Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2go abotiz pick up my documents today july 26, 2006

Hello everybody,

The 2go aboitiz picked up my documents just this afternoon. Im nervous now for the outcome of my application. I hope there's no probs with it. What's next with this ??? how will i know that the ukvacs approved my application. Hope to hear about this soon...thanks and more power to this site Filipinouk...

GOd bless ya all!!!

Paul and Jovelyn Dallow

Wait.....get drunk....drink some more......usually helps....otherwise you have to put up with the wait like everyone else. It is no where near as long as it used to be though.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

hehe yeah to stop thinking about visa... i really hope i can get this visa sorted very soon. I cant wait to be with my husband in Uk... anybody here just applied also this month????

Paul and Jovelyn ( Gensanbritish)

Keep an eye on the ukvacs website..

As long as you have a reference number you can check how the application is doing but most of all try to be patient

applied july 4th and sign into ukvacs every hour lol come on

Hello gensanbritish
    Im a filipina married to a british guy also. Im still waiting for our marriage contract from NSO so i could apply for spouse visa. Just want to ask if you got your passport ammended to your husbands surname before applying for spouse visa?
    Goodluck to your application. I know how you feel, very sad being apart from your husband.

Quote Originally Posted by britoy
    applied july 4th and sign into ukvacs every hour lol come on
    So your still waiting for a call from the embassy until now? i will send my application soon , maybe first this first week of ausgust
    Scot ===>

"The world is all about diversity. I am different and you are different."

hi jeida

Yeah its really sad to be far apart to your husband. that's why im really hoping that they will grant me a visa. About the passport, i got it after my wedding so i already use the surname of my husband. Thats why i dont have a problem with it. As i know u need to have your marriage contract and go to DFA to amend ur passport. One of my friend who married german have done that also. Thanks for your reply and u too goodluck. Im really excited now to be with my husband... take care my friend and GOd bless ya!!!

PS. heres my email address if u want to chat with me windchime882002ATyahoo.com

Paul and Jovelyn

hi eljohno

what is reference number?? where can i find that??? hope to hear from you soon....

paul and jovelyn ( Gensanbritish)

U can find your reference number on the receipt that u got from UKVACS.

i hope this will help u

Quote Originally Posted by Gensanbritish
    what is reference number?? where can i find that??? hope to hear from you soon....

paul and jovelyn ( Gensanbritish)
    Yes you should have got a receipt number when they arrived to take your visa application/evidence file...

Yeah i have it i just it already in the receipt the man gave to me when he picked up my documents last day... thanks ....

Gensanbritish

hello everybody

HI i already track my reference number and it says no records found... ohh i will just try to check it next time... im nervous now and excited for the result. I sent 2 envelopes of documents hehehe and it really loads. Well i just enclosed there all the evidences that we hope...

Thanks for the reply and hope to hear from you soon...

Gensanbritish

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi, I hope to clear this out.

As soon as the docs are received by the ukvacs, they will check it within a day or two. After this, they will send you an email to let you know that your uk visa app has been encoded and a reference number is given then it is forwarded to the embassy. Hence, the number you get from from 2go-aboitiz and ukvacs (by the time the courier guy accepted your docs) are "receipt numbers" and not really the reference number.

It's very misleading since what is asked on their website is the receipt number (which should have been the reference number). ukvacs should change that wording! If you put the receipt number, it will always say "NO RECORDS FOUND". That is why it's totally different. So, just keep on checking your email, you'll eventually receive your reference number.

Ah i see , thank you so much for the information that u gave Byang. I will keep checking my email now... thank you very much again. Now i know i need reference number and this receipt number... thanks again . May GOd bless you...

Gensanbritish

Hi Jeida, My wife is going to get her passport changed into her married name next week. She previously applied to do this, but was told that it could only be done after she had attended the pre-departure seminar.

HI how come i got my passport without attending seminar?? but actually the guy their who assisted me in the DFA said that i need to attend CFO but after that day they already issued me a passport. And actually my close friend said that u can attend that seminar before or after u got your visa. So in my case i will just have that seminar if i have my visa already...

Hope to hear from you soon regarding this!!! thanks and take care and have a bless sunday... God bless you all...

Gensanbritish

HI byang,

How many days before they will email to you your reference number. They picked up my docs last july 26 and until now they still didnt email me this reference number... I hope to hear from you about this... thanks in advance and may Godbless you always ...

Gensanbritish ( Paul and Jovelyn)

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    hi!

lemme share this timeline...

May 24 (wed) - made an arrangement with 2go-aboitiz manila
    May 26 (fri) - 2go picked up my docs from my house
    May 29 (tue) - ukvacs received my docs
    June 1 (thu) -ukvacs emailed me: "your uk visa application has been encoded, your reference number is 20060529xxxx"

>>>>> So,the first 8 digits is actually the date of which my app was received by ukvacs. It's a big help if you correspond with them alot through email or you may call them asap for whatever concerns you have. Also, ukvacs is not really perfect. they do commit mistakes.. in my case, they wrongfully addressed the reference number to another person eventhough the email add was mine. they responded real quick though and apologized.

July 11 (tue) - received my passport, originals docs and an appointment letter was attached as well as the official receipt of ukvacs service fee of Php 616.

July 19 (wed) - embassy interview
    July 20 (thu) - CFO

In my experience, I can say that ukvacs is very efficient, fast and informative. Just today they emailed me a Quality Assessment form for me to fill up.. I made a positive feedback and a suggestion to replace the word "receipt" (as seen on the website )to "reference" That way, it will be very clear once and for all. So, I hope they would change it real soon!!!!!

Thats nice to hear from you Byang i hope so that mine will works so fast like what you had
    Scot ===>

God bless you Lynlyn!!!

Ahhh how to start a new thread? hehe
    Thank you

Its nice to be here again. Been very busy preapring for all the stuffs needed for the application!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! lol so hard yet exciting hehe

Take care all..

My name is Zobel (Remee is my mom's name - just love her so much)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby
    Hi Jeida, My wife is going to get her passport changed into her married name next week. She previously applied to do this, but was told that it could only be done after she had attended the pre-departure seminar.
    Hello IainBusby,

thanks for the info, so did ur wife got her passport ammended already? So she attend seminar first before changing her passport? Do the CFO needs her marriage contract as one of the requirements for the seminar? As of now im waiting for our marriage contract so im stuck. My husband wants me to attend seminar while waiting for our marriage contract but i guess i cant coz they will need my marriage contract right?
    Would be very happy if you could help me with this. God bless you and your wife

hi Byang ,

Thanks your reply. Take care and God bless you...

I guess i need to phone them very soon..thanks again...

Hi Jovelyn,

Got any updates?

Take care always

Zobel

hi ZObel,

I am just waiting for the schedule of my interview. I hope that will be very soon as i cant stop thinking about it... thanks for you post..

Quote Originally Posted by Gensanbritish
    hi ZObel,

I am just waiting for the schedule of my interview. I hope that will be very soon as i cant stop thinking about it
    Hi Jovelyn,
    It looks like your application was submitted about 1 week before my wife's, which she handed in personally. I made an email enquiry to the embassy to ManilaVisaEnquiries.manila@fco.gov.uk , about how much notice for a proposed interview date we could expect to be given. After an initial "out of the office" auto reply, I got a another reply from them on 29th of August which said:

"To date we are dealing settlement application received on 05 July.
    For settlement visa applications the visa section of the embassy targets to process applications in 3 months. There will be one of three outcomes: issuance of visa, refusal of visa, or interview. If you require an interview, the embassy aims to be able to provide an appointment within 15 working days.
    Unfortunately there will invariably be times - particularly at peak travel times - when the embassy cannot reach these standards with all applications.We recommend that you allow at least 3 months for settlement.
    We will advise the applicant as soon as it will be considered."

With this reply in mind and the fact that UKVACS said it will take 3 months when she submitted her application, both my wife and I have decided to try not to think about it too much until both September and October are over, otherwise we'll both go stark staring mad just checking that UKVACS tracking page every day and seeing the same depressing status message "At The British Embassy".
    Iain.

"To date we are dealing settlement application received on 05 July.
    For settlement visa applications the visa section of the embassy targets to process applications in 3 months. There will be one of three outcomes: issuance of visa, refusal of visa, or interview. If you require an interview, the embassy aims to be able to provide an appointment within 15 working days.
    Unfortunately there will invariably be times - particularly at peak travel times - when the embassy cannot reach these standards with all applications.We recommend that you allow at least 3 months for settlement.
    We will advise the applicant as soon as it will be considered."
    Were just about same email that had received from the manila embassy. So since it could take up 3 months who knows maybe will get our interview by this month or maybe October.
    Scot ===>

Quote Originally Posted by scotsfiancee
    So your still waiting for a call from the embassy until now? i will send my application soon , maybe first this first week of ausgust
    Yeah still waiting 2 months tomorrow. same old hmmmm was going to swear lo same old rubbish from embassy we are dealing with applications fom july1-5 th your application should be there with int he week they said that twice to us now. so we have given up hope of getting it anytime this month. my guess is embassy got it july 4th and we will not here anything til oct4th

HI Iainbusby,

Thanks for your information. That would be sad. Ohh takes really long time . Me and my husband paul willl probablly go crazy thinking about it. But no choice we need to wait.. But i hope that by october they will call me for my interview. I just really wanted to finish it already... Goodluck to all the applicants tc and God bless you all..

Gensanbritish ( Jovelyn and Paul)

I hope im wrong we hope it comes soon or we get our visit to the embassy. All we can do is hope for the best and keep on loading up the ukvacs site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information