PDA

View Full Version : I Got In!

half.k
31st July 2008, 19:16
I got in Uni for International Politics and Criminology!

hopefully in 4 years i'll be working in Secret Intelligent Services (SIS) as a criminal intelligence analyst!!! "ohh yeahhhhhh!!" :huepfen024:

im so excited to start! just cant wait!!! :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

KeithD
31st July 2008, 19:35
In ye olde days we had REAL subjects :D

half.k
31st July 2008, 19:47
In ye olde days we had REAL subjects :D

what do u mean real subjects!!!:icon_lol:

u know what, you're pretty right about that... like degrees nowadays have a huge complicated name that really mean "waste of time and do whatever you like in 3 years".. like someone doing Philosophy Of Science and working as a barister... like seriously!?!?!?!

SephEan
31st July 2008, 19:57
that's so cool!!! congrats!!

GaryFifer
31st July 2008, 21:22
Ah good.How did you get in? What passes did you have?Are you interested in why killers kill then?Do you watch CSI or Dexter. I enjoy those. I always laugh at CSI because the girls always wear makeup and long hair at the crimescene. But its fun entertainment.

Forensic Science.You have in interest in that? I am sure you will get using a spectrometer sooner or later.

The international politics aspect of that sounds new.How will they keep up to date on it?It is constantly changing. I think it will be a United states of Europe when you are finished.

Philosophy of science. Those are the guys that say write stuff down C2h4 + h2 = c2H6. And chemical engineer just looks at that and laughs and says na canny do that. costs too much mate.

KeithD
31st July 2008, 21:25
You can start work in Antigua today :cwm24:

andypaul
31st July 2008, 22:06

hopefully in 4 years i'll be working in Secret Intelligent Services (SIS) as a criminal intelligence analyst!!! "ohh yeahhhhhh!!" :huepfen024:

Well done.

But ssssshhh should you be telling us?

So would you prefer milbank or vauxhall? Milbank has nicer cafes nearby but proabaly not a good enough reason to base a career on

Piamed
31st July 2008, 23:13

Well done! :xxgrinning--00xx3: I have to say that's quite a combination although I can imagine how the two subjects are related! Do you have a particular career in mind? Well done again!

half.k
1st August 2008, 11:48
Ah good.How did you get in? What passes did you have?Are you interested in why killers kill then?Do you watch CSI or Dexter. I enjoy those. I always laugh at CSI because the girls always wear makeup and long hair at the crimescene. But its fun entertainment.

Forensic Science.You have in interest in that? I am sure you will get using a spectrometer sooner or later.

The international politics aspect of that sounds new.How will they keep up to date on it?It is constantly changing. I think it will be a United states of Europe when you are finished.

Philosophy of science. Those are the guys that say write stuff down C2h4 + h2 = c2H6. And chemical engineer just looks at that and laughs and says na canny do that. costs too much mate.

Well forensic science and crime scene investigation is cool, but im more interested in sitting in a office trying to figure out a criminal's mind works rather than being at the crime scene investigating what he has already done... CSI series are cool, but very little of it is true, the job of one character is divided into many others jobs in real life, and they concentrate it in one character on the series so it gets interesting e.g.: there is someone specific to interview, someone specific for each lab, someone just to collect evidence, someone just to photograph, and someone specific to sit at the computer with all the data the others recovered, with an amazing software trying to figure out whats gonna be the murderer/terrorist/burgler/criminal's next step -> and thats what i want to do!!! its more like bourne identity/supremacy/ultimatum rather than CSI!!

You can start work in Antigua today :cwm24:
:icon_lol:

Well done.

So would you prefer milbank or vauxhall? Milbank has nicer cafes nearby but proabaly not a good enough reason to base a career on

oh come on, in 4 years time you will all have forget, besides im way to excited.... can wait to start!!!
anout millbank or vauxhall? is that where SIS is based in london? i didnt know that... yeah probably millbank... but it depends so much...

half.k
1st August 2008, 11:51
Well done.

actually that a pretty good question, I havent thought of it, but studying international politics will mean i will have a good chance of being placed internationally to deal with bigger affairs such as international political crimes....

half.k
1st August 2008, 12:00

oh sorry i forgot to answer the first questions...

well im will be studying at the london south bank university, and i got in with 8 A-levels, which 4 of them are A*. It was hard, cuz 2 years ago i got in for Law at oxford Brookes and gave up cuz it wasnt what i really wanna do, then i found this course but discovered that when they hire you (SIS, MI6, SOCA...) they find out everything and every single move of you in your life... so to have a better chance I did 3 more A-levels at fast track.. I found out that their assesment for recruitment is quite hard to go through (which is right to be) and like someone who used drugs more than 3 times in his life is automatically eliminated (WHICH WONT BE A PROBLEM WITH ME! lol)

-> but hey, what about brilliant people, who are just perfect for the job but had a wild uni-life and went to a few parties and got a bit crazy???
I understand why the protocol works this way and many lifes may be on their hands... but is it too strict? or is it just right?
What do you guys think about this?