Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: citizenship

Newbie (Restricted Access)

citizenship

Hello............

Good day to everyone! I have been visiting this site as a guest for a couple of weeks now and i like what i read. It's very much informative and helpful to everyone who has some clarrifications to make. Congratulations and more power to everyone!!!

I have some problems that needs to be clarrified.....and i hope to get some assistance from everyone. The situation is like this:

The husband is a racist,alcoholic and abusive(verbally)

1. married to a british citizen
    2. Been staying in UK for more than 20 years
    3. Has'nt applied for a citizenship yet for several reasons.......one of this is to
    too busy with work
    4. Has a good job but the status is just a permanent resident.
    5. Shouldering the household expenses
    6. house is conjugal but it's only the woman paying for the amortization.

Questions:

1. How to avail citizenship now that there's a new procedure already?
    2. Can the man solely own the house even if it's a conjugal property and it's
    the woman who's been paying the amortization? What's the law about
    this?
    3. Can he go after the personal savings of the wife?
    4. Can the man threaten the woman to send her back to the Philippines
    even if she's already a permanent resident thereof?
    5. Where could i get some information about family code here in UK?

All your advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated... Thank you! and again more power!

As long as the marriage still exist she can apply anytime for Naturalization. All she needs to do is go to the website of IND to download application form and for guidance on how to fill it up and what requirements to comply. The man cant of course threaten her to leave coz although she's not a citizen yet but she's got the Indefinite leave to remain visa already. Why is she trying to hang on with that miserable situation? She's here legally and is holding an Indefinite leave to remain so why suffer? She can stand on her own feet now........

Thank you Tetla.....my sentiments as well....lot's of why??
    Probably she still cares for the guy? pity? some sense of loyalty which is common in a filipino culture? lot's of it!! wish i could just turn one's life on the next page....Anyway....he's just one of the rotten eggs in the basket.., there's still a lot who are good...

What's the difference between an indefinite visa thing and citizenship if the woman has some plans of going back home upon retirement? Advantages? Disadvantages? What are the coverage of conjugal properties? Personal savings considered conjugal?

Hope to hear some ideas... thanks!

hi ana

I would suggest you to go to this link www.ukresident.com and tell your concerns..People in that forum are very good as well especially when it comes to legal matters..some members of the group are Solicitors giving you free advices..

Had a problem with my status before and they helped me in sorting it out.

Nice of you to direct people away from here....
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Thanks again Tetla! LOL.... not really Keith... and hello as well........ Tetla is just trying to be helpful which am surely grateful of....Even if i do go to other site.. i still like it here...you all have been very helpfull to everyone...from the weeks that i've been visiting the site... and with that..again.. Congratulations!

Maybe Keith could give me some help as well... some advice? ideas? I will surely appreciate it..

Thanks again...

Advice!! I'm a scouser we are all alcoholics

I'd get the citizenship sorted first, that resolves some of the other issues automatically.

Try.....putting diuretics in his drink It won't stop him, but it'll give the missus a laugh!! ...and don't forget to add pee

Everything is split 50/50 in this country, 50% to the wife, 50% to the missus

As for threatening behaviour, can I send some friends round to introduce him to Mr Punch?

That was quite an advice Mr. Administrator! Lol! Am tempted to do it myself...But kidding aside Keith, thanks a lot! It was a sound one! Yeah.. i agree with you.. work on the citizenship first.. Am wondereing as well why she has'nt! Will try to work it on though..

Is it true as well that if you're on ILR for 5-20 years you are available to apply for a citizenship even without a british spouse? that is.. if you are a divorcee?

Thanks!!

If you are a spouse you can apply after 3 years as far as I know, but they do change the rules on a weekly basis.....and will now be wearing pretty uniforms!!

If she has full residence in this country, there shouldn't be a problem single, hitched or a gay priest!

Keith, is it really true then that if you're a permanent resident and has been staying here for several years ..that you don't need a spouse to apply for citizenship???Of course not that we don't need one.. we do! But for some reason or another.. Bless you!

Thanks........

If single nurses are here for the required time span, they can claim citizenship as well. No need to be married as long as you have done all the things the IND have asked of you, and you have permission to stay as long as you wish.

Keith

im not driving people away from this site..just bein helpful...it's advisable to gather as much information as you...i reckon you will also visit the site now that i mentioned it do tell me then what you think

Just about got enough time to visit my own....my subconsious keeps launching them in my sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win
    If you are a spouse you can apply after 3 years as far as I know, but they do change the rules on a weekly basis.....and will now be wearing pretty uniforms!!

If she has full residence in this country, there shouldn't be a problem single, hitched or a gay priest!
    It's five years residence (with 12 months indefinite leave to remain) to qualify for naturalisation, reduced to three years (with ILR on the date of application) if you're married to a British citizen.
    And this hasn't changed since 1 january 1983....

And this hasn't changed since 1 january 1983....
    You've reminded them now, so it'll be changed on Monday

Thread Information