whereas water is supplied by business/government.

That's how democracy & capitalism work. You can always move to N Korea if you don't like it ......in fact under Broooon...it's starting to look like an option!
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    ......in fact under Broooon...it's starting to look like an option!

Quote Originally Posted by gary2jessica View Post
    Why do the Philippines people have mobile phones but they don't have clean water.Whats the deal with that? Someone should get their priorities right before buying load

Okay reason for posting.. I put this to my little step daughter (who is only 12) see if she can think about the reasons at school

But I put it to the forum. See what you think..
    We do have clean water here but I guess some area doens't or it will depend to individual who has sensitive tummy in drinking tap water

But I agree to your sentiment about your step daughter's priority buying mobile load compare to other useful things same to my cousin who is 11 years old she's not taking snack break just to pay for her mobile load when my aunt discover what she's doing, she captured mobile and never return it again
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

I'm not convinced about the quality of water at Ruby's parents' house. The drinking water comes from a well, about 500m from the house, which has been certified as fit for human consumption by the relevant authority. However, I avoid drinking it.

Respected Member
    Clean drinking water takes massive state investment, which will only be provided in a society where a) the government is truly accountable to the people and b) the government has sufficient tax revenues or a way of charging people fairly for the water. The benefit to society is reduced mortality and reduced illness, particularly among children.

Could it be that obtaining back handers from profitable mobile phone companies is a more important priority for the Philippine government than investing precious resources in something which will not make a profit?

Tap water in Davao City is fine.Its classed by the UN as the second best drinking water in the world.I drink it without any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    Clean drinking water takes massive state investment, which will only be provided in a society where a) the government is truly accountable to the people and b) the government has sufficient tax revenues or a way of charging people fairly for the water. The benefit to society is reduced mortality and reduced illness, particularly among children.

Could it be that obtaining back handers from profitable mobile phone companies is a more important priority for the Philippine government than investing precious resources in something which will not make a profit?
    I think the problem is not the water, but what happens to sewage. water from the sky and from a stream is perfectly safe to drink.. provided there is no livestock upstream from the stream.

similarly, water from wells and springs is ok, provided it is not contaminated by sewage.

Thread Information