Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Smile Seeking for Advice

Hello readers,

My name is mafets. I got this site while looking for a forum of Filipinos living in UK. I just want to ask several questions about living in UK.

My mom will be leaving for London to work. I just want to seek for further advice on what's the right thing to do when living in UK. Like how do I go about the attitudes of brits and and cost of living. My mom also plans to take me there after sometime so I just want to know if what's the preferred way to apply jobs in uk.. is it better to trust on some agencies in the Philippines while looking for a suitable job there.. or is it better that i look jobs when I arrived.

Thanks and hoping for all concerned people soon.

Thanks

hello

do you work ? are you dependant on your mom? i'm wondering how your mom is going to get you to the uk if your 21 yrs old

cost of living in uk is very high now

hi mafets,

welcome to the forum.

Goodluck to your mom who will be coming here in UK.Just keep on reading and searching on the threads here and you will learn a lot of things about mostly the life here in the UK.

i guess, since you're mom will be working here, she may be able to sponsor you to come here, then i guess, its better if you apply a job directly from here coz if you apply through an agency there it will cost you a lot more.

Goodluck and all the best.

"Chains do not hold a marriage together.It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.That is what makes a marriage last - more than passion or even sex..."

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    it is a lot harder to get a child from the philippines if they are over 18, minors doesnt seem to be to hard but i have heard of friends trying to get their children here but cant coz they are over 18. if ur mum want to bring you here best to do it before u reach adulthood... how old are you?
    cost of living here is so very high. but its not too bad if you have a decent job.
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    hello

do you work ? are you dependant on your mom? i'm wondering how your mom is going to get you to the uk if your 21 yrs old

cost of living in uk is very high now
    Hello,

I am already 21 years old. I have a younger sister aged 14 and she'll be joining my mom when she flies to London. I will be left here in the Philippines temporarily but she said that she'd make a way for me to get there. I am already working so I guess the best thing is to also find a work for me so I can be with my mom and sister in London.

Do you have other suggestions?

T appreciate your reply.

God bless

if your are already working, then you are not really dependant on your mother.

did you go to uni?, how long have you been working ?

the only way your mother could get you to the uk, would be if you was dependant on her and had evidence to prove it, as under uk law (18yrs old) and even european law (21yr) your not a minor. and may well have to make your own way to the uk, either work permit, tier 1, marriage to a brit or a student visa

i wish you luck thou

Quote Originally Posted by maria_and_matt View Post
    it is a lot harder to get a child from the philippines if they are over 18, minors doesnt seem to be to hard but i have heard of friends trying to get their children here but cant coz they are over 18. if ur mum want to bring you here best to do it before u reach adulthood... how old are you?
    cost of living here is so very high. but its not too bad if you have a decent job.
    Thanks. I am already 21 turning 22 by October and had worked for a year. I just want to know if this is possible. For example, if I go there as a tourist and then decide to migrate since my mom is there? Would they allow a tourist to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by jbt View Post
    hi mafets,

welcome to the forum.

Goodluck to your mom who will be coming here in UK.Just keep on reading and searching on the threads here and you will learn a lot of things about mostly the life here in the UK.

i guess, since you're mom will be working here, she may be able to sponsor you to come here, then i guess, its better if you apply a job directly from here coz if you apply through an agency there it will cost you a lot more.

Goodluck and all the best.

Thanks. I will try to apply directly.

Quote Originally Posted by mafetsferrer View Post
    Thanks. I am already 21 turning 22 by October and had worked for a year. I just want to know if this is possible. For example, if I go there as a tourist and then decide to migrate since my mom is there? Would they allow a tourist to do it?
    no, sad to say, you've got little chance of being able to live with your mom in the uk

like i said, you would have to make your own way, either workpermit - which are harder to get all the time, tier 1 - highly skilled visa, or you marry a brit or european who lives in the uk or a student visa and uni fees are really high.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    no, sad to say, you've got little chance of being able to live with your mom in the uk

like i said, you would have to make your own way, either workpermit - which are harder to get all the time, tier 1 - highly skilled visa, or you marry a brit or european who lives in the uk or a student visa and uni fees are really high.

Thanks!

I somehow understand now how things work. Well, If its God's will for me to live there.. I know He'll make a way.. thank you so much for sharing all these info.

May you be blessed

GOD BLESS YOU sis on all your plans.. Yes GOD will make a way.

WELCOME to the forum...

welcome and goodluck to you

Thread Information