Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    london well away from those people up norf

The next step ILR

It never seems to stop

CNI's, Passports,arranging wedding, gathering evidence. Then the waiting for the Visa. Then arranging the flight and supporting my Wife though the settling in period. The sorting paperwork, opening bank accounts, finding a job, sorting NI number out and of course getting a schegen visa.

Now the attention needs to be aimmed at preparing for ILR for my Wife.

I know to download the SET(M) form and to go though the requirments. But would be intresting to hear how other people are going about the process or have already?

We need plenty of evidence that the Wife is living together with me. Though joint bills,bank account in her name,official letters addressed to her such as national insurance interview letter etc.

We have over a year to prepare for submission of paperwork, but having learned from our experiences with the Visa it appears you can never start to early on these matters.

Hi Everone,

I also have a quick question in connection with AndyPaul's.... for Filipino passport holders are we allowed to apply for schengen visas from within the Uk while we are in the Uk on fiancee visa? Or do we have go home and do the application from the Philippnes/home country? Or do only get to apply for this after we are married?

Hope someone had gone through this. This site is great! More power and good luuck to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by skye
    Hi Everone,

I also have a quick question in connection with AndyPaul's.... for Filipino passport holders are we allowed to apply for schengen visas from within the Uk while we are in the Uk on fiancee visa? Or do we have go home and do the application from the Philippnes/home country? Or do only get to apply for this after we are married?

Hope someone had gone through this. This site is great! More power and good luuck to everyone!
    I know as a spouse you can apply easily for a schgen visa, but things are more complicated as a fiancee i think.

Best to read the embassys website of the country you need the visa for. You can most likely still apply, but need more evidence than as a spouse. It may also cost you money to apply, but it is free to apply as a spouse of a eu citzen.

Thank you for your reply Andypaul! Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul
    It never seems to stop

CNI's, Passports,arranging wedding, gathering evidence. Then the waiting for the Visa. Then arranging the flight and supporting my Wife though the settling in period. The sorting paperwork, opening bank accounts, finding a job, sorting NI number out and of course getting a schegen visa.

Now the attention needs to be aimmed at preparing for ILR for my Wife.

I know to download the SET(M) form and to go though the requirments. But would be intresting to hear how other people are going about the process or have already?

We need plenty of evidence that the Wife is living together with me. Though joint bills,bank account in her name,official letters addressed to her such as national insurance interview letter etc.

We have over a year to prepare for submission of paperwork, but having learned from our experiences with the Visa it appears you can never start to early on these matters.
    [quote=andypaul] It never seems to stop

AGreed (normally this would be written agreed) but our Government needs more money from you - ILR is over £300 !!!

..........and of course getting a schegen visa.

Interestingly the Shengen visa is further evidence of being together - go to the French Embassy site - google Consulate de France and see the visa section for full info

The process with SET(M) is very straightforward - if you have followed the requirments then you will get ILR in about three weeks - You can submit the application a little early we did it in month 23 from arrival

My wife does not have a bank account, she does not work. She has tried to find a job and does have an NI number - we submitted the NI Number notification letter with the application

you can never start to early on these matters.

We are now lining up stuff for her to apply for a British Passport, which includes the new Nationality exam/test - and guess what.....?

we have to pay for that also

[quote=mupsuit]
    Quote Originally Posted by andypaul
    It never seems to stop

AGreed (normally this would be written agreed) but our Government needs more money from you - ILR is over £300 !!!

..........and of course getting a schegen visa.

Interestingly the Shengen visa is further evidence of being together - go to the French Embassy site - google Consulate de France and see the visa section for full info

The process with SET(M) is very straightforward - if you have followed the requirments then you will get ILR in about three weeks - You can submit the application a little early we did it in month 23 from arrival

My wife does not have a bank account, she does not work. She has tried to find a job and does have an NI number - we submitted the NI Number notification letter with the application

you can never start to early on these matters.

We are now lining up stuff for her to apply for a British Passport, which includes the new Nationality exam/test - and guess what.....?

we have to pay for that also
    Thanks for the feedback mupsuit,

From what i have heard they have fiddled around with the ILR requirements recently but hopefully its not to much of a headache. We should have more than enough and i heard you can ask people like neighbours to write letters testifying that my Wife has been living with you if lacking in paperwork.

We have so far Two bank accounts opened in my wifes name.

letter and card from Ehinc

Water company bill in both our names.

Electric Bill in both names

National insurance letter

Letter to confirm registration with doctors and nhs card

Schgen Visa Letters

House Insurance in both names

Job contracts

I read they will acept membership of the AA or RAC!!

You can even show evidence of membership sports and social clubs or religous organsations from the version of the form im reading at present!

So i might add my wifes membership of the local libary, join the Wife up for basic AA membership and get her to be on the mailling list with the local Church.

The exam from what i have seen seems to be full of umm really useful british info.

Good luck with the passport application

Banned
    Just for a change I'm asking for advice!

How are you getting on with the ILR andypaul? Elsa will have been in the UK for 2 years/24 months on February 5th 2007, and having downloaded the famous SetM application forms.

I'll probably start the application for ILR in Mid-December, and submit it early January, along with £335 we haven't got Blimey where does this all end.

Wow, reading all the procedures, makes me dizzy......nothing's easy in this world....

Sooner or later, it will be my turn to apply for an ILR...hope we'll cope up with all the requirements and procedures....

:-)

You can make £355 in a couple of months with this http://www.system-banker.co.uk/
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
    Just for a change I'm asking for advice!

How are you getting on with the ILR andypaul? Elsa will have been in the UK for 2 years/24 months on February 5th 2007, and having downloaded the famous SetM application forms.

I'll probably start the application for ILR in Mid-December, and submit it early January, along with £335 we haven't got Blimey where does this all end.

Hi Rob

Well Elsa will be applying and hopefully getting her ILR before my Wife.

We have just been keeping an eye on the latest requirments and procedures at the moment.

We are aiming to have more than enough evidence as the goverment or at least the leader is likely to change in the next 12 months or so. So things may get tougher to win votes. Well knowing our luck its unlikely to get any easier

From the reading i have done so far as long as your Wife has done the sensible things like like enrol with the local doctor, dentist and obtain a ni number. Not got arested, is not a member of al queda. You are both on the councill tax register and paid it. Have joint bills and some in also in either of your names addressed to your joint abode.

From what i have read its also important to make sure that the evidence is spread across the two years. Ie the evidence is not all from the first six months and a little from the last six months.

But like you say the hardest part seems to be the 355 pounds and is it 500 if you apply in person

Then the next year its the British citzenship.

But like the Visa and all the other trials so far, im sure we will be looking back going what was all the fuss about?

ps Rob

If your sending application by post in december i would check that the application doesn't need to be posted earlier due to the amount of mail sent in december, that the post office has to deal with. Also is the office affected by the holidays?

It may be expensive, but I'd recommend paying the £500 as it is done, and out of the way in one day. Saves weeks of worry....and it only takes around 4hrs, the majority of which is waiting for them to print it on your visa.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    It may be expensive, but I'd recommend paying the £500 as it is done, and out of the way in one day. Saves weeks of worry....and it only takes around 4hrs, the majority of which is waiting for them to print it on your visa.
    Maybe, but you try finding 500 squids at this time of the year? Oh, and where do we have to go for this express £500 application? If its Croydon, no way, because that'll be another £30-£40 on top for travelling.

Maybe, but you try finding 500 squids at this time of the year?
    The equivalent of one lay bet I do about 20-40 a day

Banned
    Update...

So, theres me thinking, well Elsa's 2 year visa expires on Feb 28th, and then, ah, better send off that ILTR application off. BUT! I called IND for clarification about some questions on the application form - and it they told me she doesn't need to apply until 2 years AFTER arrival in the UK, in which case that will be before 15th March, so panic over for 2 more weeks, don't have to send the application till 15th February at the earliest.

I also called IND in Brum about applying in person and they also assured me that its 2 years from date of arrival in the UK - so 2 branches of IND are beating the same drum. They couldn't book an appointment anyway, as they only work 2 weeks ahead? So depending on how good my bank account is, I'll probably call back the Brum office and make an appointment after Feb 15th.

I'm not very impressed with the "call waiting" system when you call the Birmingham office - its rings 10 times then an answer phone message says "Sorry no-one here" Anyway, got through after 5 attempts, the human I spoke too, was quite, well, human unlike those in the British Embassy Manila. Looks like Elsa will miss the new requirements for the Life in the UK Test by 2 weeks, but she'll still need to take it next year.

Update...

So, theres me thinking, well Elsa's 2 year visa expires on Feb 28th, and then, ah, better send off that ILTR application off. BUT! I called IND for clarification about some questions on the application form - and it they told me she doesn't need to apply until 2 years AFTER arrival in the UK, in which case that will be before 15th March, so panic over for 2 more weeks, don't have to send the application till 15th February at the earliest.

I also called IND in Brum about applying in person and they also assured me that its 2 years from date of arrival in the UK - so 2 branches of IND are beating the same drum. They couldn't book an appointment anyway, as they only work 2 weeks ahead? So depending on how good my bank account is, I'll probably call back the Brum office and make an appointment after Feb 15th.

I'm not very impressed with the "call waiting" system when you call the Birmingham office - its rings 10 times then an answer phone message says "Sorry no-one here" Anyway, got through after 5 attempts, the human I spoke too, was quite, well, human unlike those in the British Embassy Manila. Looks like Elsa will miss the new requirements for the Life in the UK Test by 2 weeks, but she'll still need to take it next year.
    hi rob n elsa why a bit different 2years after,suppose to be you need to apply a month before the visa expiry thats what the home office adviced us. bcoz i was applied last year

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    hi rob n elsa why a bit different 2years after,suppose to be you need to apply a month before the visa expiry thats what the home office adviced us. bcoz i was applied last year
    Ok, I was told by IND that the actual expiry date of the Spouse Visa would be 2 years from date of entry into the UK, not necessarily the visa expiry date as I had thought. We did discuss this before on the forum, but I cant find the thread.

I called IND in Croydon and Birmingham and they confirmed, you need to apply within 28 days BEFORE your visa expires, not a month.

yes from what ive read sounds your right, if your visa expires end of feb, but your wife needs to be actually in the UK 2 yrs (well 23 months) before you can apply for ILR, but you can send the application within 28 days of her being 2 yrs in the UK, meaning mid feb, then she will not be breaching her visa. from what i gathered from the IND website, as long as they have your application before your visa expires, your visa is still valid until they make a decsion, even if your visa has expired while they are deciding.(your wife arrived 2wks after visa was issued)

my case is different, visa was issued mid march 2005, my wife didnt arrive in UK until ealry may, so her 2 yr visa runs out mid march this year, so she will have only been in the uk for 22 months when the visa expires, not 2 years (23 months) !!, so i need and have applied for FLR which should be granted until my wife has been here for 2 yrs, so i can apply for ILR 28 days before shes been here 2 yrs, a bit of an expensive mistake on my part.. (my wife arrived 7wks after visa was issued)

in simple terms. if you arrive in the UK more than 28 days after the visa was issued ( NOT WHEN YOU ARRIVED IN THE UK) you need to apply for FLR to extend your visa until you been here 2yrs (23 months).

ROB!! has you booked you wife for the "living in the uk " test, dont you need to do that before they will give you ILR ????
    iam booking my wife in march to do it, before they expand the chapters you need to read.

good luck with the visa

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

ROB!! has you booked you wife for the "living in the uk " test, dont you need to do that before they will give you ILR ????
    iam booking my wife in march to do it, before they expand the chapters you need to read.

good luck with the visa
    The Life in the UK Test doesn't kick in till April 1st, so Elsa will escape that by 2 weeks.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Ok, I was told by IND that the actual expiry date of the Spouse Visa would be 2 years from date of entry into the UK, not necessarily the visa expiry date as I had thought. We did discuss this before on the forum, but I cant find the thread.

I called IND in Croydon and Birmingham and they confirmed, you need to apply within 28 days BEFORE your visa expires, not a month.
    yes you right bcoz i was remember they depend what date im arrived in UK,anyway my schedule of British citizenship UK test is this coming february 19 cheer

Banned
    The application for ILR is on its way tomorrow morning, along with £335 Should be easy - we haven't any little Robs or Elsas (yet!) nor have we moved in the last 2 years, and we certainly haven't been involved in or comissioned any acts of terrorism against humanity, nor have we been financing a terrorist group (Plaid Cymru doesn't count isn't it)

Oh joy, next year it will be another £500 for naturalization . Ker-ching!

Rob,

I've still not heard anything for our app for FLR which i posted on the 24th of jan, looking at the IND web site they are processing Jan's app, so i think there is a backlog of 4-5 wks.

Iam hoping to have an answer this week or next week, and then apply for ILR start of april.

more money

The application for ILR is on its way tomorrow morning, along with £335 Should be easy - we haven't any little Robs or Elsas (yet!) nor have we moved in the last 2 years, and we certainly haven't been involved in or comissioned any acts of terrorism against humanity, nor have we been financing a terrorist group (Plaid Cymru doesn't count isn't it)

Oh joy, next year it will be another £500 for naturalization . Ker-ching!
    Good luck Elsa and Rob im sure your have no problems

Rob,

got my FLR today, until the 10th of may, stupid and waste of time and money, but thats the law

so on the 10 of April, i'll be applying for ILR, but this time it be harder, as my stepson has just turned 18, and thats an extra £335 i need to pay for him and i'll be using the post again, and save £330 !!

so i applied for FLR on the 24th of jan, got the papers back on the 21st of Feb.

saved £165 by using post instead of £500 EXPRESS FEE ! , soon there will be express roads with a toll, and the rich will have them for themselfs while us joebloggs have to use public transport

oh and another moan, my wife took her driving test yesterday, and failed because she was driving too slow ! she was doing 25mph in a 30 !!! becuase a queue of cars were building up behind her, the gov tell you reduce speed, speed kills, and next you fail for not driving to the limit !! its a test !!! what they want you to do be dead on 30pmh !! ? , i bet if she drove 35mph she be breaking the law, and fail for going too fast,,,

Banned
    Rob,

got my FLR today, until the 10th of may, stupid and waste of time and money, but thats the law

so on the 10 of April, i'll be applying for ILR, but this time it be harder, as my stepson has just turned 18, and thats an extra £335 i need to pay for him and i'll be using the post again, and save £330 !!

so i applied for FLR on the 24th of jan, got the papers back on the 21st of Feb.

saved £165 by using post instead of £500 EXPRESS FEE ! , soon there will be express roads with a toll, and the rich will have them for themselfs while us joebloggs have to use public transport

oh and another moan, my wife took her driving test yesterday, and failed because she was driving too slow ! she was doing 25mph in a 30 !!! becuase a queue of cars were building up behind her, the gov tell you reduce speed, speed kills, and next you fail for not driving to the limit !! its a test !!! what they want you to do be dead on 30pmh !! ? , i bet if she drove 35mph she be breaking the law, and fail for going too fast,,,

Good news that the FLR has come through - how much does FLR cost? Not £335 surely?

Elsa is learning to drive at the moment , I did let her loose in my car for practise, never again Poor little Corsa nearly ended up on next doors immaculate front lawn

yes rob, £335 !!! and i appiled just b4 my stepson was 18, so he went on my wifes app ( hahaha IND you just lost £335 , oh iam sure your'll find a way to get it back )

as for driving, my wife assured me she can drive, and getting the car out of the garden she managed to get the front passenger door rammed against a wall
    , not once but twice, i was in

after 30 plus driving lessons later ,and a few near misses while i was in the car with her, ( a few not her fault) , i expected her to pass, but she got 4 minor and 2 major faults, . not indicating going around a round about and going too slow !, well ive booked her in for another test. so dont come near manchester in 4 wks time..

Banned
    yes rob, £335 !!! and i appiled just b4 my stepson
    So even if theres just a few days gap to make it up to the ILR application date, you still have to pay £335?

well i phoned INd a few times. talked to different people, but yes if you didnt come within 28 days after the start date of the visa, you need to apply for FLR to make the time up .. yes another con..

Banned
    HOORAY!!!!

Elsa got her ILR today.

Now she's free to stay in the UK to pay more taxes

good news, its taken about a month ?

mines bit more difficult, oh my wife is studying to pass the 'living in the uk' test on friday, but my stepson is not studying it enuff , i tihnk she will pass, not sure about him, if he dont hes taking it again next friday, and the friday after that if he dont !

cannot apply for ILR without the letter stating they passed,, i think my wifes ILR will be simple, but my stepson might not be, he turned 18 in mid feb, so ive got to apply for ILR for him, which i'm a bit worried about

well i know in about 8wks

Banned

good news, its taken about a month ?

mines bit more difficult, oh my wife is studying to pass the 'living in the uk' test on friday, but my stepson is not studying it enuff , i tihnk she will pass, not sure about him, if he dont hes taking it again next friday, and the friday after that if he dont !

cannot apply for ILR without the letter stating they passed,, i think my wifes ILR will be simple, but my stepson might not be, he turned 18 in mid feb, so ive got to apply for ILR for him, which i'm a bit worried about

well i know in about 8wks
    I make it exactly 3 weeks to the day we sent the application.

Hope all goes well with the exam joe. I'd love to know whats in this exam, as Elsa will need to take it next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information