PDA

View Full Version : how do you budget things here in UK

Tiggers0608
1st August 2008, 12:38
to anyone here :Erm:

how much do you budget for things here, :doh im having a hard time budgetting ... :Erm::NoNo::icon_lol:

unlike in the phils when you dont have much you still can eat he he he... :rolleyes:

KeithD
1st August 2008, 12:52
My budget is what ever the wife wants to spend :Erm:

Geraldine
1st August 2008, 13:11
Hi!

There are several ways to help you save money. My top ones are

- dont buy too much food and ends up in the bin, I hate seeing food go to waste.
- switch off when not in use - telly, players, chargers etc
- avoid shopping for clothes that you wont wear it anyway! everythings on sale and its so tempting to shop. Just be practical, buy it if you think you will use it more often.
- shop in one go, will save you petrol and make a list so you wont end up buying unnecessary items.
- dont be brand conscious e.g. I buy morrisons nappies instead of pampers.
- shower/bath less unless you really smell but do change your pants everyday. :D

Im sure theres more other members can share. Happy budgetting!:)

kimmi
1st August 2008, 19:06
Hi!

There are several ways to help you save money. My top ones are

- dont buy too much food and ends up in the bin, I hate seeing food go to waste.
- switch off when not in use - telly, players, chargers etc
- avoid shopping for clothes that you wont wear it anyway! everythings on sale and its so tempting to shop. Just be practical, buy it if you think you will use it more often.
- shop in one go, will save you petrol and make a list so you wont end up buying unnecessary items.
- dont be brand conscious e.g. I buy morrisons nappies instead of pampers.
- shower/bath less unless you really smell but do change your pants everyday. :D

Im sure theres more other members can share. Happy budgetting!:)

I agree with u sis..we used to shop only once a week to save petrol and of course be practical and buy only the things that u need..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
1st August 2008, 19:14
Read or calculate the cost per amount

For example a certain supermarket had an offer (maybe still running) for a frabic condtioner where you buy two for so much.
At first it looks a baragin as it was a fair amount off but it was cheaper per ml to buy the larger bottle which was about the twice the amount.

Shops also will have two similar items say cooking oill one saying a pound a litre and another as 12p a 100ml which can confuse people.

Worth read the labels and also doing your own calulations.

Many times what looks a bargin or even sometimes not such a good deal is the opposite.

Mrs Daddy
1st August 2008, 19:25
never had the problem coz hubby do the budgetting:D

andy17
1st August 2008, 23:28
BOGOF can help! Also, don't indulge in a car unless you really need to, use public transport - not as convenient but way cheaper in the long run... and greener :transam-front-ramai

walesrob
1st August 2008, 23:43
BOGOF can help! Also, don't indulge in a car unless you really need to, use public transport - not as convenient but way cheaper in the long run... and greener :transam-front-ramai

Yep, we only use the car when its necessary.

Take a trip down the local Iceland - you'd be surprised how much money you could save compared to Morris's Son or Mr T. Esco. Not to mention free home delivery. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Im biased cause I work as a Home Delivery Driver :D

tomoboyle2000
1st August 2008, 23:57
Bartering with the Bumbay's on the local market save a few £££££:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
2nd August 2008, 00:20

BOGOF a greta idea sometimes otherwise sometimes a pain I the neck.

You only want one toothpaste but end up with double the amount.

Great but due to BOGOF and vouchers with our club cards then we ended up with a load of some new brand to trial we look like a dentist stock room

Or the buy one get one cheaper offers with small bottles of coke you only want one but end up with two what do you do with the other i've eneded up handing them to the person behind me in the queue otherwise i have to walk in to a clients holding a bottle of coke

Gavanddal
2nd August 2008, 06:14
It's certainly got harder in the last few months.
BOGOFs can be a pain., especially fruit. Do you really need 2 big bags of oranges. Half the seocnd bag usually goes bad before you've had a chance to eat them.
Every week we buy 4 bottles of Coke. Sometimes it's cheaper to be the shrinkwrapped packs of 4 and sometimes it's cheaper by by them individually. You need to check the prices.
Often frozen food is cheaper then fresh. Just compare the price of pizza!
Rob's right about Iceland, they have a lot of stunning offers.
Use own brands where possible. There can be £1 difference between supermarkets own cooking sauces and well known brands.
Check out the value ranges. Some items such as tinned tomatoes or peas are only maybe 7 or 8p a tin and taste OK. Some other items may not be as good.

mhynne
2nd August 2008, 07:32
MY husband and i also watch out for offers in the shops...we notice that sainsburys most often times give out good BOGOF offers... if its a good buy, something that we use everyday and its something that doesnt go off easily... we usually buy a lot of them to take advantage of the bargain.. we also go for value ranges especially if its tissue, etc.. we also notice that value peppers are also nice.. its just oddly shaped so thats why they put them in the cheap pile.. We also use this excel sheet to monitor our alloted budget and our daily expenses.. we got it from MONEYSAVINGEXPERT.COM which is a really good site to go to... we learned a lot from the site..

pennybarry
2nd August 2008, 07:42
Live with cash NOT CREDIT CARD.
Credit card is full of temptations. Hubby and in-laws said if you want to save money in this country, never apply for a credit card. But sometimes, I really really want to buy things online. So I use hubby's credit card.

walesrob
2nd August 2008, 07:46
MONEYSAVINGEXPERT.COM which is a really good site to go to... we learned a lot from the site..

Agreed - just switched my credit card to a 0% deal for 1 year - saving £35 a month. :) Also moved my current account to A & L, and will be getting £100 cashback, AND a £50 referral reward for using Quidco. :REGamblMoney01HL1:

andypaul
2nd August 2008, 09:56
:Dmonesavingexpert are good but some of the ideas do need you to be very organised with regards making sure you cancel subcriptions at the right time and seem a lot of hassle for quite a small saving unless you hit the sweet point.
That or me risks such as using a credit card to get cash back but make sure you pay it off straight away otherwise all the savings be eaten up by intrest. Same with 0% offers make sure you have a plan for when the offer ends otherwise you may end up worse off.

Be careful of some of the price comprasion sites as they are there to make money and have sometimes favoured providers and services due to advertising or sponsorship.

Also if buying items worth asking for a cash discount. It costs more for a retailier to accept debit or credit cards (thats why many small shops witll not expect them or for small orders.

I remeber a mate when i was much younger would ask in all shops for him self or others for a cash discount and i was surprised how often it would happen (not at all often in chain stores but far moren self owned)

Pinas haggle like you do in te market in phills its worth it.

In france the Wife wanted to buy a model eiffel tower in a small store opposite the real one. She haggled got two euros off and then paid him with a 50 euros note. I would not have thought to try but a cheeky try might save you a few pounds.

In food shops look out for going out of date items then walk over to the peson gunning in. If your eating it tonight or very soon you can save a great deal.

Another one is my Wife buys most of our fruit n veg in a local green grocers when he gets in de mangos like phill (which cost a fortune) she gets a discount due to being a regular buyer:xxgrinning--00xx3:

cruisingkerry
2nd August 2008, 10:11
try not to budget like me..... very badly!!

Sorry probably not much help but I am really bad at money things....

benb
2nd August 2008, 10:16

how much do you budget for things here, :doh im having a hard time budgetting ... :Erm::NoNo::icon_lol:

unlike in the phils when you dont have much you still can eat he he he... :rolleyes:

You need to first work out how much your incoming and outgoing is!
Do it with a spreadsheet either microsoft or online with google.
Record ALL bills, receipts etc and categorise them.
This way you can monitor your outgoings.
As suggested by the forumers, getting good deals will help reduce your outgoings. You can monitor the spreadsheet on a monthly basis and adapt your lifestyle.

You need to put in some effort to do proper budgeting.

Cheers

andypaul
2nd August 2008, 10:53
One point no one has mentioned which does seem to common in phill communities is dont get caught up in the im doing better in the UK than you set.

The Wife has met many who practise this both OFW and Spouses.
Luckily although the Wife liked the idea of signature clothes when in phil, she now is happy buying primark and other chain stores which are stylish and trendy but not stupidly priced. Her female family when she would take back a few 2 pound handbags from primark were almost fighting over it so why buy a stupidly priced "designer bag" which they can get a fake off over in phill or in a pub in the UK?

She has also fallen into a set of Phill ladies all mainly far older than her who just enjoy their food and humour when together not proving who has the best wardrobe.

KeithD
2nd August 2008, 11:51
Primark is a designer label in the Phil. :D

keithAngel
2nd August 2008, 15:52
Primark is a designer label in the Phil. :D

Its also heavily implicated in child labour in India

Stitching a garment Primark: On the Rack june 23 http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/programmes/panorama/archive/2008/default.stm

aug06_2006
2nd August 2008, 16:08
Just buy what u need don't buy what u want.

KeithD
2nd August 2008, 16:46
So politicians and minorities in the West say, but this is normal practise in Asia, and S America. If the kids don't work, the family go hungry. Yes they need better working conditions, and wages, but don't stop them.

We are trying to make their children have all the human rights, and look were that has got our teenagers! :doh :CompBuster::NEW4::NEW1::Sex::UpYurs::NEW3::action-smiley-060::BlueTeamEnforcer:

andypaul
2nd August 2008, 16:59

Stitching a garment Primark: On the Rack june 23 http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/programmes/panorama/archive/2008/default.stm

So are many large brands sadly and many here buy chinese goods which are made by people living and working in condtions we would not accept.

Like Mr Admin says if we paid more for goods so the adults had more money far less chilldren would be sent to work as an act of desperation.

But the law in the countries needs to be able to protect the Children which needs to be pushed by all companies and goverments.

keithAngel
2nd August 2008, 19:12
It is against the law in India for children to be doing this work and PriMark make sales on there No Child Labour commitment

Its perfectly true that if we paid more for clothes and that were passed on to the adults working then there children wouldnt need to

Hence Fair Trade

KeithD
2nd August 2008, 19:34
You'll find that most of the families do work, as well as the kids. They need all the money they can make to eat.

Same thing in this country now, people are having to cut back on food so they can still afford the fags & booze......I do hope Africa will have a whip-round for them :rolleyes:

keithAngel
2nd August 2008, 20:13
You'll find that most of the families do work, as well as the kids. They need all the money they can make to eat.

:rolleyes:

I see your point if we made sure the parents earnt enough to feed there kids they would still work to buy celphones ect next it would be laptops, internet,dating sites, and forums:Erm:

Gavanddal
2nd August 2008, 20:20
Same thing in this country now, people are having to cut back on food so they can still afford the fags & booze......I do hope Africa will have a whip-round for them :rolleyes:

Amazing how the dole scroungers always manage to have fags and booze while the rest of us can't afford such indulgences. (Not that I want fags,Yuk, disgusting!) I resent paying over £2 for a beer, now it's over £3 and the pubs wonder why they're losing business! :NoNo: I don't go to pubs anymore. Me, the missus and the kids, two drinks each- that's £25 gone!!

So if less people drink, the government lose tax and duty revenue, so they'll put it up to claw it back, so people can afford it even less--vicious circle?

..And back to fags..At what price will smokers deem it too expensive to smoke? Apparently they're nearly £6 for 20. If they were £20 for 20, would that stop people? Personally I'd just ban them. Pussy governments scared of losing more tax revenue.

keithAngel
2nd August 2008, 20:39
Amazing how the dole scroungers always manage to have fags and booze while the rest of us can't afford such indulgences. (Not that I want fags,Yuk, disgusting!) I resent paying over £2 for a beer, now it's over £3 and the pubs wonder why they're losing business! :NoNo: I don't go to pubs anymore. Me, the missus and the kids, two drinks each- that's £25 gone!!

So if less people drink, the government lose tax and duty revenue, so they'll put it up to claw it back, so people can afford it even less--vicious circle?

..And back to fags..At what price will smokers deem it too expensive to smoke? Apparently they're nearly £6 for 20. If they were £20 for 20, would that stop people? Personally I'd just ban them. Pussy governments scared of losing more tax revenue.

Quite agree ban fags and alcohol and raise the lost revenue from err fuel prices:D oh and bus fares

KeithD
2nd August 2008, 21:42
We can save money by running the prisons like Cambodia......and our health service like the one in Afghanistan :xxgrinning--00xx3:

flomike
2nd August 2008, 21:55

Like Mrs Daddy said our hubby doing the budget etc. In our case we limit our weekly shopping to £50/week as we're only the 2 of us (if you have children of course its diff story). My husband likes going out a lot specially on a weekend and if it is a nice day so sometimes we just bring our own food and his flask so he don't need to buy coffee and my soft drinks as well atleast we can save on food as it so expensive buying it in a local shop:NoNo: And if you have Heron (frozen shop) in your area usually they are cheap like their purely squeeze juice like Tropicana only 69p or 2 for £1 if you buy it in Morrisons usually £1.69/litre.

I guess not only you whose having a hard time doing the budgeting for sure most of us here in UK specially if you don't earn much its really hard. I am just glad that me and hubby don't have expensive vices, we don't go to pub on a weekend (I don't drink and he can't drink he's my driver) and of course we don't smoke:xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheesewiz
2nd August 2008, 23:16
I don't have a problem in budgeting here in UK I live on my own, I live in a room that all inclusive and I am sharing the phone and the broadband with my house mate. I pay £75/week on my en suite room coz I don't want a share bathroom. I only spend £50/month on my food and I am on a night shift I managed to avoid shops as I am sleeping most of the day:D and during my day off I just stay home and spend my time on the net. The only down side is family back home too many demands:NoNo:

benb
2nd August 2008, 23:29
I don't have a problem in budgeting here in UK I live on my own, I live in a room that all inclusive and I am sharing the phone and the broadband with my house mate. I pay £75/week on my en suite room coz I don't want a share bathroom. I only spend £50/month on my food and I am on a night shift I managed to avoid shops as I am sleeping most of the day:D and during my day off I just stay home and spend my time on the net. The only down side is family back home too many demands:NoNo:

£50/month on food - Incredible! :yikes::40__s:

I do about £400/month just for food for myself!:cwm24: :Cuckoo:

Tiggers0608
3rd August 2008, 09:15
:xxgrinning--00xx3: thanks everyone cheers, yup heres its going to be a story so means different tactics unlike in the phils :xxgrinning--00xx3:

we just have to tighten our belts here, and ignore the SALES going on :NoNo::Erm::bigcry:

yeah i guess i need a notebook to list what we need and just focus on it and logged all the expenses there , than just spend and spend and think if we need all those BUY 1 TAKE 1 items :icon_lol:

thanks for all the response. ..... i wonder whats on your messages list before you shop lol

:Erm: if only i can use lampin (birds eye cloth) instead of diaper lol

KeithD
3rd August 2008, 09:18
In our case we limit our weekly shopping to £50/week
:omg: I spend that on just fish, fruit & veg :Erm: ....then I have to get in my shopping....

Tiggers0608
3rd August 2008, 09:22
:omg::cwm24: wow some people here really spent only £50 a week :Erm:

whats on their list :rolleyes:

aromulus
3rd August 2008, 09:31
:omg::cwm24: wow some people here really spent only £50 a week :Erm:

whats on their list :rolleyes:

Egg and chips, skinheads on a raft, stake and kiddly pies.................:D

Tiggers0608
3rd August 2008, 09:36
Egg and chips, skinheads on a raft, stake and kiddly pies.................:D

:icon_lol::D quite good enough :Erm:

IainBusby
3rd August 2008, 09:38

£50 per month on food, less than £2 a day! You shouln't try to live like your still living in a third world country and scrimp on food etc just because of the demands of your family back in Phils and I think it's disgusting that they expect you to do so. :cwm23: They obviously think that you are so rich that you could afford to send them much more and the longer you continue like this, the more they will expect and the less they will try to do for themselves.
Iain.

Tiggers0608
3rd August 2008, 09:43
:yikes::omg::cwm24::rolleyes:

:Erm: what £50/month ... WOW i thought £50/week is already the lowest :yikes:

:Erm::Erm::Erm: now i wonder whats on their list £50/month .... free taste at the grocery :icon_lol: just kidding :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gemini63
3rd August 2008, 09:56
Its possible if living alone.I agree to that.important hv the rice,bread,spread,sauces and spices and for cold and hot drinks. wr ok to that.noodles and eggs.good if theres dried fish or any salted paste.filipinos can live with those already.

PeterB
3rd August 2008, 15:24
:omg::cwm24: wow some people here really spent only £50 a week

When I was first married, in the 1970s, it was an expensive week if the shopping bill went over £10!

kimmi
3rd August 2008, 18:26
Its possible if living alone.I agree to that.important hv the rice,bread,spread,sauces and spices and for cold and hot drinks. wr ok to that.noodles and eggs.good if theres dried fish or any salted paste.filipinos can live with those already.

i agree with u sis Gemini, :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

anngrimes78@msn
3rd August 2008, 19:34
to save for our groceries, we go to shop like b&m, lidl, poundland and aldi cause you can really grab loads for a bargain price.
to save for clothings and other stuff, we buy only during clearance/sale times.
i guess it helps to really be good in sourcing for cheap prices but quality stuff rather than just buy what you can see and is inconvenient.

benb
3rd August 2008, 19:42
When you see something really nice - ask yourself these three questions.

Can I afford it?
Do I need it?
Is it the cheapest place to buy it (i.e. cannot get it cheaper elsewhere)?

Buy it only if you get TWO or THREE YES answers.:smileybigtmouth:

keithAngel
3rd August 2008, 19:59
When you see something really nice - ask yourself these three questions.

Can I afford it?
Do I need it?
Is it the cheapest place to buy it (i.e. cannot get it cheaper elsewhere)?

Buy it only if you get TWO or THREE YES answers.:smileybigtmouth:

Filipina Girlfriend hmm:Erm::Erm::Erm:

Tiggers0608
4th August 2008, 19:50
Filipina Girlfriend hmm:Erm::Erm::Erm:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

alicat
5th August 2008, 13:38
i dont think budget is really work for us.
everything is just so expencive..we spend
120 a week just 2 of us...what if we have a kids?
how much more???

Tiggers0608
5th August 2008, 19:21
i dont think budget is really work for us.
everything is just so expencive..we spend
how much more???

:Erm: maybe you'll have a budget of £180 per week when u have a kid :rolleyes:

but then again if its a baby that will be more expensive :omg:

benb
5th August 2008, 20:43
how much more???

You can get Child Benefit/Guardian Allowance, £18.80 per week for eldest child.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/RATES/taxcredits.htm

It will help.

Also, you may be able to get child tax credit. Try this online to find out.
http://www.taxcredits.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/Qualify/DIQHousehold.aspx

Cheers

Peanutz
5th August 2008, 21:34
I think budgeting your money is quite a very simple thing. You just need to discipline yourself. Buy what you can afford and stick with your budget or of what money you have. Planning is very essential when you budget your money. Unnecessary things should be avoided. If you know what you can afford I think it will help you to know how much money you can spend.

I was a disaster in budgeting money, but I have learned as time passes by. :D

Tiggers0608
5th August 2008, 21:39
:Erm:

yeah i think in budgetting the most important thing is what you need is the only thing you buy, but i guess sometimes you need to indulge to in chocolates , ice cream and cakes hehehe on my grocery list :icon_lol:

Peanutz
5th August 2008, 21:42
:Erm:

yeah i think in budgetting the most important thing is what you need is the only thing you buy, but i guess sometimes you need to indulge to in chocolates , ice cream and cakes hehehe on my grocery list :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:That happens to me too. I try not to look to dessert corner and walk away quickly so it won't tempt me.:icon_lol:

alicat
6th August 2008, 08:28
:Erm: maybe you'll have a budget of £180 per week when u have a kid :rolleyes:

but then again if its a baby that will be more expensive :omg:

:omg::omg:my hubby needs to work double time:NoNo::NoNo:
thats why he keep asking me to move in phil asap.

alicat
6th August 2008, 08:29
You can get Child Benefit/Guardian Allowance, £18.80 per week for eldest child.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/RATES/taxcredits.htm

It will help.

Also, you may be able to get child tax credit. Try this online to find out.
http://www.taxcredits.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/Qualify/DIQHousehold.aspx

Cheers

thanks for the information.

Tiggers0608
6th August 2008, 09:12
:omg::omg:my hubby needs to work double time:NoNo::NoNo:
thats why he keep asking me to move in phil asap.

:omg: his asking you to move in the phils :Erm: yeah its really cheaper i guess he he he

rikyandnina
6th August 2008, 12:51
You need to first work out how much your incoming and outgoing is!
Do it with a spreadsheet either microsoft or online with google.
Record ALL bills, receipts etc and categorise them.
This way you can monitor your outgoings.
As suggested by the forumers, getting good deals will help reduce your outgoings. You can monitor the spreadsheet on a monthly basis and adapt your lifestyle.

You need to put in some effort to do proper budgeting.

Cheers

I do this and hubby thinks, its a manifestation of my obsessive compulsive behaviour!!! :Cuckoo: Anyways, we always shop in the evening and look out for the clearance counter. Some unbelievable bargains when you just get there at the right time. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

alicat
6th August 2008, 13:29
:omg: his asking you to move in the phils :Erm: yeah its really cheaper i guess he he he

:D:D yah,he did every single day,:Erm::Erm:,he want to live in phil.
but i dont want too :D:D:D,i said to him,just give me more time to enjoy
my life here in uk.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:and he always said,
OH!MY GOD,whats the :censored: is wrong with you...:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tiggers0608
6th August 2008, 20:22
:D:D yah,he did every single day,:Erm::Erm:,he want to live in phil.
but i dont want too :D:D:D,i said to him,just give me more time to enjoy
my life here in uk.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:and he always said,
OH!MY GOD,whats the :censored: is wrong with you...:icon_lol::icon_lol:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:yeah enjoy your life in UK first before going back to phils he he he

Tiggers0608
6th August 2008, 20:24
:icon_lol: bargain haunting is it part of the budget hehehe :icon_lol::Erm:

Ann07
6th August 2008, 20:27
never had the problem coz hubby do the budgetting:D

we are the same mrs daddy:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol: to bt honest i hate budgetting:D But I always do ths shopping list:Cuckoo:

Tiggers0608
6th August 2008, 20:37
we are the same mrs daddy:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol: to bt honest i hate budgetting:D But I always do ths shopping list:Cuckoo:

:Cuckoo: same here i hate budgetting but i think girls are good at shopping :icon_lol:

Ann07
6th August 2008, 20:41
:Cuckoo: same here i hate budgetting but i think girls are good at shopping :icon_lol:

You are right:xxgrinning--00xx3: thats why before we leave the house for shopping my husband will keep saying " whats new today" :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tiggers0608
8th August 2008, 09:30
You are right:xxgrinning--00xx3: thats why before we leave the house for shopping my husband will keep saying " whats new today" :icon_lol::icon_lol:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: so whats really new on your shopping list??? more clothes he he he :Erm:

Ann07
8th August 2008, 11:33
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: both mime and my baby:icon_lol: even if it is not in the list if something caught my eyes:xxgrinning--00xx3: esp if its on sale:icon_lol:

Tiggers0608
11th August 2008, 19:10
:Erm: theres a new rules on budgetting if you really want to budget your expenses :xxgrinning--00xx3::cwm34: just go out every sat to buy food he he he :ARsurrender:

kimmi
11th August 2008, 19:15
:Erm: theres a new rules on budgetting if you really want to budget your expenses :xxgrinning--00xx3::cwm34: just go out every sat to buy food he he he :ARsurrender:

why only on sat sis??:Erm::Erm: u mean weekly?:Erm::D

andypaul
11th August 2008, 19:38
Bulid a farm in your back garden ask the welsh boys on here im sure they will be able to help:D

Tiggers0608
12th August 2008, 10:18
why only on sat sis??:Erm::Erm: u mean weekly?:Erm::D

:rolleyes: shop only every sat sis so you'll save a lot syempre weekly he he he, and wake up late every sunday coz the shops closes early, see you'll save a lot :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tiggers0608
12th August 2008, 10:21
Bulid a farm in your back garden ask the welsh boys on here im sure they will be able to help:D

:NoNo: we don't have a garden , hhmm maybe its ok to put the plants in a pot hehehe

keithAngel
12th August 2008, 11:59
:NoNo: we don't have a garden , hhmm maybe its ok to put the plants in a pot hehehe

Pot Plants!!!!:omg::omg::omg:

kimmi
12th August 2008, 15:24

we're lucky because we got a back garden and a green house, that's why we manage to plant vegetables and harvested the potatoes and onions just last week..:):xxgrinning--00xx3::D

pennybarry
12th August 2008, 17:11
I just don't spend too much, I live with cash no credit card :D. Mom pays the bills, Hubby buys food, I only buy clothes 5£-15£:xxgrinning--00xx3: The rest I saved for my ticket and loving Nanay's chicken feeds :xxgrinning--00xx3: Hubby pays our weekend dates.:D

We have contiributions on our savings too.

It's hard to budget money for ticket as it's getting up! Last Jan, 3 I flew and paid only 630£ , I tried to book the same date again, same airlines, same airport and it cost 900£:omg::yikes:tax added is 321.10£:Brick:

andypaul
12th August 2008, 18:42

Why not even old naked chef jamie olvier showed how by growing herb plants (not that type keith) and say strawberries or tomatos you can get a few hearvests. The seeds might cost you nothing or not to much if you take them from fruit you buy.
Many people grow the herbs they have and just check how much they cost in shops. Remeber you can grow them in and out doors:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pot Plants!!!!:omg::omg::omg:

That would make you some money:D

we're lucky because we got a back garden and a green house, that's why we manage to plant vegetables and harvested the potatoes and onions just last week..:):xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Our family in the Uk do and usually have enough to share with the other members. We never really have to buy strawberries and many other fruits which saves us a fortune

I just don't spend too much, I live with cash no credit card :D. Mom pays the bills, Hubby buys food, I only buy clothes 5£-15£:xxgrinning--00xx3: The rest I saved for my ticket and loving Nanay's chicken feeds :xxgrinning--00xx3: Hubby pays our weekend dates.:D

We have contiributions on our savings too.

It's hard to budget money for ticket as it's getting up! Last Jan, 3 I flew and paid only 630£ , I tried to book the same date again, same airlines, same airport and it cost 900£:omg::yikes:tax added is 321.10£:Brick:

But your A web millionaire surely now:Erm::D

Ann07
13th August 2008, 13:28

same here sis...nice vegs and fruits of labours:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: tha potatoes that we harvested its too much for us we give it to our neighbors and in return they also give us their own harvest variety of vegetables and fruits:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tiggers0608
14th August 2008, 12:01
:omg: wow sis kimmi cool you have a backgarden, yeah i think i did see it on one of your pics on one of the websites he he he :xxgrinning--00xx3:

wish we have a backgarden too so we can plant strawberries and tomatoes :rolleyes:

Ann07
14th August 2008, 14:23
:omg: wow sis kimmi cool you have a backgarden, yeah i think i did see it on one of your pics on one of the websites he he he :xxgrinning--00xx3:

wish we have a backgarden too so we can plant strawberries and tomatoes :rolleyes:

best to grow tomatoes in the green house:xxgrinning--00xx3: my husband now likes his garden and says i think im getting old now:icon_lol::icon_lol:

kimmi
14th August 2008, 18:32

yes sis, in that way I can help hubby to save and he enjoys eating vegetables now and it's fresh from our garden..:)

best to grow tomatoes in the green house:xxgrinning--00xx3: my husband now likes his garden and says i think im getting old now:icon_lol::icon_lol:

I agree with u sis Ann, we also have bell pepper, corriander and chilis in our green house..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tiggers0608
15th August 2008, 16:08
:rolleyes::Erm:

still dont know how to budget , so what i did is ..... give the card to my loving hubby .... :xxgrinning--00xx3: so thats budgetting to me :icon_lol: hehehehe no money atleast i have my honey hehehehe :rolleyes:

keithAngel
15th August 2008, 18:45
:rolleyes::Erm:

still dont know how to budget , so what i did is ..... give the card to my loving hubby .... :xxgrinning--00xx3: so thats budgetting to me :icon_lol: hehehehe no money atleast i have my honey hehehehe :rolleyes:

Does Pooh know?:omg:

kimmi
15th August 2008, 18:46
Does Pooh know?:omg:

well maybe if Pooh will only eats honey..:icon_lol::Rasp::Hellooo:

KeithD
15th August 2008, 21:44
Mancs only eat Pooh :icon_lol:

kimmi
16th August 2008, 18:43
Mancs only eat Pooh :icon_lol:

so if Pooh eats honey, and Mancs eat Pooh,therefore Mancs know how to budget???:Erm::Erm::Erm::doh:doh:icon_lol::icon_lol:

keithAngel
16th August 2008, 19:10
so if Pooh eats honey, and Mancs eat Pooh,therefore Mancs know how to budget???:Erm::Erm::Erm::doh:doh:icon_lol::icon_lol:

or Manc are sweet........barely:rolleyes:

andypaul
16th August 2008, 19:20

But is pooh rich?

KeithD
16th August 2008, 19:31
But is pooh rich?
With honey? :Erm:

keithAngel
16th August 2008, 20:55

Beehive Boss :Cuckoo: Go Kimmi Go Kimm:icon_lol:i

Tiggers0608
17th August 2008, 18:41
:Erm: pooh and honey :rolleyes: hope they make money

kimmi
17th August 2008, 18:41
or Manc are sweet........barely:rolleyes:

:Erm::Erm::Rasp::Rasp:

But is pooh rich?

with Honey or Money??

Beehive Boss :Cuckoo: Go Kimmi Go Kimm:icon_lol:i

:doh:doh I therefore conclude that Mancs are barely sweet and Pooh is rich with Honey or Money errrr...:Erm::bigcry::bigcry:

can anybody help to budget..he he he:Rasp::Rasp::Hellooo::Hellooo:

IainBusby
17th August 2008, 20:04
:Erm::Erm::Rasp::Rasp:

with Honey or Money??

:doh:doh I therefore conclude that Mancs are barely sweet and Pooh is rich with Honey or Money errrr...:Erm::bigcry::bigcry:

can anybody help to budget..he he he:Rasp::Rasp::Hellooo::Hellooo:

I think that maybe this thread has strayed very slightly from the original subject, only very slightly though. :Erm::Erm::Erm:

KeithD
17th August 2008, 21:36
I think that maybe this thread has strayed very slightly from the original subject, only very slightly though. :Erm::Erm::Erm:
Blame Kimmi, she's always doing that :D

:xxparty-smiley-004:

gaius
18th August 2008, 04:19
a hectare of farmland will suit to budget some veges for daily foods. hahahaha

Tiggers0608
18th August 2008, 16:33
a hectare of farmland will suit to budget some veges for daily foods. hahahaha

:Erm: a hectar of farmland just to feed a family for daily foods wow :rolleyes: do you have a big family he he he

IainBusby
18th August 2008, 18:18

Come on now Kimmi, It's all your fault, you must stop doing this. :doh

kimmi
18th August 2008, 19:01

Come on now Kimmi, It's all your fault, you must stop doing this. :doh

:omg::omg::NoNo::NoNo::doh:doh:doh:bigcry:

ok, I'll stop budgeting now..:)

andypaul
18th August 2008, 20:31

No Kimmi you shouldn't budge on the issue:D

Tiggers0608
19th August 2008, 09:42

:Erm: i thought your not the one doing the budget anyways he he he :icon_lol:

Tiggers0608
19th August 2008, 19:22
I dont shop in primark bcs of the child labour in India. I have a budget planner spreadsheet in excel which you can download in microsoft template website. Instead of buying clothes why not buy a shares! My bf and i bought a shares and Im so happy about it. BUdgeting is really hard esp if you dont know how to control urself.

:rolleyes: yeah i guess your right, so what shares do you buy?

kimmi
19th August 2008, 19:38
:rolleyes: yeah i guess your right, so what shares do you buy?

:Erm::Erm::doh

Tiggers0608
22nd August 2008, 19:07
:Erm::Erm::doh

:Erm::rolleyes: its true you buy the shares so means you still buying lol :xxgrinning--00xx3:

kimmi
22nd August 2008, 19:08
:Erm::rolleyes: its true you buy the shares so means you still buying lol :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I am not buying anymore sis..:Erm::NoNo::doh:Rasp:

Tiggers0608
22nd August 2008, 19:12
I am not buying anymore sis..:Erm::NoNo::doh:Rasp:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: wow your budgetting now lol thats new sis :Erm:

kimmi
22nd August 2008, 19:28
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: wow your budgetting now lol thats new sis :Erm:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::D:D I am just budgeting when it comes to M&S Cheesecake or else Clive will get :angry::doh:Rasp::D

northstar28
25th August 2008, 17:30
hmmm well as for a student like me, here's how my budget goes...

>1 week travel card zone 2 - 3 less than 11 pounds
>1 week food allowance - more or less 20 pounds (Milk, Cereals, Porridge, Eggs, Bread, Fruit Jams, Cheese, Mineral Water, vegetable salad, Fruits [apple, banana, orange])... try the Tesco basics... some are not really bad compared to the expensive ones.

I eat heavy for breakfast, then I have free lunch at work:D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:. For dinner I drink Milk (protein) with fruit (usually banana)

Sometimes I cook Filipino food like ADOBO, MENUDO, GINILING, that's good enough for 5 servings then I put the rest of it in the freezer so I could consume it when I have cravings.

>Weekly rent - 32.50 pounds
>Weekly Bills - 5 (electricity + water)
>Internet - :D:D i use my neighbor's unsecured wireless connection :D:Cuckoo:
>Mobile Network - 35 pounds / month (need the minutes for work)

I set short term and long term goals where money is involve and I also put them into writing.

I seldom buy what I WANT...

Just be practical my friend.

Good luck with your budgeting!:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

PeterB
26th August 2008, 11:39

Hmmm ... that is illegal, and could get you into serious trouble!

andypaul
26th August 2008, 11:59

As well as gettig in to possible trouble.

You just allowing all your data communicated to the internet and your pc to be open to people unknown to you.

andypaul
26th August 2008, 12:35
I dont shop in primark bcs of the child labour in India. I have a budget planner spreadsheet in excel which you can download in microsoft template website. Instead of buying clothes why not buy a shares! My bf and i bought a shares and Im so happy about it. BUdgeting is really hard esp if you dont know how to control urself.

Out of intrest what other shops and companies do you buy from?

If you buy anything from a Third world country or even in the Uk the company maybe treating its workers unfarily.
Do you know where the raw materials come from for all the items you buy?
I doubt even the companies themselves do as they get traded around the world.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/7068096.stm

Do you use either shops or resturants in the UK. Many treat there staff very poorly, ok they are adults but many examples of Wages made up of tips. Bending the rules so they work longer hours than they should do.
Do you buy prepared food in the UK many companies have been caught using staff who are ilegally working and in some cases due to their status treated very badly in deed as they have no way to complain.

Primark are very lax in there controls but i think a lot of people would be shocked how just about every one of the big retailers and blue chip firms allow bad practises to be performed out of our view.

Where do you buy your food from

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=40376&c=1

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2005/oct/17/politics.supermarkets

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23394103-details/'I'm+not+an+ethical+bag':+Sainsbury's+'green'+bag+not+organic+or+fair+trade/article.do

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2006/oct/11/supermarkets.internationalnews

Did you check the companies you bought shares in are 100 percent ethnical?
Do the staff or the company buy or have items supplied from factories in the third world?
For example do they allow non free trade coffe or choclate in their vending machines? Some of which may have been harvested by child labour and adult labour with very very poor condtions and pay?

Do you use a bank or trading company which treats its support staff fairly in the Uk and abroad?
Many large firms are now signing up to the london fair wage which is far above the minimum wage which makes a big difference to many lowly paid staff who really struggle with the far higher costs of london.

No point an indivual not buying in primark or gap or nike town if they then support other companies who use bad practises in a volume which far exceeds what you as an indivual would spend.

Heres an intresting take on ethnical shopping and how it affects people

http://www.nri.org/projects/InTheField/ghana_ethical.htm

northstar28
26th August 2008, 13:14

If you buy anything from a Third world country or even in the Uk the company maybe treating its workers unfarily.

Do you use either shops or resturants in the UK. Many treat there staff very poorly, ok they are adults but many examples of Wages made up of tips. Bending the rules so they work longer hours than they should do.
Do you buy prepared food in the UK many companies have been caught using staff who are ilegally working and in some cases due to their status treated very badly in deed as they have no way to complain.

Primark are very lax in there controls but i think a lot of people would be shocked how just about every one of the big retailers and blue chip firms allow bad practises to be performed out of our view.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23394103-details/'I'm+not+an+ethical+bag':+Sainsbury's+'green'+bag+not+organic+or+fair+trade/article.do

Do the staff or the company buy or have items supplied from factories in the third world?
For example do they allow non free trade coffe or choclate in their vending machines? Some of which may have been harvested by child labour and adult labour with very very poor condtions and pay?

Do you use a bank or trading company which treats its support staff fairly in the Uk and abroad?
Many large firms are now signing up to the london fair wage which is far above the minimum wage which makes a big difference to many lowly paid staff who really struggle with the far higher costs of london.

No point an indivual not buying in primark or gap or nike town if they then support other companies who use bad practises in a volume which far exceeds what you as an indivual would spend.

I think we should discuss this matter on a different thread? We're talking about budgeting here, are we? :D

northstar28
26th August 2008, 13:39

hmmm well just to give my point of view about this comment... unethical? yes if you're using it for the purpose of hacking their network. no if you're just using it for browsing and NOT affecting the bandwidth of the network AND if they don't mind about it... you're question might be : "does the owner knows that you're connecting to their wireless connection?" my answer is yes. how? we have a shared folder for MP3 and movies and other non malicious stuff.

OK... back to our topic Re: Budgeting? :D

Thank you very much.:xxgrinning--00xx3:;)

andypaul
26th August 2008, 18:22
I think we should discuss this matter on a different thread? We're talking about budgeting here, are we? :D

Someone brought up the topic so i replied.

KeithD
26th August 2008, 18:35
Someone brought up the topic.....
:omg: Puking choco bars.......

andypaul
26th August 2008, 18:37
hmmm well just to give my point of view about this comment... unethical? yes if you're using it for the purpose of hacking their network. no if you're just using it for browsing and NOT affecting the bandwidth of the network AND if they don't mind about it... you're question might be : "does the owner knows that you're connecting to their wireless connection?" my answer is yes. how? we have a shared folder for MP3 and movies and other non malicious stuff.

OK... back to our topic Re: Budgeting? :D

Thank you very much.:xxgrinning--00xx3:;)

Unless a person gives you the express permission to link into the access point yes it is ilegal in the UK.
Also unlikely to ever be found out but dont tell your isp (i cant see why you would but you never know) as for many it will be not allowed in the T and c's

If you do share a access point and make sure its locked down (but not with ohh give me ten seconds wep).

Unless you leaving it as a defence to fileshare, but then if someone else accesses it and uses the connection for an ilegal reason....

Then unless you really can trust your life with this person do bear in mind they or people with access to their network may well have access to our data flowing back and forth.

For example again maybe unlikely but if using a shared link and your bank details became known to others any phishing or bank fraud commited on your account insurance claim would possibly be invalidated as your not using a secure network in the eyes of the bank.

I know if i was investigating a online banking fraud insurance claim the first thing i would do is ask what methods they used. Remeber they will look for any reason to invalidate a claim its there job.

doonat
27th August 2008, 15:35
hmmm well as for a student like me, here's how my budget goes...

>Weekly rent - 32.50 pounds
>Weekly Bills - 5 (electricity + water)
>Mobile Network - 35 pounds / month (need the minutes for work)

Good luck with your budgeting!:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

£32.50 pw in london? :omg: san yan pare? :D

northstar28
27th August 2008, 21:58
£32.50 pw in london? :omg: san yan pare? :D

Clapham common kaibigan... I'm sharing the room with my friend. ;)

LEAHnew
28th August 2008, 11:24

Interesting:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: yeah i guess your right, so what
shares do you buy?

:yikes: I wonder as well:Erm:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Make sense to me now:)

Someone brought up the topic so i replied.
:xxgrinning--00xx3: