Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Scams

Scams

Looking at recent posts on here, and in other places on the net, I get the impression that the Philippines is becoming a dangerous place for online dating.

It seems everyday I read of someone having problems.

Some of the problems may just be distance and communications, I think I have my share of that, but there also seems to have been a rapid increase is loss of money, arrangements going wrong, contact being avoided, and things in general that one would no expect in a genuine loving arrangement.

Maybe it's just the p;osition of the moon

Distorted facts on the Net.

You onlt get those complaining that post in most cases, not the happy ones.....However, it's different on here, over the years we have had very few that have been scammed.....less than 10 easily....compared with the 1000's that have used the forum.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Distorted facts on the Net.

You onlt get those complaining that post in most cases, not the happy ones.....However, it's different on here, over the years we have had very few that have been scammed.....less than 10 easily....compared with the 1000's that have used the forum.

fair enough, it's just that recently there seems to have been a big jump in the not happy ones.

I nearly got caught once before, of course I ignored the signs everyone spoke of, but I guess so do many others.

On the other hand, I know of a few girls who have endless uphill from their UK husbands/boyfriends.

It is probably fair to say that most of us have a lot to give, (not talking money) and are willing to give, all is asked in return is honesty, openess and fidelity.
    But that of course puts people at risk as easy targets, and I admit I would be an easy target initially. I never get stressed at work, or by other peoples lives, but my own emotional wellbeing is easily put under pressure.

Banned
    I agree with Keith on that.

I also must state that a lot of scammed people for some reason do not read the signs or see the red flags waving.....
    They also don't take any notice when they are told that they are being turned over, but such is human nature.
    Some people are too trusting and terminally gullible.

And, in my opinion, the worst scams are not on the net but here in this country perpetrated against the elderly and feeble, through fake postal lotteries, and other junk mail. Unadulterated deceit.
    http://search.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/sear...&q=postal+scam

Quote Originally Posted by Fhars View Post
    I dont think its fair to say that.

When i was okay with my job, i do support my bf financially just to help him save up and pay hs house and siince i earned more than him. I never ever took advantage of our relationship. I always take it n consideration....

I doesnt mean that PHIL is suffering, girls might hooked up with man dey ddnt really want to just get out of poverty.

To be fair with Filipina like me, i do work hard just to be here n England. I started working in Dubai as an Sys admin 3 years ago with the same company im in right now.

I believe that theres alot of Filipino out der who are really smart n intelligent but wasnt able to be given a chance to work abroad.

Also, when you chat with Filipina online, you can immediately tell if shes real or just a scam... never send money if you havent seen them.. I think its really fair to give everyone a benefit of the doubt!

I did say not money, I was thinking of less tangible things.

I would be interested to know how you can immediately tell if it is a scam or not, I have seen some of the transcripts posted on scam sites, and they scammers really seem expert in making things sound real and genuine.

I think if a girl hooked up with a man she did not want just to get out of poverty, there is a very good chance that things would turn out well in the end anyway.

The cases I have seen are more about getting money sent to them, and often from more than one person.

I was reading a very interesting site the other week, unfortunately I fell asleep, and windoze restared my machine, and now I can't find it agai, but it had photos used, online names and all details people had of scammers.

I'm sure that all the people on this site are decent people, and probably most others are too, just spoilt by a few. Pity there wasn't a central scam reporting site, that would be interesting to see!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sangoma View Post
    Looking at recent posts on here, and in other places on the net, I get the impression that the Philippines is becoming a dangerous place for online dating.

It seems everyday I read of someone having problems.

Some of the problems may just be distance and communications, I think I have my share of that, but there also seems to have been a rapid increase is loss of money, arrangements going wrong, contact being avoided, and things in general that one would no expect in a genuine loving arrangement.

Maybe it's just the p;osition of the moon
    I feel sorry for those people who`s having these kind of problem.I really do believe that God give you the girl/man who`s very much comparison to your character.
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Thread Information