Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owners permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Respected Member benb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    440
    Rep Power
    49

    Post Filipinos marrying foreigners to flee poverty

    Folks, have a look at this article. apologies if you aleady have seen it.

    Filipinos marrying foreigners to flee poverty

    http://www.asianpacificpost.com/port...overty.do.html

    "The year 2006 also had historic record-high numbers for spouses going to the United States (10,190), Japan (8,601), Canada (988), and the United Kingdom (619). The increase for Japan alone is 2,279 spouses from 2005 figures (6,322)."

    619? that is less than 2 a day processed by the embassy, yet they take weeks to process marriage visas. Is winter the quiet period? I wonder what the figure was in 2007?

    Cheers


  2. #2
    Respected Member nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chessington
    Posts
    2,237
    Rep Power
    73
    Only 619? - That number is smaller than I imagined it would be...

    There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

    7 Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 Plane of Forces
    5 Astral Plane
    4 Mental Plane
    3 Too mysterious to describe.
    2 Too mysterious to describe.
    1 Too mysterious to describe.




  3. #3
    Respected Member angel2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Phil
    Posts
    177
    Rep Power
    0
    when I attended the CFO seminar I was the only one applicant bound to UK and they forgot to mention UK when they start to call every country. USA 20 applicants raised their hands, korea 2, Japan 3 etc. And who else didnt call? so I raised my hand for UK. Hehe I was alone in the one on one interview. Lucky because I finished early.


  4. #4
    Moderator joebloggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    23,058
    Rep Power
    150
    the number of visa apps are highest in may,jun,july and aug.

    dec, jan and feb are the months when visa apps are at the lowest number, nearly half the number of apps in the peak months i mentioned.

    619, 2 a day

    well in 2005-2006 the british embassy in manila recieved 1920 settlement visa apps, that would include all settlement apps for those who just got married to Brits and their dependants and also for Filipinos settled who are applying for partner or for their kids.

    but thats roughly 8 a day, for each working day

    but then they had 35,000 non settlement apps , which covers student visa (1,700), visit visa (17,500) ,workpermits (2,700), transit (6,000), others (6,000) etc

    so 37,000+ apps a year , thats more than 2 aday

    so your 2 a day is near 150 visa apps to look at for each working day (250 working days)



  5. #5
    Respected Member aug06_2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stoke-On-Trent, England
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Power
    57
    maybe yeah!


  6. #6
    Administrator KeithD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Denbigh, United Kingdom
    Posts
    23,981
    Rep Power
    150
    British men marrying Filipina's to flee Britain?
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited


  7. #7
    Respected Member doonat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    170
    Rep Power
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by benb View Post

    Filipinos marrying foreigners to flee poverty

    i think so but reading from this forum, love prevails...


  8. #8
    Respected Member Mrs Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,698
    Rep Power
    73
    Who`s to blame
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...


  9. #9
    Administrator KeithD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Denbigh, United Kingdom
    Posts
    23,981
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Daddy View Post
    Who`s to blame
    Gordon Brown
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited


  10. #10
    Respected Member Mrs Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,698
    Rep Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Gordon Brown
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...


  11. #11
    Respected Member Mrs Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,698
    Rep Power
    73
    tnx for my rep power by the way Boss!am getting stronger and stronger
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...


  12. #12
    andypaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    london well away from those people up norf
    Posts
    4,932
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Daddy View Post
    tnx for my rep power by the way Boss!am getting stronger and stronger
    Today the flipuk site tomorrow Mrs Dady takes over the World


  13. #13
    Respected Member Mrs Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,698
    Rep Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    Today the flipuk site tomorrow Mrs Dady takes over the World
    Not bad Idea
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...


  14. #14
    Administrator KeithD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Denbigh, United Kingdom
    Posts
    23,981
    Rep Power
    150
    Flee poverty
    Good of someone to show an interest in such small insects
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited


  15. #15
    Respected Member keithAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Land of Honey Ko,s
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Power
    71
    Ah thats why she wants to get "itched" not dropping er "h"s after all


  16. #16
    Respected Member PeterB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tagum City, Davao del Norte, PI
    Posts
    993
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    British men marrying Filipina's to flee Britain?
    Haha .... GUILTY!

    Seriously, though ... I was just thinking that the article seems to make the assumption that the only 'inter' marriages are those where the filipina emigrates.


  17. #17
    Respected Member Ann07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    berwick upon tweed
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by angel2008 View Post
    when I attended the CFO seminar I was the only one applicant bound to UK and they forgot to mention UK when they start to call every country. USA 20 applicants raised their hands, korea 2, Japan 3 etc. And who else didnt call? so I raised my hand for UK. Hehe I was alone in the one on one interview. Lucky because I finished early.
    we are the same angel, i was the only one bound for uk too during my seminar


  18. #18
    Respected Member Ann07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    berwick upon tweed
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    British men marrying Filipina's to flee Britain?


  19. #19
    Respected Member benb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    440
    Rep Power
    49

    Flee Poverty

    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Good of someone to show an interest in such small insects


  20. #20
    Respected Member benb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    440
    Rep Power
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    the number of visa apps are highest in may,jun,july and aug.

    dec, jan and feb are the months when visa apps are at the lowest number, nearly half the number of apps in the peak months i mentioned.

    619, 2 a day

    well in 2005-2006 the british embassy in manila recieved 1920 settlement visa apps, that would include all settlement apps for those who just got married to Brits and their dependants and also for Filipinos settled who are applying for partner or for their kids.

    but thats roughly 8 a day, for each working day

    but then they had 35,000 non settlement apps , which covers student visa (1,700), visit visa (17,500) ,workpermits (2,700), transit (6,000), others (6,000) etc

    so 37,000+ apps a year , thats more than 2 aday

    so your 2 a day is near 150 visa apps to look at for each working day (250 working days)

    In that case, Embassy is making a huge profit!!! Perhaps, Big bonuses for ECOs!


  21. #21
    Respected Member cheesewiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    372
    Rep Power
    52
    I think everyone has its own reason. Or some foreigners are just ignoring that reason as they believe that love prevails morethan anything else. Anyway, it doesn't matter whatever the reason I still believe that filipina wife is the best in the world


  22. #22
    Respected Member nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chessington
    Posts
    2,237
    Rep Power
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesewiz View Post
    I think everyone has its own reason. Or some foreigners are just ignoring that reason as they believe that love prevails morethan anything else. Anyway, it doesn't matter whatever the reason I still believe that filipina wife is the best in the world
    I agree...

    There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

    7 Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 Plane of Forces
    5 Astral Plane
    4 Mental Plane
    3 Too mysterious to describe.
    2 Too mysterious to describe.
    1 Too mysterious to describe.




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Europe's jobless flee for new El Dorados
    By joebloggs in forum News - World
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19th March 2012, 07:56
  2. Cambodia sets age limit for foreigners marrying its women
    By Englishman2010 in forum Looking For Love?
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 24th March 2011, 15:00
  3. Thousands flee 'Pepeng'
    By Win2Win in forum News - Philippines
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2nd October 2009, 20:50

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Filipino Forum : Philippine Forum