Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Got my Fiance visa today after 1 week of lodging it at the embassy

Hi there,

Im Ann.I have same experience as Byang had.As for me I lodge my application last week.Just today i got my fiance visa.No interview so i was so surprised.Then the time frame so small.Thanks to God.

Just provide all the credential needed plus other credentials which you think is of great help.These are the things i submiited.

1.My passport,birth certificate,baptismal,nbi,tor,board certificate,diploma,my masteral certificate,sss id, prc id,my employers certificate and recommendation letters,cfo certificate, CENOMAR certificate.

2. My fiancee's birth certificate,passport,bank statements 6 months prior to the application,payslip from his work evidence that he has a work,house mortgage,leeter of support.

3.Others are......our legal capacity from the embassy ( because we are suppose to get married here but we change our plan) copies of emails and chat.

I was not interviewed.They just send my visa.
    Right now Im planning to fly within this month.

Thanks to God.
    Hope this will help those who are processing their papers.

Ann

Quote Originally Posted by Byang View Post
    hello everyone,

I want to share my experience especially to those fiancée visa applicants. I owe something to this forum for our success and am sure this will help others as well.

Fred and I first met online through Yahoo Chat last Oct 2005. He, then, visited me after 4 months. Before that, we were already contemplating on applying for a visa coz we were truly and madly in love, we could feel a great future if we’re together. We prepared enough despite the fact that our relationship was only 7 months by the time we applied (May 26). After 1 month and a week, ukvacs scheduled me for an 8:00am interview on July 19.

Here’s the list of docs we submitted:

IDENTIFICATION:
    Passport, NBI Clearance, NSO-SECPA Birth Certificate
    Sponsor’s Birth Certificate
    Full copy of sponsor’s passport, personal details and Phil. Immigration stamp in full color
    Scanned copy of sponsor’s driver’s license

EVIDENCE OF ACCOMMODATION:
    Deed of Property
    Property Details (highlighted our sole use of the room)
    Mortgage Statements: Year 2005 and Year 2004
    Letter of No Objection from the joint owner

EVIDENCE OF FINANCIAL CAPACITY:
    Payslips: Nov 2005 – Apr 2006 (included a scanned copy for May)
    P60 end of Year Certificate, 2005 - 06 and 2004 – 05
    Letter of Employment ,Copy of Full Contract Details, Calling cards
    Bank Statements from Nov 2005 – Apr 2006
    Letter of Claim Payment for the policy surrendered
    Norwich Union Surrender Value Illustration
    Transaction Details: E-Savings Account

EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP:
    Letter of Support from the Sponsor
    Provisional Booking for the Wedding
    Provisional Booking for Wedding Lunch
    E-mail Transcripts
    Chat Logs: Oct 2005 – May 2006
    SMS Log of Gary
    Screenshots of Chat Sessions
    MoneyGram Receipts
    Flower Receipts
    Telephone Bills

EVIDENCE OF MEETING:
    Boarding Passes and E-tickets, Hotel and Restaurant Receipts, Photos
    Letters, Postcard, Used Phone Cards, Used Call and Text Cards

OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENT:
    Birth Certificates of Sponsor’s Dependants

-------- Lastly, I gave these additional docs during the day of interview:

Scanned/internet copies of bank statements, payslips, chat logs and screenshots of our chat for june-july. I also included an email from his kids that will show they accept me as their step-mum.

MY ADVICE/TIPS:

The day before your interview, take time to get to know where the embassy is. Study the area around it. Being a Davaoeno, I didn’t know that it’s not permitted to just stay anywhere. It’s in a financial/business district so every stranger is considered a “threat”.
    Before you go to interview, relax your mind and body with a long soak in the tub (if possible). It eases the tensions you have. Be comfy, wear something semi-casual.. that is a blouse and slacks/skirt. I arrived there at 7.30, I wasn’t allowed to hang around and the guard instructed me to go back at 7.50 and go somewhere. I think it was Mini-Stop (at the back of the building) where you can wait and eat something. Btw, guards don’t pity you even if it’s drizzling outside. You can’t go to the shed (outside the exit area) of the underpass and wait there. A guard will tell not to hang around , they are suspicious of just anyone. A police guy will go up with you to the 15th floor.

Opt to be interviewed in English. It’s a big plus. A lot of applicants want to have an interpreter though they understand the language well. Be confident and consistent with your answers. Some questions may be repeated in a different manner. You may be distracted with the look of the eco but please maintain eye contact. I found out they wear very casual clothes. Well I was expecting they would wear a suit so I was surprised but then I felt comfortable right from the start. There are only 4 interview rooms, don’t chat too much with the others while you wait coz eco just call up your name anytime. Between you and the eco is a glass, don’t be afraid to say if you can’t hear it well coz he/she will adjust the volume for you. Also, don’t be afraid to ask the eco to repeat the question if it’s not clear to you.

Some questions that were asked from me:
    Why do you want to go to UK?
    When and where did you first meet and in person
    When and where will the marriage take place
    About his kids: their names and ages, where do they live, how often does he see and spend time with them?
    What does he do, what do I do..
    When is his birthday
    If I have seen the kids or not.

The eco will be taking notes on the computer, typing as you speak and sometimes ask another question while he/she types your answer. So be very attentive and stay focus even if he doesn’t look at you.

When you are told to wait outside, do so with much patience. Some were given a definite time to go back and some were not. In my case, I was waiting for like forever there. I figured out, they normally discuss your application inside once you are done with the interview process. It’s like the eco or/and assistants will hold conference inside whether you are entitled for an entry to UK or not. There are hidden cameras in the embassy. Behave yourself even if you are waiting for long. I felt like they monitor everything once you are inside...your look, facial expressions, gestures and behaviour count during and after the interview. Think of it as if the interview doesn’t end there. A lot of applicants there were impatient on the results.

There were many refusals that day, mostly family/visit visa. I guessed I was the only one for fiancée visa So, I was lucky somehow that mine was different and the long wait was all worth it.. they gave me the visa. You’ll know you are denied if there’s a white paper (refusal letter, appeal form) along with your passport and it will be read and on how to appeal will explained for you.

I hope this helps a lot. More power to the forum!!!

Forget to add the pics in the list of the requirements

Hi there i forgot to add the pictures of me and my fiancee during his visit.

Take care guys,
    ann
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    Hi there,

Im Ann.I have same experience as Byang had.As for me I lodge my application last week.Just today i got my fiance visa.No interview so i was so surprised.Then the time frame so small.Thanks to God.

Just provide all the credential needed plus other credentials which you think is of great help.These are the things i submiited.

1.My passport,birth certificate,baptismal,nbi,tor,board certificate,diploma,my masteral certificate,sss id, prc id,my employers certificate and recommendation letters,cfo certificate, CENOMAR certificate.

2. My fiancee's birth certificate,passport,bank statements 6 months prior to the application,payslip from his work evidence that he has a work,house mortgage,leeter of support.

3.Others are......our legal capacity from the embassy ( because we are suppose to get married here but we change our plan) copies of emails and chat.

I was not interviewed.They just send my visa.
    Right now Im planning to fly within this month.

Thanks to God.
    Hope this will help those who are processing their papers.

Ann

Great news Ann, congratulations to both you and your fiancee. Where will you be coming to live in the U.K.? We live in Coventry and my wife Louella would like to find Filipina friends in our area!!!

Thank you

Hi IainBusby

Thank you.
    No fix date yet but plan to have it before the end of the month.
    That would be nice.I like to meet other pinays also.
    I dont know your place

I will take klm flight Manila to Amsterdam then Newcastle close to my fiancee's place.

He is form Berwick Upon Tweed town.I dont know if that is close to your place.

Hope to meet you guys.
    Take care always.

Ann

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Great news Ann, congratulations to both you and your fiancee. Where will you be coming to live in the U.K.? We live in Coventry and my wife Louella would like to find Filipina friends in our area!!!

Hi

Hi Byang,
    Thanks alot for your info…It helps a lot REALLY!!!!

But I have this concern Im a newbie here, …. I have applied for a visitor’s visa before because my bf would like me to visit in his place first if I do like it or not…but I was denied…so we both agree that we get the fiancée visa then…so the problem is!!!!.. I have my record already in the British Embassy Manila. So u think is there any problem for me applying for fiancée visa when I got record for visit visa before?

Well you just have to prove it that you have a genuine relationship. Keep reading in PETE's SITE and also here in forum.

Goodluck!
    Scot ===>

"The world is all about diversity. I am different and you are different."

Hi Byang,
    Thanks alot for your info…It helps a lot REALLY!!!!

But I have this concern Im a newbie here, …. I have applied for a visitor’s visa before because my bf would like me to visit in his place first if I do like it or not…but I was denied…so we both agree that we get the fiancée visa then…so the problem is!!!!.. I have my record already in the British Embassy Manila. So u think is there any problem for me applying for fiancée visa when I got record for visit visa before?

yeah....youre rigth...thanks

Banned

Smile

hello everyone,

I want to share my experience especially to those fiancée visa applicants. I owe something to this forum for our success and am sure this will help others as well.

Fred and I first met online through Yahoo Chat last Oct 2005. He, then, visited me after 4 months. Before that, we were already contemplating on applying for a visa coz we were truly and madly in love, we could feel a great future if we’re together. We prepared enough despite the fact that our relationship was only 7 months by the time we applied (May 26). After 1 month and a week, ukvacs scheduled me for an 8:00am interview on July 19.

IDENTIFICATION:
    Full copy of sponsor’s passport, personal details and Phil. Immigration stamp in full color

Deed of Property

E-mail Transcripts
    SMS Log of Gary
    MoneyGram Receipts
    Flower Receipts
    Telephone Bills

EVIDENCE OF MEETING:

Scanned/internet copies of bank statements, payslips, chat logs and screenshots of our chat for june-july. I also included an email from his kids that will show they accept me as their step-mum.

MY ADVICE/TIPS:

The day before your interview, take time to get to know where the embassy is. Study the area around it. Being a Davaoeno, I didn’t know that it’s not permitted to just stay anywhere. It’s in a financial/business district so every stranger is considered a “threat”.
    Before you go to interview, relax your mind and body with a long soak in the tub (if possible). It eases the tensions you have. Be comfy, wear something semi-casual.. that is a blouse and slacks/skirt. I arrived there at 7.30, I wasn’t allowed to hang around and the guard instructed me to go back at 7.50 and go somewhere. I think it was Mini-Stop (at the back of the building) where you can wait and eat something. Btw, guards don’t pity you even if it’s drizzling outside. You can’t go to the shed (outside the exit area) of the underpass and wait there. A guard will tell not to hang around , they are suspicious of just anyone. A police guy will go up with you to the 15th floor.

Opt to be interviewed in English. It’s a big plus. A lot of applicants want to have an interpreter though they understand the language well. Be confident and consistent with your answers. Some questions may be repeated in a different manner. You may be distracted with the look of the eco but please maintain eye contact. I found out they wear very casual clothes. Well I was expecting they would wear a suit so I was surprised but then I felt comfortable right from the start. There are only 4 interview rooms, don’t chat too much with the others while you wait coz eco just call up your name anytime. Between you and the eco is a glass, don’t be afraid to say if you can’t hear it well coz he/she will adjust the volume for you. Also, don’t be afraid to ask the eco to repeat the question if it’s not clear to you.

About his kids: their names and ages, where do they live, how often does he see and spend time with them?
    When is his birthday

The eco will be taking notes on the computer, typing as you speak and sometimes ask another question while he/she types your answer. So be very attentive and stay focus even if he doesn’t look at you.

When you are told to wait outside, do so with much patience. Some were given a definite time to go back and some were not. In my case, I was waiting for like forever there. I figured out, they normally discuss your application inside once you are done with the interview process. It’s like the eco or/and assistants will hold conference inside whether you are entitled for an entry to UK or not. There are hidden cameras in the embassy. Behave yourself even if you are waiting for long. I felt like they monitor everything once you are inside...your look, facial expressions, gestures and behaviour count during and after the interview. Think of it as if the interview doesn’t end there. A lot of applicants there were impatient on the results.

There were many refusals that day, mostly family/visit visa. I guessed I was the only one for fiancée visa So, I was lucky somehow that mine was different and the long wait was all worth it.. they gave me the visa. You’ll know you are denied if there’s a white paper (refusal letter, appeal form) along with your passport and it will be read and on how to appeal will explained for you.

hi, and it's really that simply. just doing what they ask Regards Mark

hi pepz...
    im going to apply for spouse visa...
    and im so nervous
    my husband provided me with some documents and i gather some of mine needed...
    we followed all the guyz advice about the requirements...
    but im still nervous...
    my husband provided me with one month of his payslip and bank statements...
    because he is just new on his job...
    and as for me i dont have any job...
    i hope some one out there can give me some advice to lessen my worries,,,
    thankz pepz...

my husband provided me with one month of his payslip and bank statements...
    you need to provide 6 months of his payslips and bank statements

has he not got any from his previous job (if not i would wait and get a few more or word why you are not supplying 6 months payslips in his support letter)

the other members know more than me, they will give you good advice

regards martin

Start a new THREAD
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

congrats ann for both of u!

Respected Member
    hi byang, my boyfriend and i r planning to get married soon.. so i can be in Uk with him so as my son too. but we want to know what will be the right thing to do.. get married here in philippines or in UK.. we met online through a common friend last year sept. 2006.. we became online friends, through constant communication (chat and phonecalls), we became closer and now we love each other. we met in person just this month sept. 2007 and he will come back on february 2008. seems what u did is easy, though i still have some questions.. is it ok if u give me ur email address or contact details???
    or to anyone who experienced the same thing can answer me...
    thanks hoping for immediate responce

best regards,
    adam&chryss

what are the spouse visa requirements?

hello everyone,

IDENTIFICATION:

Deed of Property

E-mail Transcripts
    SMS Log of Gary
    MoneyGram Receipts
    Flower Receipts
    Telephone Bills

EVIDENCE OF MEETING:

MY ADVICE/TIPS:

When is his birthday

hi byang,

your article really help alot all the needed infos are there. you are great..hehe
    by the way congrats of having granted a visa..i myself is planning to get visa but sorting first whats best fiance or spouse?
    most of the one i read in here are more on fiancee visa i just want to know same data as you post on here from identification up to evidence of meeting for spouse visa to see what we can do bout it.

hope i get answers i will really appreciate it..

best wishes
    God Bless us all

Banned
    Hi byang,I'am new in this site,I read your msgs so interesting i save it.thanks very much..I was applied visitor visa may2007 but the eco not satisfied of my documents.. so sad talaga...So we decided to get married here in philippines march 2008 then apply for settlement visa...i went to manila april2008 to submit all my documents...I bring all my documents and suddenly they dont accept lots of documents so what i did is i spend time sorting out my papers..after that i went back to counter one and have it finalize my doc..working days is 2-3 months... So now I'm waiting the feedback of echo .. for interview..I hope my visa is ok...Settlement visa very expensive...it keeps changing..up and down... By the way... Is anyone who applied settlement visa last year or this year?Yong successful..I wanna know the questions of the entry clearance officer...i have no idea.Kindly share it to me pls...waiting your reply...hope you can read my post...i need more info...thanks and have a great day.. to all

Banned
    Hi ann congrats..both of you...nice you dont have interview...your lucky girl huh!

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi Bayang & others
    very good post with lots of info, i have read and am looking forward to my marrage to Jizel hopefully this year in September,

my problem is should we marry in UK or Philippines ?, we met last September online and i have been over to be with her twice December and March this year also going back in September, we have talked together and with her parents about gotting married and we all want this very much, the problem is she lives 100 kilomiters into the forrest and does not even have a passport yet,

if anybody reading this can advise the best way to start and the lenth of time this prosess can take i would love to hear, this is somthing we both want very much and we talk every day and because im so far away she ends up crying when we finnish conversation which upsets me.
    i have told her we will marry this year but now know this may not be possible and dont want her to dispair also on my last visit her office extended her leave then while on leave canciled it and put her AWOL so now she works with mum but cant get online anymore which is a shame as she could also join this site.

what i realy need to know is how long all this process can take so i can reasure her all will be OK thanks for a good site Filipino UK

regards Terry77

hi Terry,
    welcome to the forum..but it will be better if u start a new thread so our friends here can answer u properly..

Congrastulation!!! God bless you

Quote Originally Posted by amyburple View Post
    Congrastulation!!! God bless you
    hello amyburple , how are you? have u submitted your application already?im just wondering if you do. btw,its been along time that i didnt see you here. I am waiting now for the result of my visa. Goodluck

"You don't have to be a certain age to fall in love;
    although you've maybe been told you're to young.
    For those who tell you that,
    that don't know what is.
    "

CyRob..

Hello Everyone..

This is our first time posting here and I am so happy that mostly member of this forum wants to help and give some advices with regards to UK visa.

Well.. I would ask some questions..

1. How do i know if denied or not in the interview?
    2. How many possible months can i get the UK visa?

Start a new thread please.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

WOW This is what I'm looking FOR......I Will print it now....
    Do I need to Apply ONLINE for the APpLICATION?

i experienced like that b4.coz our plan is to get married here in uk if the british embassy in manila approve my TOURIST visa here.they denied my applications coz my money in my bank accounts is not 6 months yet[hubby put 100,000 p].
    coz were very desperate at that time we go to thailand for a months and we make another plans.he fetch all my papers works in uk to submit it in regisrtry office here and then when he cameback in phils we get married.we pass all our papers in british embassy, no interview and thats it they give me my spouse visa.now happilly live with my hubby here!

Tokwifi
    Its cruel i know but the ECO must be satisfied that all the documentation is in place, including photographs of your relationship, flight tickets, hotel bills etc.
    In hindsight it would have been wise to have applied for a fiance visa before applying for a tourist visa. This would have given you time to (3 months or more) to get together all the documentation from your sponsor (bank statements etc)
    This must be fool proof any doubts then its a refusal or interview to check the fiance / sponsor details etc with lots of questions.
    Your Sponsor can appeal in the UK, if he does then you cannot appeal in the Phillipines and vice versa.
    It will take 3 or 4 months, if your lucky to you may get your decision overturned.
    You could always ask your sponsor to marry you in the Philippines, he would then return to the UK while you process a "Married visa for the UK" but again no garantee you would be granted that either.
    Good Luck

Pugilist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information