Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access) wizzywizard26's Avatar

life in the uk test

Hi all,

My wife took her life in the uk test saturday but she failed it. She got 16 questions right but you need 18. We have rebooked her test for next saturday to give her another crack up it. Her Visa runs out at the end of october and I am worried that she may never pass it.

What can I do if she does not pass it before her visa runs out?

I really do not want her to go back to the Philippines. Is it possible to apply for an extension on her visa?

Thanks in advance,

Gordy

did she practised answering questions online and as well just let her re-read the book again.and question,how did you know the test result?coz i asked my test result but they wouldnt tell me.she`ll be fine dont worry!
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Hi,

When she failed they gave her a letter which tells you the areas that you need to study on. it also said that she got 8 questions wrong. She has been doing the practice tests online for the past 6 months and been passing all of them recently so don't quite understand how she failed this time. Maybe she was unlucky with the questions. Most people failed from her group who went to take the test.

Gordy

Dont worry Im sure she will pass 2nd time. Keep practicing online and get that Life in UK sample question book for her.

good luck!

just keep practicing...goodluck

Respected Member
    if she doesn't pass it is possible to extend her visa by applying for FLR instead of ILR. There is a box to tick on the form for it. Obviously it's going to cost you more money.

hello,

just tell your wife to take her time when answering the questions on the actual test and i hope she'll pass the test soon, so you can apply the ILR instead of FLR.

Goodluck and all the best.

"Chains do not hold a marriage together.It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.That is what makes a marriage last - more than passion or even sex..."

Hi again,

All went well, she passed the Life in the UK test second time round so we are very happy. Now getting ready to send in the ILR and collecting evidence. The first year is a little patchy but we have been living with each other since August 2005 as she was already here on a Work Permit when I met her so we have letters dating back that far. The letters for the first year are not jointly addressed to each other. I hope that wont cause any problems. Can I go as far back as 2005?
    I only have a few bits of mail that cover October 2006 to December 2006 which is worrying me a bit.

Gordy

what you worrying for, you only need 6 bits of evidence, its not 20 any more, but i would send more than 6 if you have it, just to be safe.

We need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough items
    in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of
    you. Examples of acceptable letters and documents are listed below. They must be originals.
    The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources.

are you using the latest form ?

Thanks for the reply,

Yes I am using the correct form.. so its just 6?
    Not 6 letters from all 3 sources?

Gordy

depends on what you have, 6 spread over 2yrs, if possible with both your names on..

bills or statements
    mortgage statements/agreement
    bank statements/letters
    council tax bills or statements
    water rates bills or statements
    electricity and/or gas bills or statements
    tenancy agreement(s)
    building society savings books/letters
    letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Dept for Work
    and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing
    letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments,
    home visits or other medical matters

but if you have more i would send say 10. just incase they don't accept some ..

if you've got the money, and who has , i think your misses can apply for citizenship straight away as shes been in the uk more than 3 years already ??

Thread Information